The Happy Vice Institute - Game Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
This quote won't age well
I mean you basically strawmanned all of boooo's argument by saying she was sussing hip for defending himself when that wasn't what she said + you acted as though they were being unreasonable for saying hip was being overly defensive when I don't think they were being unreasonable at all, hip was being overly defensive imo, but you acted as though hip's response was perfectly normal since you tried to get booo to respond in the same way to prove your point that it was, but I just don't think it was and idk if you'd really think it was if you were town

and now you've pushed for tim to claim because you decided he was a cult leader out of seemingly nowhere

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
he should could be vig but wait maybe he could be a serial killer or a mafia, i think he should tell us his vice and maybe we might find out
but how would knowing his vice help you more than knowing his ability

you asked him to claim the thing that triggers the thing you're suspicious of rather than the thing itself

aka you're lying and just got swept up in the whole 'tim should claim' movement since you want info for SCUMMY reasons

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I mean you basically strawmanned all of boooo's argument by saying she was sussing hip for defending himself when that wasn't what she said + you acted as though they were being unreasonable for saying hip was being overly defensive when I don't think they were being unreasonable at all
Yeah well I do

but you acted as though hip's response was perfectly normal since you tried to get booo to respond in the same way to prove your point that it was
It was normal and they did respond like that from my point of view.

and now you've pushed for tim to claim because you decided he was a cult leader out of seemingly nowhere
Excuse me Ender was the one who wanted a full claim I just want to know his occupation

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
but the reason it came up was because we asked for him to elaborate on his vague claims
well, yes, but actually no

we were certainly discussing things amongst ourselves about tim, but tim himself had not confirmed that any of this theorycrafting was actually correct or even in the ballpark, so you saying we asked him to elaborate on his vague claims is misleading imo

the reason he claimed something vague was because I was suspecting him for memeing so to clear that up he explained it wasn't just memes

so I don't see it as an attempt by tim to distract from anything other than possibly suspicion on himself from me, in which case it wasn't at a time when 'he really had no need to' and I could see him doing it as town if he's being truthful too
except i don't see you putting any suspicion on him whatsoever in the pages leading up to his confirming that his vice involves drugs out of the blue, unless you mean this:
my random thoughts on tim before I sleep:

the only reason I think it'd be drugs is because of:

since I can interpret this as drug-related (in fact when I first read it I read it as a drug-related sentence but then was like oh he probably just means 'good stuff' as in 'reads/information')

but without this post in particular to me he gives me the impression he's some kind of robot or something, saying 'designate' instead of vote, and kind of enforcing the 'everyone be happy' rule, as if he works for the institute or something
which i don't see as being suspicious of tim in any way at all

if i'm being dumb here, you can certainly point it out to me, because you're not making a lot of sense to me right now

hipmeow

Reaction score
but how would knowing his vice help you more than knowing his ability

you asked him to claim the thing that triggers the thing you're suspicious of rather than the thing itself
he litterally said he designates someone incase his vice triggers and while ender did say vices may not necessarily be negative i just dont get how someone whos related to drugs visiting someone else is going to end well (plus again my vice is negative so right now im favouring that basically all vices prob are negative)

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
btw it sort of got hard to understand the whole inf vs hip thing since it seemed to be the same question but also not the same question repeated x100000 times

but my understanding of why hip did it was that both tim and himself have a drug related vice, hip's vice when triggered doesn't unlock some new ability, rather it hinders an ability he already has (he confirmed he has an ability + vice earlier (i think everyone does but still)), so tim claiming that his vice, when triggered, unlocked this designate ability it was a bit ??? so hip, in attempt to understand/disprove tim's claim using the information he knows is 100% true for himself, would compare their vices to avoid tim fully claiming if he was getting close to being lynched (since maybe he's actually a strong PR)

but hey im not hip what do i know!!

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
gonna be busy for a bit but I'll respond to you Enderfive later

and hip that still doesn't explain why you want to know his vice (the thing that triggers his 'negative' action thing) rather than his negative action itself

if tim says 'my vice is if someone says they're unhappy' how does that help you decide what the negative consequence of the triggering is

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
well, yes, but actually no

we were certainly discussing things amongst ourselves about tim, but tim himself had not confirmed that any of this theorycrafting was actually correct or even in the ballpark, so you saying we asked him to elaborate on his vague claims is misleading imo
i realise this might seem confusing so i'll reword:

we were discussing what vice tim might have, yes.
i did ask what he meant by desginating stranger, yes.

but there was no pressure on him to actually confirm anything relating to his vice, so when he did suddenly confirm that it was related to drugs, it makes me wonder if he had some particular agenda for doing so

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
i want to know his vice because i think his vice is something negative that will affect others
ok maybe I'm misinterpreting things then

I understood it as 'my vice is x, if x is triggered, y happens to whoever I designate'

but you understood it as 'my vice is x, if it's triggered it'll do x to whoever I designated'?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
ender ill pull quotes later to explain what i meant (i may be wrong since i was saying it from memory but basically the order of events in my mind are:

i sus tim for memeing
tim explains theyre not memes
we theorycraft around it
tim confirms its related to drugs since people are implying they want more information on it
people ask him more questions
he answers vaguely

if you mean the bit where tim confirms its related to drugs is where you think he was diverting attention then I see what you mean now but from memory the only thing being discussed at that point was his drugs so it'd just be diverting attention onto the same thing but in more detail

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
if you mean the bit where tim confirms its related to drugs is where you think he was diverting attention then I see what you mean now but from memory the only thing being discussed at that point was his drugs so it'd just be diverting attention onto the same thing but in more detail
yeah that's the bit i mean and i see what you mean by thinking it'd be just diverting to the same thing, and that's probably the reason i thought of the softclaiming and everything else being meant for someone specific as a hidden message before i thought it could also be a diversion, and it just pinged me a lot

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
btw im betting boo has a drug related vice as well, since when me and ender was theorycrafting (is this a popular word ive only seen it a few times before) about tim having a drug related vice, boo said that we appeared so certain that tim had a drug related vice and that that was suspicious/indicative of something but from my perspective nothing me/ender said was saying that tim 100% absolutely had a drug related vice so it always stuck out to me

i dont even KNOW if i should be saying this stuff or if its better to keep it quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.