The Happy Vice Institute - Game Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeSvorlds

Reaction score
tho tbf revealing which vices are neutral and which are negative could tell mafia who to try and target.

though saying this at all probably implies that mine's negative. cause it is. similar to what inffy said (and like the two other people who said things first but idr who)

and while im here i might as well say that my interpretation of tim's stuff was that if, somehow, his vice is activated by people interfering with whatever he had to do, then the negative part happens (to the designated person?). it makes like, quite a bit of sense to me. also had a thought or two more but i wont share for privacy's sake.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
why am i here :(
explained below

What is vague to you?
what designate does (he implies it does something but not what) for example

also notty what's your stance on claiming and stuff since i'm too tired to read back rn but you said you didn't want tim to claim his vice and then suddenly you appeared on hip's shoulder against booo but this time seemingly wanting her to out her whole vice not just the positive vs negative thing yet you've not suggested a vice massclaim so why are you only focusing it on booo

anyway reads list time

these are flimsy since it's so early but I'll share anyway

scum:
hip - vibes, his overreaction to my push earlier makes me think nervous scum, don't think he'd be so bothered about positive vices as town since it just doesn't seem like it will be useful to know at all and so seems like busywork, also didn't like his strawman earlier against boooo when he was like 'i fail to see how claiming whether your vice is positive or not will give mafia infinite power' - idk if hip would strawman as town or not tbh but it just pinged my radar when he did that

moog - vibes, too quiet, in the past 2 games he got mega defensive when someone suspected him but here he's just been cool as a cucumber and 'why me :(' and it feels so off like he's holding himself back from getting into a fight this game since he's trying harder to survive than usual

twg - again pure vibes

poke - pure vibes, especially these posts:

i dont really think pushing tim for his claim is going to be helpful tbh. I think he's given away a decent amount of information that it's actually decently obvious how his vice (approximately) works, but i think he's at the point that it would be hard to directly interfere with it (assuming he's town) or abuse it, which i think would probably be good.
just vibes really scummy to me idk why, also the "tbh" seems slightly like a cushion to make him seem a bit more agreeable and less likely to be suspected, idk i just expect town poke to just say "i dont think pushing tim for his claim would be helpful." (i know its nitpicky)

also i recall seeing him hint like that before in other games so i dont think it's particularly scummy. Not sure it was as crudely/forcefully which could def be him being awkwardly copying his town actions as scum but i have my doubts that we can determine anything like that rn
i'm 99% sure you've only played with tim once and he didn't do that in that game so this smells like BS too

slight town:
notty - i know i said scum earlier but that was just kind of in that moment how i felt but before that + after i feel they're town, just vibes
tim - i dont think he'd draw this much attention to himself as mafia and he vibes town to me
stranger - vibes

i lowkey wanna put booo on my town list too since i do think they seem townie but i also feel like they might be 'following' me a bit, it seems most of their points are echos of what i've already said before but like presented in a bit of a more aggressive way so that makes me a bit nervous

i also lowkey wanna put ender on my town list since his scumhunting thought processes feel legit since they're well thought out and reasonable but i dont doubt he'd be able to fake that as scum + i think he's much more agreeable this game than he was last game when he was town so those things make me hesitate to town read him

everyone else is neutral

also:

i'm not gonna push for him to claim any more, because he's obviously not gonna do it and i think that discussing it further leads nowhere right now, but i still don't understand why he would even divulge the information he did without being prompted, if he was town
can you respond to this please Timdood3 since I'd also like to know why you told us it was drug related and stuff when you're not willing to explain what exactly you mean

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
smh im far too lazy to bs something like that. the dichotomous flower game he did it with his (not real) double vote
that wasn't a softclaim though that was him testing to see if he had a double vote since his role implied he had more than just vanilla powers - it wasn't a breadcrumb to refer back to since if he was right about having double votes it'd show up there and then (at least this is how i remember it, tim can confirm/deny)

though I guess I can buy that you just misremembered this (if you did)

still think you vibe scummy though

hipmeow

Reaction score
don't think he'd be so bothered about positive vices as town since it just doesn't seem like it will be useful to know at all and so seems like busywork
i really dont get this line of thinking, its literally extra info, sure it might be useless but there is very little to go off and if leads to some sort of pattern e.g. mafia all have beneficial vices (not saying this is what i think its just a possibility) or if it helps us understand the setup a little better then i dont see the issue with asking people. maybe im being defensive again but nearly every point against me from inf just seems like hes trying really hard to read into my words and find a way to make me out to be scum.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
i really dont get this line of thinking, its literally extra info, sure it might be useless but there is very little to go off and if leads to some sort of pattern e.g. mafia all have beneficial vices (not saying this is what i think its just a possibility) or if it helps us understand the setup a little better then i dont see the issue with asking people. maybe im being defensive again but nearly every point against me from inf just seems like hes trying really hard to read into my words and find a way to make me out to be scum.
i mean mafia all having beneficial vices is a decent reason for why to ask it i guess but i get the impression you've only just thought of that now since you haven't brought it up before when i accused you of this

and "if it helps us understand the setup a little better" - how specifically though

i just feel like you didn't really have a solid idea of why it'd be useful to know and yet you went around asking everybody about it as if you did so it seems busy-worky

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
i mean along with the previous pattern thingy
what do you mean

it also goes back to how if tims vice is negative and he visits someone due to it id be pretty susp of him
yeah but that has nothing to do with asking everybody else about their vice's positive vs negative thing

hipmeow

Reaction score
i mean mafia all having beneficial vices is a decent reason for why to ask it i guess
what do you mean
yeah but that has nothing to do with asking everybody else about their vice's positive vs negative thing
????? if most people have negative vices i think we could safely assume all are negative including tims and if not that would mean we have an outlier which again is also another reason to be susp.
but i get the impression you've only just thought of that now since you haven't brought it up before when i accused you of this
also in response to this the whole tim reasoning is why i said why didnt i ask this earlier
also idk why i didnt ask this earlier but does anyone want to tell us if their vice is actually positive rather than negative

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
moog - vibes, too quiet, in the past 2 games he got mega defensive when someone suspected him but here he's just been cool as a cucumber and 'why me :(' and it feels so off like he's holding himself back from getting into a fight this game since he's trying harder to survive than usual
and by survive i mean not lynched specifically, aka scummy mindset imo
i accept vibes
quiet is because i foresaw this entire conversation going nowhere, and imo it really hasnt at all
theres nothing to get defensive over since i knew your only actual reasoning would be vibes and hey ho
idk what theres to say about trying to survive other than ive been quiet which ive addressed myself but id argue being the first to come forward that i have an ability isnt very survival-ish ('but mafia were given context clues!' good point, uhh u gotta believe me)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
????? if most people have negative vices i think we could safely assume all are negative including tims and if not that would mean we have an outlier which again is also another reason to be susp.
fair enough

still dont get why you weren't bringing up these arguments when trying to convince people to out their vices earlier though

also in response to this the whole tim reasoning is why i said why didnt i ask this earlier
what do you mean sorry im confused

hipmeow

Reaction score
i accept vibes
quiet is because i foresaw this entire conversation going nowhere, and imo it really hasnt at all
theres nothing to get defensive over since i knew your only actual reasoning would be vibes and hey ho
idk what theres to say about trying to survive other than ive been quiet which ive addressed myself but id argue being the first to come forward that i have an ability isnt very survival-ish ('but mafia were given context clues!' good point, uhh u gotta believe me)
hello sir have you heard about the recent popularity of telling everyone if ur vice benefits you postively or negatively (i dont remember if you have if so ignore me)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
what about when i pointed out you didn't mention tim's memes earlier (that should've also been listed as one of the reasons i suspect you since i still think thats a bit suspicious), you knew i already had at least one reason to suspect you that wasn't just vibes so i dont believe you

by survival i mean not getting lynched, so claiming an ability doesn't matter for that

hipmeow

Reaction score
what do you mean sorry im confused
bascially you were saying i just came up with the reasons why asking people if their vices are good or bad and i was saying how the reason why i said "why didnt ask this earlier" was in reference to the whole tim having a negative vice AKA ive had that motive behind asking for vices. tbh i still think this is hard to read but whatever

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
what about when i pointed out you didn't mention tim's memes earlier (that should've also been listed as one of the reasons i suspect you since i still think thats a bit suspicious), you knew i already had at least one reason to suspect you that wasn't just vibes so i dont believe you
que that was already explained by the fact that last game my quarrel was over tim not reading the thread not his lack of memeing but ok
by survival i mean not getting lynched, so claiming an ability doesn't matter for that
uh ok idk what you want me to do to make myself get lynched but thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.