[Concluded] The Party at the Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
also if u are 99% sure why are you voting me
since the closer it gets to your lynch notty will have to reveal its a lie + your responses to it have been semi weird but i can see that being you as lying/not lying

if notty doesnt reveal its a lie and it is true then youre 99% guilty
if notty doesnt reveal its a lie and youre lynched and flip not-lying then notty will be lynched tomorrow (friendly reminder @ notty what happened in comedy club when you revealed your lie and your fake reasoning FAILED)

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
the reason i think its 99% a lie is because it would mean that hip, as mafia, would have to come up with night action targets who are actual people and will have actual results about them everynight rather than the easy cop out of 'oh i visit the machine!!!!!!!!!' and i dont see hip being bothered enough to do that

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
would have to come up with night action targets who are actual people and will have actual results about them everynight
well i guess he could be some non-result role but still claiming to visit actual people results in danger from a watcher/tracker which is slightly unnecessary unless only mafia get to visit the machine and they got told this in context info (if that even got given that game) but i assume all alignments can visit the machine

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
well im trying to think of any reason why you would be lying about this because if it was the case you would be prob lynched the next day (although knowing you, you would somehow worm ur way out of that happening but its still a big risk so) which means there must be some role which is interfering with your report
Something something nonexistent bus driver

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
HK: Slight town read, his thoughts on the maintenance guy make sense
why are you townreading him for making sense and what did he say that actually made sense to you

Inffy: His lack of reads/insight on people other than myself doesn't sit well with me, and not because he thinks I'm scum. In any game I'd expect Inffy to be diving into details to get an idea of people's alignments, but I feel like he's not doing that here for some reason.
I just haven't seen anything that's made me think someone's particularly townie/scummy yet other than you

what are everyone's thoughts on poke so far
well he's behaving a lot more like I thought he would as town last game with that kinda sharpness to him but he didn't do that as town last game + after I mentioned that as his meta last game I could see him making an effort to be more like that as scum as well so idk

stranger: idk i feeling pretty confident about them being town
why's that

didn't think about it any before trying to weaponize it,
when did they weaponize it

hip's too but it's based off a game i didn't play.
stranger's never played with hip as scum so pretty sure she's talking about last game when he was town

the reason i think its 99% a lie is because it would mean that hip, as mafia, would have to come up with night action targets who are actual people and will have actual results about them everynight rather than the easy cop out of 'oh i visit the machine!!!!!!!!!' and i dont see hip being bothered enough to do that
tbf I could see hip just seeing other non-mafia saying they can't visit it and wondering if only mafia could and so lying about it

anyway I do think notty's thing is prob a reaction test just cuz it feels like they didn't actually get any excitement from finding hip to be lying but

vote hip

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
let me rephrase: if maintenance guy is 3p how does that change this: “[if] this maintenance guy got lynched or killed early on, twg would have been able to win so easily”
that can happen regardless of alignment
yes it could still happen if mainteance is 3p, but then atleast i would think it makes some sense (slightly depending on the actual workings of their role).

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
do you mean a role like maintenance guy? i assume not since that obviously exists
i guess you mean like a possible watcher/tracker, or a random role like doc. but since there's no evidence for a doc or anything else it's the same as any game? and probably something as integral to the setup as the first wouldnt get cut
Nah literally just pointing out that as there's one less player than there should have been a role which got cut, and perhaps another role which then was subsequently changed. Wasn't saying anything about any specific role there

I'd say 1-2 third parties.
There were 6 last game if I can count correctly, so its possible there's more this time around again. Although I think the previous game had more 3p than usual?

With the whole maintenance guy thing - I think its a bit too early to be sure of what alignment they have, but I think 3p is likely. Also, weak's alignment is "Self aligned" instead of third party of something like that, which makes sense considering they get removed once they reach their win condition. I wouldn't be surprised if they lurk more than most games, esp as I'd imagine getting lynched is probably worse for them than town. (Unless tim added in some sort of joker role then in which case aaaaaa)

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I don't know if it's normal for two third party characters to be so opposed to each other rather than having separate wincons. But I don't know how deep the rabbit hole for this game goes yet.

re: hip, I don't know if I'm sold on the lying angle, and I'd bet this is a typical Notty bait. Hip's responses do seem off though.

i mean either ur lying or i do need to visit the machine for my role. however my role says nothing about actually using or having to interact with the machine so im going to assume the former
Could be genuine. But assuming hip is scum here, there's a built-in fallback; the role doesn't say it necessarily must visit the machine. If hip needs to change course one way or the other for their claim, the roadmap is there--just claim that it actually does or it actually doesn't. He doesn't say anything definitive here. Feels like I have to reach to make this happen though.

well im trying to think of any reason why you would be lying about this because if it was the case you would be prob lynched the next day (although knowing you, you would somehow worm ur way out of that happening but its still a big risk so) which means there must be some role which is interfering with your report
Yeah no, very rarely does that "If I'm wrong lynch me tomorrow!" thing ever work. It's a classic WIFOM case and most of the time town isn't willing to bite the bullet out of fear that a town made a genuine error, making one mislynch turn into two.

The last part seems to concede that Notty's report/role is true but their report is false? @Hip does this mean you think Notty did receive a report?

I find it hard to believe a closed set-up has more role interference options since that just makes things unnecessarily difficult for solving. Open set-up, sure, because the roles and their abilities are known.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
no it's uh not. i was saying sussing me for the d0 interactions was p silly since it was because of out of game stuff, but if you wanted to sus me for wolfwagonning that's much more reasonable (which is what mis said, yes). but it's about me? and i agreed with it because it was a good point to mention to you
Yeah D0 is weak, no argument there. But it can still give a hint or two, it doesn't have to be dismissed. My main point remains that you've been following Mis and being very pleasant with them thus far to a noticeable degree and it could be buddying. I don't see you/Mis as w/w, that's too convenient. Gun-to-head, w/t and you're the w.

Interesting that we speak of poor read list and then ask for more reads. I feel any read this early on is a joke. Best to see what comes of today and then we can start reading for real. As stranger mentioned in a later post he knows they are weak at least but it's a non-zero about of info at least on where he stands. Makes it easy to find judgment later.
Asked about Moog because our stances on claiming were near-identical but Stranger gave me an sr and Moog a tr. Wanted to see if he'd contradict himself there and he did. Not enough that I'm willing to jump on, but enough to get me suspicious.

Jacethegray

Reaction score
Yeah D0 is weak, no argument there. But it can still give a hint or two, it doesn't have to be dismissed. My main point remains that you've been following Mis and being very pleasant with them thus far to a noticeable degree and it could be buddying. I don't see you/Mis as w/w, that's too convenient. Gun-to-head, w/t and you're the w.

Asked about Moog because our stances on claiming were near-identical but Stranger gave me an sr and Moog a tr. Wanted to see if he'd contradict himself there and he did. Not enough that I'm willing to jump on, but enough to get me suspicious.
Oh okay that makes sense just had a lot to read and that stood out to be as an anomoly amungst all of the banter xD.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Nah literally just pointing out that as there's one less player than there should have been a role which got cut, and perhaps another role which then was subsequently changed. Wasn't saying anything about any specific role there

There were 6 last game if I can count correctly, so its possible there's more this time around again. Although I think the previous game had more 3p than usual?

With the whole maintenance guy thing - I think its a bit too early to be sure of what alignment they have, but I think 3p is likely. Also, weak's alignment is "Self aligned" instead of third party of something like that, which makes sense considering they get removed once they reach their win condition. I wouldn't be surprised if they lurk more than most games, esp as I'd imagine getting lynched is probably worse for them than town. (Unless tim added in some sort of joker role then in which case aaaaaa)
do you have any thoughts on anyone yet

and being very pleasant with them thus far to a noticeable degree
what do you mean by 'being very pleasant with them'

Jacethegray

Reaction score
Jacethegray what do you think of stranger
I think that he is at the very least gathering info. I think that his read post was to get reactions and be as blunt as he can to both keep record and see how others respond. Not knowing if that means he is trying to figure out who to kill or who might be killed. But info gathering is definitely what I would lable him as. I generally associate that with a town or low power mafia / 3p. Though I know not what roles we have obviously.

I also think it's interesting in that it helps me scum read without having to try too hard. I commend it and helps that some followed suit so I have a bit of comparison without pAiNtInG a target on my back.

Seems CrEaTiVe enough to me. But doesn't put him in the green by no means.

Status
Not open for further replies.