[Concluded] The Party at the Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
hey notty whats ur opinion on poke. dont think ive not realized you didnt answer this the first time
Probs scum tbh just vibing that way.

imagine expecting notty to actually answer a question
Imagine Dragons

Really it only supports the theory that Notty is trying to push town into a mislynch with flimsy arguments.
Oh yeah? Flimsy arguments? Name two then instead of saying something generic.

That and the fact that she still hasn't addressed the fact that hip is denying visiting the machine instead of coming up with a fakeclaim makes me pretty confident that Notty is scum.

Vote Notty
Speaking of flimsy arguments what even is this. I never said I expect a fake claim from Hip and ive already adressed Hip denying visiting the machine so whats up with this argument anyways.

Re: Boo

Said after having 2-3 votes on them. Overreaction to pressure imo.
Disagree its a totally normal reaction

hipmeow

Reaction score
Said after having 2-3 votes on them. Overreaction to pressure imo.
yeah i dont really see how you are interpreting it that way. i had someone claiming they have a report which stares im lying and 2-3 people basically instantly voting me just made me think that im eventually going to have to claim but whatever

Boooo

Reaction score
although i think the only way the report would make sense by it being changed to me going to the machine would be like a bus (assuming im getting how a busser works because they always confused me)
erm, correct me if im wrong but isnt it only a bus if the person who changed their report is the same alignment as you? and i cant see a townie role changing reports

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
im just going to say that i do sort of trust notty and im sticking to my belief that someone is messing with their report
So you believe Notty's report is authentic?

This is speculation, but speaking from player/former host experience, having report-interfering roles in a closed set-up is unfairly stacked against town. Forum mafia already favors scum because of the lack of verbal/audio tells. Nothing wrong with a report-messing-up role ala Illusionist in an open set-up where Illu interference is a known possibility, but in a closed set-up it severely damages the ability of the town to solve the game and lets mafia fakeclaim so much easier. Can't speak for Tim or give any certainty but it's unlikely imo for this kind of element to be in play.

imo either Notty's report is a lie or it's true. If it's true, then it's not being tampered with. You have to pick one, hip.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also look at Mars trying his hardest to convince us that visiting the machine is for any alignment and not specifically the Mafia I wonder why this is
Because otherwise the game becomes way too easy to solve either way. If it's exclusively town, town gets cleared every visit. If it's exclusively mafia, maf gets outed every visit. Makes more sense for the machine to cause confusion than certainty.

hipmeow

Reaction score
Fair enough because I'm not omniscient so I can't say what roles exist and what don't, I just don't buy that Notty, if they have a true report, had their report tampered with. That would be poor balancing.
im guess you are assuming mafia would be having this ability but couldnt a 3p have it instead? i mean idk if that would change much in terms of game balance but its a possibility. but maybe this is just me really not understand why notty would lie about having a report, it just makes less sense to me than say some sort of interference with a report they got

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Following their line of logic, agreeing with them, etc. Looks like buddying imo, thoughts?

Also, Timdood3 respectfully requesting a votecount at your convenience. Off to bed soon so I don't have the time.
eh it doesn't feel like it to me, when he did agree I thought it was reasonable/something he'd agree with if he was townie as well

iirc the only thing he agreed with her on besides voting boooo was on agreeing that mis and he often vote each other day 0, which I think he'd do as town to back up what mis was saying since it was relevant to him, and it didn't feel like buddying

I also didn't feel like his interactions with mis day 0 felt fake or anything (iirc that's what got you first suspicious of them?)

If I had lived another night think I would have had your “sharpness”. Since ender was sure scum and I had strong opinions on stranger’s reads, but I didn’t have any real scumreads on the active people before that
I mean you don't seem to have strong opinions right now and yet you've had this sharpness right from the start so I don't think it's that you become sharp when you have strong opinions

Infected_alien8_ how did you rate this with thinking I want that reaction but don’t have it
idk I thought everyone could do it ever since the forum update but maybe it's staff only

Being town but looking completely unlike town is the Notty special. It's way trying to read them is a constant frustration lol. I think it's safe to assume, regardless of AI, this was a bait to get something out of hip, and I don't know what to think.
1) Tried to explain in #316 Hip's reactions were off. They end up looking panicked after a handful of votes despite not being close to a lynch verdict.
tbf he overreacted to me sussing him last game so it's not necessarily a scumtell for him (although I don't actually think he did overreact this time, what posts made you think he was panicking?)

I want to question Notty's motives for outing a result at all though, assuming she is telling the truth. Lying isn't an exclusively scum practice, and adopting a lynch all liars position would be rather hypocritical of notty.
sus on ltin now

He said lying isnt exclusively a scum practise so clearly he thinks town may have reasons to lie as well. I completely agree I was just checking if he meant always or had some specific scenarios in mind.
why did you want to know the answer to that

There's literally no reason for hip to lie about visiting the machine as several people already have admitted to being able to visit the machine and no one sus' them for it
hip was the first person to answer whether he can visit the machine or not and I (the only one who said they can) said that afterwards

furthermore we cannot seriously assume that everyone who visits the machine is evil therefore theres no reason for hip to lie about it. vorlds[/USER] What exactly is your reasoning for wanting to vote me so much? Because it seems rather nonexistent to me.
hip could've thought it was possible that only scum do though (I mean I still think notty's lying to bait reactions and have something happen but if not I lean hip being innocent in this whole scenario since I felt 0 excitement from notty when she 'caught' hip - and also her question to ltin earlier and then her explanation that 'I completely agree I was just asking genuinely' or whatever feels like a lie since that question would be pointless if that's the truth imo so I don't see why they'd ask it and I think they were just trying to paint ltin a certain way it feels a bit manipulative)

This

Is an extreme response to Ltin's statement that

Really it only supports the theory that Notty is trying to push town into a mislynch with flimsy arguments.

That and the fact that she still hasn't addressed the fact that hip is denying visiting the machine instead of coming up with a fakeclaim makes me pretty confident that Notty is scum.

Vote Notty
and here we see a scum trying to slip onto a wagon! why are you suspecting notty for not explaining what hip's doing, this post feels way too opportunistic and fake THAT'S RIGHT IM IN THE TUNNEL

Status
Not open for further replies.