[Concluded] The Party at the Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boooo

Reaction score
sus on ltin now

hip was the first person to answer whether he can visit the machine or not and I (the only one who said they can) said that afterwards

hip could've thought it was possible that only scum do though (I mean I still think notty's lying to bait reactions and have something happen but if not I lean hip being innocent in this whole scenario since I felt 0 excitement from notty when she 'caught' hip - and also her question to ltin earlier and then her explanation that 'I completely agree I was just asking genuinely' or whatever feels like a lie since that question would be pointless if that's the truth imo so I don't see why they'd ask it and I think they were just trying to paint ltin a certain way it feels a bit manipulative)
why exactly is that comment weird to you?

ah- I forgot the order.

that's fair, hip could have thought that but I dont think they'd lie about it so quickly- at least not until they knew for sure.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
erm, correct me if im wrong but isnt it only a bus if the person who changed their report is the same alignment as you? and i cant see a townie role changing reports
he means a driver role, not 'bussing'

Anyone with an investigative action I'd imagine, some kind of watcher/tracker/etc.
I mean they wouldn't be cleared town if there's an interference role!

but I mean mafia definitely visit the machine since they have to for kills, I know I do, and TWG did, so fmpov at least every alignment does visit it

I don't think having an interference role is that far-fetched or unbalanced, especially if it has limited use and we have plenty of investigatives, and idk how tim likes to balance games either

and I do think actually that an interference role does make more sense than notty lying as scum since it'd be suicide, but I still think they're lying as town!

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
past few comments have made me wonder if people forgot the first page
A few reminders for the start of the game:
-The Machine is a non-player entity that can be visited and interacted with.
-The mafia must visit the Machine in order to perform their factional kill.
-Third parties are removed from the game when their win condition is met.

also, is there any other way both notty and hip are telling the truth, besides a redirector?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
He says he might be able to visit but doesn't know for sure, which isn't a much better stance tbqf.
tbf I think it's likely that's since tim introduced the machine as a visitable entity so if he didn't get told 'you can visit the machine' he might just think 'maybe if I said 'visit machine' it'd actually work even though it wasn't told to me', that's how I automatically read what he said anyway

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Meanwhile a reads list:

Scum:
Mars: His reads feel off. That entire thing about Strangers reads list is off. Probably saw a chance to lynch me and Hip in successtion tbh. Plus everything hes saying about Hip is wrong in my opinion.
Stranger: Have they produced anything that wasn't a lot of words to say absolutely nothing yet?
Poke: VibesTM

Town:
Hip: Literally the most town-like posts out here even if I have a report on them. Anyone scumreading Hip should be looked at. I don't mind looking at Hip later in the game when we know more.
Ltin: VibesTM
Boo: I disagree with most they say but their attitude seems a lot moretown-like than last game.

OwO whats this
Unvote
Vote Stranger

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
why exactly is that comment weird to you?
just seems weird that his reaction to seeing notty out a report on someone is 'well sometimes town lie so it's weird how notty's voting for them!' since imo voting hip would be the most reasonable thing to do at that point, so it feels like he's defending with a motive that isn't just sharing his genuine thoughts

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
he means a driver role, not 'bussing'

I mean they wouldn't be cleared town if there's an interference role!

but I mean mafia definitely visit the machine since they have to for kills, I know I do, and TWG did, so fmpov at least every alignment does visit it

I don't think having an interference role is that far-fetched or unbalanced, especially if it has limited use and we have plenty of investigatives, and idk how tim likes to balance games either

and I do think actually that an interference role does make more sense than notty lying as scum since it'd be suicide, but I still think they're lying as town!
In this worldview, interference isn't needed because visiting to the machine will always be NAI.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
had a busy couple of days, gonna catch up and mark down my thoughts as i go

TheWeakGuy48_ was the Saboteur.
Alignment: Self-aligned

Abilities: Each night, you may visit a player. You learn whether or not that player is the Maintenance Guy.

Win condition: You win by visiting the Machine after the Maintenance Guy has died.
yeah it's pretty clear from this that there is a maintenance guy somewhere
in addition, i'd wager they're town, assuming the machine is good for the town (sidenote: i understand that some of you have already played this setup or at least know something more about it than what was posted in the signups thread? if that is the case, maybe share that info with the rest of us because i don't have time to search through another game thread and therefore don't have as much info as you do, so in order to keep us all on the same page, whatever info you have about the setup, pls share)

In addition, here's a couple questions I think we should discuss:
1. Does your night action have a different effect on the machine than it does other players?
2. Will your role be affected in any way if you choose to visit the machine?

As far as I'm aware my answer to both these questions is no.
i have no idea what effect other people might have on the machine so idk. looking at the signups thread, it looks like any role could have a different effect on the machine when visiting it.
i don't know that i'll be affected if i choose to visit the machine

Anyone else get an item?
nope

Considering how wacky this game was promised to be, only one nightkill is odd. There's an established third-party element, should have been probably ~2 deaths. Shenanigans were going down last night.

And it's D1, why should role details be revealed this early?
i don't think one nightkill is odd, considering the (relatively) ʟᴏᴡ playercount. third-party doesn't necessarily mean that there is a third-party faction that needs to be the last one standing, so thinking that third-party = another kill role seems odd. also, if there are other kill roles, the could be conditional, to account for the lower number of players.
from the fact that you seem fairly certain that a kill action was tampered with during the night, perhaps you have some insight into this matter that the rest of us don't?

considering revealing role details, i think stranger asked some fairly innocuous questions that don't exactly give away much about your role, but they can get discussion going, which is something we desperately need after a non-existent day 0 and a slow night 1

where did that come from

Im not so sure somebody who fixes the machine is neccesarily town sided.
The mafia relies on the machine to do their evil bidding, so fixing it benefits them as well.
My guess would be the maintinence guy is a third party, like the saboteur.
good point about the maf
can't really see the guy as a third party role, mostly because i can't for the life of me think of a viable win condition that makes sense, so i still think it's most likely that he's town, just that his action can be good or bad for the town, depending on the circumstances

is this a meme or something
i missed the part where boo did anything to merit a vote

Did I miss something re: Boo? Three votes out of the gate on them.

D0 was a mass of shitposts so I've got basically nothing to go off of. Mis's posting read off to me and their vote for Poke went completely ignored by their target. Don't think their interactions/lack of interaction with each other has been genuine.

Gotta start somewhere. Vote Poke
good observations, town vibes on mars

ya im also confused by this boo vote and i guess mild sus on the people voting them (unless there is a explanation as to why they are being voted)
this looks ᴏᴘᴘᴏʀᴛᴜɴɪꜱᴛɪᴄ

sorry whats up with this boo vote again, also im just going to go with my gut for now even though it looks like boo is just being jumped on randomly resulting in them being lynch by the looks of things

vote poke
yeah mild scumread on hip as i get the feeling he's just following mars without any particular thoughts of his own

not really lol. most of my reasoning is the same as mis', i thought the two things they had said were a little odd and the fact they had only said two things was odder. wanted to plop a second vote on and see what they said when they came on, whenever that is
except how did you know mis had the same reasoning
or are you saying you independently developed the same reasons for voting booo and neither of you decided to share them?

(Unrelated post a second before I forget this)
I just realised we didn't have the 17 players we were meant to when the game started, we had 16 instead. So its likely that some town/3p/mafia role got cut, so I wouldnt assume any specific role definitely exists
if this is about the maintenance guy, i'm sure that tim and alisha wouldn't cut a role that is inherently tied to another one, or they'd cut both of them

I'm not sure if reading votes is all that effective this early on in the game and it might just be better to go by vibes as we move on, though given the activity here (with inactive people like me) that's inherently limited

Or we could pressure people idk

Maintenance guy sounds important though it seems to me that the Saboteur doesn't actually do anything to the Machine other than visit it, unless it's not written in the role reveal
ugh i can【never】read mulb because he's exactly as scummy as a townie as he is when he's actually scum

im more suspicious that the boo voters have decided they have reasoning to their votes rather than it just being random votes for fun (maybe to spare mars' wrath) since tbh thats what i read it as (and why notty voted them too i assume)
big agree

mhm i think the Maintenance Guy is another 3p. it doesnt make sense to me that they would be town or maf. if that was the case, and this maintenance guy got lynched or killed early on, twg would have been able to win so easily. if twg's role was clearly harmful to either town or maf that could still mean the maintenance guy belonged to either one, but that doesnt seem to be the case. hence i think maintenace guy is just another 3p with a similair role to twg.

also, why is boo being voted, just seems like some people voted them early on for RVS or whatever, and now people are piling on. smells fishy
the reasoning to think that maintenance guy is 3rd party doesn't make sense to me, he could get killed regardless of alignment and harmfulness to either town or maf isn't a good indication of any particular role's alignment. besides, we don't actually have any indication that the maintenance guy has an action that is or isn't more harmful to one side than the other, so that's a moot point imo

I'm confused as to why people are voting Booo as well. I also have a bad feeling about Mischief tbh - I'd like her to explain more as to why she thinks Boooo is scum.

Vote Mischief
i can't decide if this is stranger simply hitching his wagon to mis because it's easy or actual townie motivations

i mean prob not the best to bring attention to this but im pretty sure they are one vote from being lynched and a mafia could jump on real easy right about now (although i guess it does make me a bit sus of boo that this hasnt happened but it could just be no one noticed) but i think you should unvote seeing as your entire aim is to get them to speak
what

Hip's a fucking liar

Vote boo
ʇɐɥʍ

maybe boooo has been muted!!!
considering she's been rating posts ä̸͇͙̥̠͊͋̈́͂̾͛l̵̠̙̼̙̻̺̋̊̽̌̈́̄̅̉͒̚l̶̪̖͖̜̱̰̬̤̀̒͒͝ͅ ̸̟̆͘ő̵̗̹̩̺̹̲̭͗̄̎͂̕͜͝ͅv̵̜͉̻̔̋͆̒͌̚͝e̴̡̞̐͌ṛ̵̢̣̞͖̗̙̮̬̰̒̄͛͛̽͋̆̅, this is actually a solid theory
could also mean that any of the boo voters might've known that and considered her an easy target, since she literally can't defend herself if it's true, which would point to a maf presence in the wagon, since a muter would very likely be maf

Not gonna lie, the 'why is Boo getting lynched?' commentary is now almost as wagon-y as the lynch itself.
agree

Yeah, I forgot about the game, Alisha had to DM me
ok nevermind about booo possibly being muted then

Infected_alien8_

Curious/perhaps the reason you think I did/seemed like good information to ask considering how I thought all actions go through the machine > he said he gave his action but didn't visit the machine.

Everyone has an action that can visit the machine right? Or is that not true? I'm a bit confused now
why do you think everyone has an action that can visit the machine? the signups thread says only that "a number of roles can interact with the machine in a number of ways"
this doesn't look like "all the roles can interact with the machine" to me

Guys, I messed up I don't visit every night, I can't visit the machine/I misunderstood my role.

My action happens every night basically or usually at least
i'm not saying that this is scummy because mis hasn't actually claimed anything yet, but this sort of "whoops misunderstood my role" typically happens when someone messes up a fakeclaim and has to think of a quick fix to it
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ just a note ♥

Then why do i have a report that says you visited the machine last night ?

Unvote
Vote Hip
s̾p̾i̾c̾y̾

I mean I said as much in my reads post that part of the reason I'm scum reading you is bc I didn't get a good impression of you. I understand that it in and of itself isn't a reason to say you're scum though.

Maybe we should sit in a circle and sing Kumbayah together while I rethink my read on you?
that is really an unnecessarily p͓̽r͓̽i͓̽c͓̽k͓̽l͓̽y͓̽ response

but id like to hear more from notty regarding me apparently visiting the machine seeing as they just said i was lying and voted me
this feels like an attempt to both fish out notty's role and an attempt to delay having to come up with any counterargument to notty's claim
in other words, scummy

I also think it's interesting in that it helps me scum read without having to try too hard. I commend it and helps that some followed suit so I have a bit of comparison without pAiNtInG a target on my back.

Seems CrEaTiVe enough to me. But doesn't put him in the green by no means.
lmao relax man i saw your ????????? ??? ????????? already

no it's a role that was used before but it's not common and I was just joking since you DiD tHis to 'creative' and 'painting' and said 'green' and have been acting like some inspired creative person who loves the machine and sees it as art or something
remind me again what has the artist role usually been in escres games because i see the name popping up almost every game and i've never known what it actually is
or i've long forgotten

ender - neutral, where is he
dead

Haven't seen Enderfive pop up yet AFAIK. Thoughts on the game?
hi

I haven't seen much of @Ltin @Enderfive @HKCaper and @Mulbery today. Consider this an activity prod. (You aren't in imminent danger of a modkill, though.)
hi

I want to question Notty's motives for outing a result at all though, assuming she is telling the truth. Lying isn't an exclusively scum practice, and adopting a lynch all liars position would be rather hypocritical of notty.
except notty typically has a reason to lie as town (at least in her own head), and as i understand it, there really is no reason for town hip to claim that he can't visit the machine if he can

Also kinda funny you use the word reach when voting me when earlier you (or was it Inf?) said reaching is a town practise.
that is taking the quote way out of context and generalising the statement to the point of strawmanning
same thing that ltin just did to you, actually

Maybe it was an honest question but your wording was aggressive imo. Doesn't help that I have zero trust for your claim and this kind of behavior is anti-town; your move doesn't feel genuine, it feels like hip is being targeted. Whole thing reeks of WIFOM which town has no need for.
okay but what is notty's motivation to do this as scum

Really it only supports the theory that Notty is trying to push town into a mislynch with flimsy arguments.

That and the fact that she still hasn't addressed the fact that hip is denying visiting the machine instead of coming up with a fakeclaim makes me pretty confident that Notty is scum.
or maybe hip is denying visiting the machine because he sees a chance to get rid of a town tracker before anyone realises that the only actually confirmed faction to have a night action that visits the machine are the maf

This is speculation, but speaking from player/former host experience, having report-interfering roles in a closed set-up is unfairly stacked against town. Forum mafia already favors scum because of the lack of verbal/audio tells. Nothing wrong with a report-messing-up role ala Illusionist in an open set-up where Illu interference is a known possibility, but in a closed set-up it severely damages the ability of the town to solve the game and lets mafia fakeclaim so much easier. Can't speak for Tim or give any certainty but it's unlikely imo for this kind of element to be in play.
yeah you can't really apply any sort of basic balancing logic to most of the games here tbh, especially if they're closed setups

thonk
dude twg isn't even in this game

so basically this is my first thoughts reading through
might try and make a more coherent post some time later, but for now, readslist for future reference:

ender - wanted dead or alive, bounty 500 usd
moog - slight town vibes, nothing concrete
ltin - idk, minimal town vibes i guess
hk - slight scum vibes
stranger - conflicted
notty - notty
hip - scum vibes
inf - cautious town vibes
mulb - see above for my thoughts on mulb and how i never read them as town
booo - idk
mis - idk
mars - town
poke - idk
jace - i guarantee he's 100% town
comp - idk

Boooo

Reaction score
just seems weird that his reaction to seeing notty out a report on someone is 'well sometimes town lie so it's weird how notty's voting for them!' since imo voting hip would be the most reasonable thing to do at that point, so it feels like he's defending with a motive that isn't just sharing his genuine thoughts
fair point

why do you think notty would lie as town?

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
had a busy couple of days, gonna catch up and mark down my thoughts as i go

yeah it's pretty clear from this that there is a maintenance guy somewhere
in addition, i'd wager they're town, assuming the machine is good for the town (sidenote: i understand that some of you have already played this setup or at least know something more about it than what was posted in the signups thread? if that is the case, maybe share that info with the rest of us because i don't have time to search through another game thread and therefore don't have as much info as you do, so in order to keep us all on the same page, whatever info you have about the setup, pls share)

i have no idea what effect other people might have on the machine so idk. looking at the signups thread, it looks like any role could have a different effect on the machine when visiting it.
i don't know that i'll be affected if i choose to visit the machine

nope

i don't think one nightkill is odd, considering the (relatively) ʟᴏᴡ playercount. third-party doesn't necessarily mean that there is a third-party faction that needs to be the last one standing, so thinking that third-party = another kill role seems odd. also, if there are other kill roles, the could be conditional, to account for the lower number of players.
from the fact that you seem fairly certain that a kill action was tampered with during the night, perhaps you have some insight into this matter that the rest of us don't?

considering revealing role details, i think stranger asked some fairly innocuous questions that don't exactly give away much about your role, but they can get discussion going, which is something we desperately need after a non-existent day 0 and a slow night 1

where did that come from

good point about the maf
can't really see the guy as a third party role, mostly because i can't for the life of me think of a viable win condition that makes sense, so i still think it's most likely that he's town, just that his action can be good or bad for the town, depending on the circumstances

is this a meme or something
i missed the part where boo did anything to merit a vote

good observations, town vibes on mars

this looks ᴏᴘᴘᴏʀᴛᴜɴɪꜱᴛɪᴄ

yeah mild scumread on hip as i get the feeling he's just following mars without any particular thoughts of his own

except how did you know mis had the same reasoning
or are you saying you independently developed the same reasons for voting booo and neither of you decided to share them?

if this is about the maintenance guy, i'm sure that tim and alisha wouldn't cut a role that is inherently tied to another one, or they'd cut both of them

ugh i can【never】read mulb because he's exactly as scummy as a townie as he is when he's actually scum

big agree

the reasoning to think that maintenance guy is 3rd party doesn't make sense to me, he could get killed regardless of alignment and harmfulness to either town or maf isn't a good indication of any particular role's alignment. besides, we don't actually have any indication that the maintenance guy has an action that is or isn't more harmful to one side than the other, so that's a moot point imo

i can't decide if this is stranger simply hitching his wagon to mis because it's easy or actual townie motivations

what

ʇɐɥʍ

considering she's been rating posts ä̸͇͙̥̠͊͋̈́͂̾͛l̵̠̙̼̙̻̺̋̊̽̌̈́̄̅̉͒̚l̶̪̖͖̜̱̰̬̤̀̒͒͝ͅ ̸̟̆͘ő̵̗̹̩̺̹̲̭͗̄̎͂̕͜͝ͅv̵̜͉̻̔̋͆̒͌̚͝e̴̡̞̐͌ṛ̵̢̣̞͖̗̙̮̬̰̒̄͛͛̽͋̆̅, this is actually a solid theory
could also mean that any of the boo voters might've known that and considered her an easy target, since she literally can't defend herself if it's true, which would point to a maf presence in the wagon, since a muter would very likely be maf

agree

ok nevermind about booo possibly being muted then

why do you think everyone has an action that can visit the machine? the signups thread says only that "a number of roles can interact with the machine in a number of ways"
this doesn't look like "all the roles can interact with the machine" to me

i'm not saying that this is scummy because mis hasn't actually claimed anything yet, but this sort of "whoops misunderstood my role" typically happens when someone messes up a fakeclaim and has to think of a quick fix to it

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ just a note ♥

s̾p̾i̾c̾y̾

that is really an unnecessarily p͓̽r͓̽i͓̽c͓̽k͓̽l͓̽y͓̽ response

this feels like an attempt to both fish out notty's role and an attempt to delay having to come up with any counterargument to notty's claim
in other words, scummy

lmao relax man i saw your ????????? ??? ????????? already

remind me again what has the artist role usually been in escres games because i see the name popping up almost every game and i've never known what it actually is
or i've long forgotten

dead

hi

hi

except notty typically has a reason to lie as town (at least in her own head), and as i understand it, there really is no reason for town hip to claim that he can't visit the machine if he can

that is taking the quote way out of context and generalising the statement to the point of strawmanning
same thing that ltin just did to you, actually

okay but what is notty's motivation to do this as scum

or maybe hip is denying visiting the machine because he sees a chance to get rid of a town tracker before anyone realises that the only actually confirmed faction to have a night action that visits the machine are the maf

yeah you can't really apply any sort of basic balancing logic to most of the games here tbh, especially if they're closed setups

thonk

so basically this is my first thoughts reading through
might try and make a more coherent post some time later, but for now, readslist for future reference:

ender - wanted dead or alive, bounty 500 usd
moog - slight town vibes, nothing concrete
ltin - idk, minimal town vibes i guess
hk - slight scum vibes
stranger - conflicted
notty - notty
hip - scum vibes
inf - cautious town vibes
mulb - see above for my thoughts on mulb and how i never read them as town
booo - idk
mis - idk
mars - town
poke - idk
jace - i guarantee he's 100% town
comp - idk
Ender are you ok do we need to call someone

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Meanwhile a reads list:

Scum:
Mars: His reads feel off. That entire thing about Strangers reads list is off. Probably saw a chance to lynch me and Hip in successtion tbh. Plus everything hes saying about Hip is wrong in my opinion.
Stranger: Have they produced anything that wasn't a lot of words to say absolutely nothing yet?
Poke: VibesTM

Town:
Hip: Literally the most town-like posts out here even if I have a report on them. Anyone scumreading Hip should be looked at. I don't mind looking at Hip later in the game when we know more.
Ltin: VibesTM
Boo: I disagree with most they say but their attitude seems a lot moretown-like than last game.

OwO whats this
Unvote
Vote Stranger
You agree that Stranger's read list is bad, which is the same stance I took, but in my case it's used as evidence of an sr. Can you explain that?

I also don't recall ever advocating for a lynch between you and hip; I think the whole situation is useless because it's a WIFOM clusterfuck where, more likely than not, only one death comes out of the hip/notty dynamic. As I've explained, I distrust your claim and your general behavior--forcing this WIFOM into the game--is anti-town.

And the reversal on hip comes from nowhere unless this proves this whole thing was a reaction test.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
whats a driver role

also, if you think this why are you voting hip
it's a role that switches who someone actually visits

and I voted hip since I thought notty would be like 'yeah I was lying about the report' once he got so many votes but I guess that's not happening

In this worldview, interference isn't needed because visiting to the machine will always be NAI.
not necessarily, the interference could be designed to effect other roles e.g. alignment cop, vigilante etc, doesn't need to have designed specifically to change watcher results

thonk
are you sure

(I haven't read all this post yet just skimmed through to where you quoted me cuz got dinner now brb)

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
You agree that Stranger's read list is bad, which is the same stance I took, but in my case it's used as evidence of an sr. Can you explain that?

I also don't recall ever advocating for a lynch between you and hip; I think the whole situation is useless because it's a WIFOM clusterfuck where, more likely than not, only one death comes out of the hip/notty dynamic. As I've explained, I distrust your claim and your general behavior--forcing this WIFOM into the game--is anti-town.

And the reversal on hip comes from nowhere unless this proves this whole thing was a reaction test.
I'm not saying it's bad though, it's mediocre at best sure. I meant all of his posts feel useless to me. Also it's not about his list its about your reaction to it saying any read lists this early are a like a waste.

You're advocating for a lynch for me right now considering you're voting me, clearly seeing an opportunity to have my lynched and when I flip lynch Hip. Also what do you mean forcing a WIFOM into the game?

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
re: Ender, in a Notty = scum world, rarely does this kind of mislynch vs. hip pan out where Notty becomes auto-lynch tomorrow. Too many 'what-ifs' surround the whole thing and someone experienced would be able to weasel out of it.

I'm not sold on a solid sr on Notty but I stand by their behavior being anti-town; town can do anti-town things. So I'm putting pressure to see what comes up.

Still sus on Poke and they haven't done much to convince me otherwise atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.