[Concluded] The Party at the Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I never said I was susp of notty.
I guess I wouldn't have been asking those questions if I wasnt at least a little bit susp, but I think saying "Ltin sused Notty" is a bit disingenuous.
true sorry I guess I interpreted it as you being sus of her and then later on remembered it as you actually saying you were

still I find the fact you even considered that something worth mentioning and thinking about weird

to me it was just what i'd expect for notty to vote for someone if they had a report against them, but for you you felt it was interesting enough to talk about it as if it was strange and so it feels like you weren't saying it because its truly what you thought since i struggle to imagine it was

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
That would be because I wasnt thinking about it
I just hadn't considered that angle

I was more concerned with notty claiming at a time which didn't make a whole lot of sense to me even if she was telling the truth
i just struggle to believe that you genuinely just didn't consider that notty voting hip was completely reasonable

Mischief

Reaction score
I feel sort of guilty because poke is getting like completely thrashed for like very little reason due to my own lynch

Poke is town tbh, just unlucky.

He usually gets lynched as town for disagreeing with others. I also don't see anything out of the usual but as the "mafia buddy" I guess that doesn't say much. Though give him credit that switching to hip when notty decided to run with it would be easier but he didn't so if he was headed for a mislynch it's a bit of a counter point.

I don't first vote/vote without reason, as some people will know but it's too early to really say all reasons. I pulled back on the boo vote because it was deterred by notty and they seemed to have more definite proof. Also interrogating with boo seemed truthful but not enough to say town.

Side note, there are more roles than just mafia that make buddies (ex, roles that are connected), anyhow I can say that poke is town and killing him is probably not the best move for my own self or the town itself. Let's leave things a bit more ambiguous for now though

Vote boo Because, I'm not voting poke and I'm not really against a vote against boo. I'm not against sacrificing a lost cause as mafia, it's way easier to just let them die than support them and have everyone taken down. Anyone from past games with me would know that so you can use this against me if you wish but know I'm usually more subtle with my support.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I feel sort of guilty because poke is getting like completely thrashed for like very little reason due to my own lynch

He usually gets lynched as town for disagreeing with others. I also don't see anything out of the usual but as the "mafia buddy" I guess that doesn't say much. Though give him credit that switching to hip when notty decided to run with it would be easier but he didn't so if he was headed for a mislynch it's a bit of a counter point.

I don't first vote/vote without reason, as some people will know but it's too early to really say all reasons. I pulled back on the boo vote because it was deterred by notty and they seemed to have more definite proof. Also interrogating with boo seemed truthful but not enough to say town.

Side note, there are more roles than just mafia that make buddies (ex, roles that are connected), anyhow I can say that poke is town and killing him is probably not the best move for my own self or the town itself. Let's leave things a bit more ambiguous for now though

Vote boo Because, I'm not voting poke and I'm not really against a vote against boo. I'm not against sacrificing a lost cause as mafia, it's way easier to just let them die than support them and have everyone taken down. Anyone from past games with me would know that so you can use this against me if you wish but know I'm usually more subtle with my support.
I get scum vibes from this

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Okay but how else am I supposed to say that in a not scum like way. Take it as it is, but I wasn't expecting every one to go in such a bad direction so quickly day1
it's not that you're townreading poke if that's what youre thinking, I actually felt you saying 'poke is town tbh, just unlucky' was the most authentic feeling thing in the post, the rest just vibes scummy to me, not sure how to describe it

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ender - I'm getting a 3p read from him largely because of his weird font antics. His scumhunting seems pretty legit so I don't think he's mafia, but his weird antics are telling me he's either not town or just fucking with us.
Moog - I've had my eye on Mooglie ever since they suggested piling onto hip to put pressure on them. I got the feeling that that was a coordinated effort with Notty to push a mislynch, and I really havent seen anything else that's convinced me otherwise.
Ltin - Town/neutral read. What little he has contributed has been helpful, but also I haven't seen enough from him to say I'm fairly confident that he's town.
HKCaper - Neutral read. Im getting the feeling he's falling back on lurking which always makes me scum read him Tbh. I'd lij
Notty - Im solidly convinced she's scum. The whole lying about getting a report of hip visiting the machine and then later admitting to lying sounds too much like a ploy to achieve some strange objective. Further more, I don't buy her claim that she did so "to start conversation" for a second. There are much better ways to start conversation (e.g. asking questions, posting reads or annoying Sir Mars Bar).
hip - I'm getting a pretty solid town read from him. Admittedly part of this might be compassion for him being bullied by Notty, but even reading his posts I really see someone talking from a townie perspective.
Inffy - Im generally getting the impression that he's a townie now that he's actually started scumhunting and tunelling people like I'd expect. I'm not 100% convinced he's town yet, but probably about 80% convinced.
Mulb - Needs to speak up more
Boooo - Im getting the feeling she and Poke are townies who really just can't see eye to eye on anything. They havent said anything that makes me think either of them are scum, their arguments are pretty logical and I dont get the impression that they know anything beyond what a townie would know.
Mischief - Strong scum Or 3p feeling from Mis. Beyond the fact that she's Been kinda lurk-y and hasnt provided much explaination for her votes unless pressed, her rationale doesnt really make sense from a townie perspective. Like even her recent post (#529) feels very much like she's apathetic and generally disconnected from the outcome of the game.
Sir Mars Bar - Bad first impressions aside, I'm pretty sure he's town. The fact that he said hes pretty solidly set on lynching myself or Pokes tells me that he's not worried about what his opinion is going to look like later if the group opinion changes. Plus I can follow his logic for scumreading me, even if I dont necessarily agree with it.
Pokes - See Boooo
Jace - He's way too confused about whats going on to be mafia Tbh, so likely town
Comp - Speak up dude

Boooo

Reaction score
this isn't me saying im "willing to vote them", it's me saying that if the report is true then that's what i'll end up doing.

i didn't say you were scum for sussing me \o/. i said it feels like youre literally making up reasons because everything you said was incorrect/a reach
ive only got this specific feeling once before, and it was in that game where it was me vs sob soooooo

"He's been voting the easy lynch all game"
>implies i was voting hip, and calls themself the easy lynch. one vote on you doesn't make you an easy lynch

"althought they both claimed to have no reasoning at the time"
incorrect

"i feel like he just bandwagoned off of mis actually trying to scum hunt and voted me because i had traction."
i didn't do anything differently than mis, and there's no reason to call mis there scum hunting and me not. (you have changed to mild sus on mis for that, yeah) again, one vote doesn't give you traction

"then later he claims to actually sus me but doesn't provide any reasoning."
incorrect

"Also he said he was willing to switch to a hip vote who coincidentally was also the most popular vote at the time, he just generally seems to be looking for an easy lynch this game instead of going by his own reads like he does as town"
ignores the fact that hip had a report on them, which was the main reason i was going to vote them (the other being overdefending you). second part is a little fair. i had actually wanted to look into you before mis voted and was just going to watch you but when mis voted i figured i might as well do it that way as well.

so no, basically none of these points are valid.

it's true these are much better

but sure, i could have a reason to vote you from d0 or night. ive gotten good vibes from shorter things than that d0 before

what i said did echo and i had thought it before mis voted but you wouldn't be able to tell that, no

and youre still overplaying the thing with hip. i was willing to vote hip at the time if notty kept pushing but you act like like i should ignore one of hip/notty lying even if that happened

nothing lol. but notty feels normal now
saying 'I'll probably vote them' means youre willing to, its literally the same thing

I'm not making anything up I just have a lot of vibes from you because of all of this stuff and I'm having trouble conveying my points

you said you would probably vote hip- pretty much the same thing too
point is, as town you go out and find your own sus' and then vote them when this game you've just been voting with other people and not really scum hunting as much as you normally would imo

I'm was referring to when you voted earlier, I thought you agreed with mis when they said there was no reasoning?

you didnt do anything different from mis, that's the thing, you copied them to look like you were scum hunting and I do sus mis, just not as much as you atm. One vote is traction, just not a lot, when I say 'traction' I mean you only seem to be voting people who have already been voted

I already realized that the point about you not explaining your sus on me was wrong, I just forgot that you did (probably because it echoes mis)

a claim isnt a reason to automatically vote someone imo, people lie about claims a lot and in this case it didnt really make sense for hip to lie at all imo

no I think thyere pretty valid still

theres literally no reason for me to believe you both thought the same thing and I think its very very unlikely that you did

i didnt say ignore them I said I didnt find it very townie of you to 'probably vote hip' and I dont think you've been trying because of both the vote on me and then later with hip, its not just the hip thing, its mainly a pattern I'm seeing here.

Other people voted you, I dont really get why you haven't addressed them yet nor the same way youre addressing me

wdym by take everyone down?

Ender - I'm getting a 3p read from him largely because of his weird font antics. His scumhunting seems pretty legit so I don't think he's mafia, but his weird antics are telling me he's either not town or just fucking with us.
Moog - I've had my eye on Mooglie ever since they suggested piling onto hip to put pressure on them. I got the feeling that that was a coordinated effort with Notty to push a mislynch, and I really havent seen anything else that's convinced me otherwise.
Ltin - Town/neutral read. What little he has contributed has been helpful, but also I haven't seen enough from him to say I'm fairly confident that he's town.
HKCaper - Neutral read. Im getting the feeling he's falling back on lurking which always makes me scum read him Tbh. I'd lij
Notty - Im solidly convinced she's scum. The whole lying about getting a report of hip visiting the machine and then later admitting to lying sounds too much like a ploy to achieve some strange objective. Further more, I don't buy her claim that she did so "to start conversation" for a second. There are much better ways to start conversation (e.g. asking questions, posting reads or annoying Sir Mars Bar).
hip - I'm getting a pretty solid town read from him. Admittedly part of this might be compassion for him being bullied by Notty, but even reading his posts I really see someone talking from a townie perspective.
Inffy - Im generally getting the impression that he's a townie now that he's actually started scumhunting and tunelling people like I'd expect. I'm not 100% convinced he's town yet, but probably about 80% convinced.
Mulb - Needs to speak up more
Boooo - Im getting the feeling she and Poke are townies who really just can't see eye to eye on anything. They havent said anything that makes me think either of them are scum, their arguments are pretty logical and I dont get the impression that they know anything beyond what a townie would know.
Mischief - Strong scum Or 3p feeling from Mis. Beyond the fact that she's Been kinda lurk-y and hasnt provided much explaination for her votes unless pressed, her rationale doesnt really make sense from a townie perspective. Like even her recent post (#529) feels very much like she's apathetic and generally disconnected from the outcome of the game.
Sir Mars Bar - Bad first impressions aside, I'm pretty sure he's town. The fact that he said hes pretty solidly set on lynching myself or Pokes tells me that he's not worried about what his opinion is going to look like later if the group opinion changes. Plus I can follow his logic for scumreading me, even if I dont necessarily agree with it.
Pokes - See Boooo
Jace - He's way too confused about whats going on to be mafia Tbh, so likely town
Comp - Speak up dude
ive never seen you give so much input in mafia before, its a litter deterring

Mischief

Reaction score
You know when mafia support each other, one gets revealed /lynched and everyone is like "Lynch the supporters!"

That take everyone down, it's not viable to be strongly supporting so early in game unless mafia is able to lead town strongly through fake claims ( claiming a strong safe role) without much conflict

D

Deleted member 4601

Pardon me for being disconnected from the game but I'm convinced this post was intentionally written to be confusing

D

Deleted member 4601

Mobile quotes are kinda finicky so I'mma use mentions, sorry just collecting my thoughts here

Not entirely sure if there are sufficient reasons to suspect PokeSvorlds but having read through the most recent posts a couple times I find the arguments Boooo gave a little confusing. Initially I had thought that it was influenced by the fact that Poke had voted for Boo and this was one of those "you voted for me so you're evil" kind of things which is still totally probable - though right now it's kinda boiled down to the whole argument of Poke jumping on bandwagons but at this point I'm just not sure

I don't think Poke is completely innocent but Boo's aggressiveness is getting to me a bit but then again it could just be the play style

D

Deleted member 4601

You know when mafia support each other, one gets revealed /lynched and everyone is like "Lynch the supporters!"

That take everyone down, it's not viable to be strongly supporting so early in game unless mafia is able to lead town strongly through fake claims ( claiming a strong safe role) without much conflict
Not sure if I'm understand this right but you're claiming that you're not susp because it'd be suspicious for scum to claim an ambiguous role connection so it wouldn't make sense for you to support Poke like this as scum?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount #5

Boooo - 2 (PokeSvorlds, Jacethegray) [L-6]
PokeSvorlds - 3 (hipmeow, Nottykitten, Boooo) [L-5]
Stranger from Planet 9 - 3 (Infected Alien 8_, MarsKid, Mooglie) [L-5]
hipmeow - 1 (Infected Alien8_) [L-7]
Nottykitten - 1 (Stranger from Planet 9) [L-6]

With 15 Players alive it will take 8 votes to lynch and 8 to no-lynch.

No deadline has yet been set for Day 1.
If no majority has been reached by the deadline, the player will the most votes will be lynched, with ties being decided randomly.

A couple of host announcements:

First, I request that votes & unvotes try to be kept at the bottom of posts or at the least outside of other text. It makes them much harder to miss!
Second, as there seems to be some confusion, if your role does not specifically say that you visit/interact with the machine, you cannot.
Third, do verify that your vote in the above votecount is correct; I make no promise of accuracy with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.