[Concluded] The Party at the Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boooo

Reaction score
poke didn't claim to have no reasoning, he just didn't give any at the point he voted

he did provide reasoning when he said he sussed you, he said your posts felt a bit off and your quietness was even odder so wanted to pressure you to see how you responded

I don't remember him saying he'd be willing to lynch hip but if he did, there's a reason hip was the most popular vote, and its since he had an actual claim against him, so imo it's no coincidence that he was also on board to lynch hip since as a townie he'd have reason to as well

personally I haven't seen anything poke's done that's felt scummy, the only thing concerning me is hip's opinion of him
well considering it was the beginning of the day, i doubt at the time he voted me that he had any reasoning

fair, but that was much later and i feel like it echoed what mis said

the thing is, is that i didnt see the reasoning for voting hip and i feel like a townie poke- one that was actually trying to scum hunt wouldn't have hopped on so easily- it just didnt feel thought through from poke.

are you talking about hip's sureness?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
well considering it was the beginning of the day, i doubt at the time he voted me that he had any reasoning
do you doubt mis too then? I can believe they both had minor suspicion on you from your posts on day 0 and quietness so it just didn't seem faked to me

the thing is, is that i didnt see the reasoning for voting hip and i feel like a townie poke- one that was actually trying to scum hunt wouldn't have hopped on so easily- it just didnt feel thought through from poke.
eh to me it's perfectly reasonable to have voted hip when notty was saying her report showed hip to be lying about what his role could do

Boooo

Reaction score
do you doubt mis too then? I can believe they both had minor suspicion on you from your posts on day 0 and quietness so it just didn't seem faked to me

eh to me it's perfectly reasonable to have voted hip when notty was saying her report showed hip to be lying about what his role could do
i do, it makes less sense for mis to sus me for being quiet as they dont know how active i normally am, but overall i sus poke more due to his other actions

i dont particularly think poke would fall for something so stupid- not to mention it seemed rather fake, i just think hes smarter than that

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
yeah the fact he's tunneling on poke makes me weary of him since hip's reads have been right the past 2 games from memory

I guess I can see why you'd find that suspicious, personally I can buy they both just found you sus for similar reasons since they know you pretty well (right?) and the timing of his explanation in my mind is just that he answered when he was asked and I didn't see anything weird about that

also I seem to have this like instinctual feeling of protecting poke from you and idk why that is

Boooo

Reaction score
yeah the fact he's tunneling on poke makes me weary of him since hip's reads have been right the past 2 games from memory

I guess I can see why you'd find that suspicious, personally I can buy they both just found you sus for similar reasons since they know you pretty well (right?) and the timing of his explanation in my mind is just that he answered when he was asked and I didn't see anything weird about that

also I seem to have this like instinctual feeling of protecting poke from you and idk why that is
that makes sense i suppose

mis doesn't know me at all, so its odd out of all the players they decided to vote me for being inactive. it would make sense if poke had done it on his own, however i dont think he did.

that's concerning, what do you mean by protect

(i'll be back soon, i need to go do some things, but please still reply)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
i do, it makes less sense for mis to sus me for being quiet as they dont know how active i normally am, but overall i sus poke more due to his other actions

i dont particularly think poke would fall for something so stupid- not to mention it seemed rather fake, i just think hes smarter than that
I dont think it was falling for something 'stupid' though, if someone claims a report on someone then it's imo reasonable to give it some consideration

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Could someone please explain how I'm middle of the road posting since my initial reads post?
As for my initial reads, of course they weren't strong opinions as I didn't have much to go off of, but IMO posting some information is better than posting no information and letting the game die.
However, I've been much more opinionated since then. Especially with the whole Notty vs. Hip mess.

Also, Sir Mars Bar is definitely Sobbity 2.0.

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
and here we see a scum trying to slip onto a wagon! why are you suspecting notty for not explaining what hip's doing, this post feels way too opportunistic and fake THAT'S RIGHT IM IN THE TUNNEL
Yes, because tunnelling an active player who has claimed to have an investigative ability is definitely a successful strategy for a scum team
/s

that's fair
i still think notty's just being notty tho and this whole drama is going to

˜”*°•.˜”*°• fizzle out •°*”˜.•°*”˜ and end in a
big
giant
nothing
Are you high right now?

What mess
You claiming you got a report which said hip visited the machine and hip subsequently denying that.

Boooo

Reaction score
I dont think it was falling for something 'stupid' though, if someone claims a report on someone then it's imo reasonable to give it some consideration
consideration yes, but he seemed ready to vote. and of course we should look into claims but if they dont seem plausible then we shouldn't be so willing to believe them and i dont think town poke would be so willing to believe notty's claim

PokeSvorlds

Reaction score
I mean you don't seem to have strong opinions right now and yet you've had this sharpness right from the start so I don't think it's that you become sharp when you have strong opinions
i mean you could be right, but youre also wrong cause I do have strong opinion(s)

or are you saying you independently developed the same reasons for voting booo and neither of you decided to share them?
yeah. i mean it's not entirely my reasoning but still yes

i'm not saying that this is scummy because mis hasn't actually claimed anything yet, but this sort of "whoops misunderstood my role" typically happens when someone messes up a fakeclaim and has to think of a quick fix to it
worth noting twice

Poke is really my biggest sus right now. He's been voting the easy lynch all game, i.e voting me after mis voted me althought they both claimed to have no reasoning at the time- i feel like he just bandwagoned off of mis actually trying to scum hunt and voted me because i had traction. then later he claims to actually sus me but doesn't provide any reasoning. Also he said he was willing to switch to a hip vote who coincidentally was also the most popular vote at the time, he just generally seems to be looking for an easy lynch this game instead of going by his own reads like he does as town
inffy addressed all of this but this entire paragraph is incorrect and im growing increasingly sure boo is evil

except i ..... literally didn't vote hip. i was saying i would end up voting hip if notty never retracted their claim. also you expect far too much from me

probably because they have made like 1 real point out of 8

i dont think town poke would be so willing to believe notty's claim
i didn't so ur right. it's kinda amazing that while scouring my posts for suspicious things to call me out on you missed the 4 posts on notty that weren't about me

Boooo

Reaction score
inffy addressed all of this but this entire paragraph is incorrect and im growing increasingly sure boo is evil

except i ..... literally didn't vote hip. i was saying i would end up voting hip if notty never retracted their claim. also you expect far too much from me

probably because they have made like 1 real point out of 8

i didn't so ur right. it's kinda amazing that while scouring my posts for suspicious things to call me out on you missed the 4 posts on notty that weren't about me
and i addressed inffy's points lol

you said you were willing to vote them all i did was draw attention to that

further more you cant say someone is scum just for susing you- its pretty ridiculous

all my points are pretty valid except for like one that i was wrong about and then dropped

i dont even know what the last part means?

what do you have to say about notty lying about their claim?

PokeSvorlds

Reaction score
and i addressed inffy's points lol

you said you were willing to vote them all i did was draw attention to that

further more you cant say someone is scum just for susing you- its pretty ridiculous

all my points are pretty valid except for like one that i was wrong about and then dropped

i dont even know what the last part means?

but i’ll probably end up voting hip
this isn't me saying im "willing to vote them", it's me saying that if the report is true then that's what i'll end up doing.

i didn't say you were scum for sussing me \o/. i said it feels like youre literally making up reasons because everything you said was incorrect/a reach
ive only got this specific feeling once before, and it was in that game where it was me vs sob soooooo

"He's been voting the easy lynch all game"
>implies i was voting hip, and calls themself the easy lynch. one vote on you doesn't make you an easy lynch

"althought they both claimed to have no reasoning at the time"
incorrect

"i feel like he just bandwagoned off of mis actually trying to scum hunt and voted me because i had traction."
i didn't do anything differently than mis, and there's no reason to call mis there scum hunting and me not. (you have changed to mild sus on mis for that, yeah) again, one vote doesn't give you traction

"then later he claims to actually sus me but doesn't provide any reasoning."
incorrect

"Also he said he was willing to switch to a hip vote who coincidentally was also the most popular vote at the time, he just generally seems to be looking for an easy lynch this game instead of going by his own reads like he does as town"
ignores the fact that hip had a report on them, which was the main reason i was going to vote them (the other being overdefending you). second part is a little fair. i had actually wanted to look into you before mis voted and was just going to watch you but when mis voted i figured i might as well do it that way as well.

so no, basically none of these points are valid.

it's true these are much better

but sure, i could have a reason to vote you from d0 or night. ive gotten good vibes from shorter things than that d0 before

what i said did echo and i had thought it before mis voted but you wouldn't be able to tell that, no

and youre still overplaying the thing with hip. i was willing to vote hip at the time if notty kept pushing but you act like like i should ignore one of hip/notty lying even if that happened

nothing lol. but notty feels normal now

Mischief

Reaction score
i'm not saying that this is scummy because mis hasn't actually claimed anything yet, but this sort of "whoops misunderstood my role" typically happens when someone messes up a fakeclaim and has to think of a quick fix to it
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ just a note ♥

My action was worded as "you go to the machine to do your action"

However I don't actually use the machine so it doesn't count as visiting the machine.

I assumed I visited the machine from the "you go to the machine" but was corrected after I clarified with a host

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
mis doesn't know me at all, so its odd out of all the players they decided to vote me for being inactive.
just checked and mis's reasoning was that they thought the reason there was no second kill was since the killer was afk and you weren't active, so I guess it wasn't anything about you as a person so they didn't need to know you

that's concerning, what do you mean by protect
just defend

when I've had that instinct thing in the past the person has always been town

altho in those times it was always an instinctual feeling to defend them against everybody whereas this is just a feeling of defending against you so far, so idk what to make of that

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I find it dificult to believe that you sus notty
I never said I was susp of notty.
I guess I wouldn't have been asking those questions if I wasnt at least a little bit susp, but I think saying "Ltin sused Notty" is a bit disingenuous.
I didn't lie it was a joke, totally different thing.
Are we still talking about Hipman & the Machine, or did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.