[GAME OVER] Formula Mafia

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
HK and Duff both made posts that acted as a soft-prep for a push, esp. the weakest link comment.
thats your interpretation, i had no intention whatsoever to vote you. that just adds to why i felt you were panicking, seeing votes were there werent.

my reaction was 'oh jeebus now he's mad at me too'
i guess mars said they were frustrated, but was mars actually mad at someone?

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
am i being unfair to mars
The laugh react to my previous post was in relatively poor taste tbh.

I'm not really mad though? I'm not sure where the emotion is seeping in here. I said you were somewhat rude, which is how your posting come across to me at that moment, and the fighting charge doesn't hold water and doesn't feel like a genuine reason.

If I'm fighting, it's because I've been made a central topic and I inevitably have a lot of questions to answer. If you would like a change, you can always propose a new conversation.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
The laugh react to my previous post was in relatively poor taste tbh.

I'm not really mad though? I'm not sure where the emotion is seeping in here. I said you were somewhat rude, which is how your posting come across to me at that moment, and the fighting charge doesn't hold water and doesn't feel like a genuine reason.

If I'm fighting, it's because I've been made a central topic and I inevitably have a lot of questions to answer. If you would like a change, you can always propose a new conversation.
well i apologize for being rude

i dont like being rude to people

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
So we have a 28.5% of hitting mafia, but a 71.5% to hit someone townie... The odds aren't very well in our favor, with townie numbers so high...
This argument is flawed; the higher our chances of lynching scum get, the closer we are to losing.

Notty's erratic vote jumping is rubbing me the wrong way. But the way they make no effort to hide the "This person is getting votes? Vote!" on top of just being Notty makes me think it's a just a prolonged Day 0 joke? WIFOM?

I skipped a few pages (from about 28 to 32) because I simply don't have time to read it, I mean geez guys slow down.

I'm not sure exactly where my reads stand at the moment, but I'm still townreading mars, and am moving more toward suspecting inf, hk and notty.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Indicate potential power roles, show what happens during the night, NK option highlights the demeanor/goals of the scumteam, makes previous-day votes/pushes appear in a different context.
i've yet to see any of these things give a significantly clearer lynch target than without them but i guess we can agree to disagree, imo usually the only way to significantly move forward with reads is lynches + pr outings, the latter not happening until much later on ideally

It read to me that Boo didn't think vibes were enough for a scumread, when they themselves had called scumreads based on vibes. That includes the Alisha push, which came from a vibe off the reaction test.

Basically the contradiction comes from saying vibe scrum reads are poor, but they simultaneously commit to vibes for their own reads to scumhunt.
oh ok

but yeah boo wasn't saying that hip's vibe read wasn't poor, she was saying hip's reaction to boo's vibe read was scummy (his reaction being to call her scum for it, which i dont remember if that actually happened or not but thats what boo was saying)

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Question 4: Is Alisha being suspicious to you? Please reply with your explanation.
✔/❌/❓
Not really. I've seen Alisha adamantly refuse to get into a no-win scenario as town before (see: Comedy club when TWG and I were pushing her to claim), so I can see where she's coming from with the who reaction test BS - no sense in getting in an argument if someone else is defining the terms.

Question 5: From what you have seen, is MarsKid working for the betterment of Town?
I can't really say at this point. I can follow his logic to some degree when he was interrogating Alisha, but his 'baiting' HK and Skele strikes me weirdly for some reason. Like he tags them, both of them pop in and say random ass stuff, and suddenly he's content not to ask them any serious questions - this feels off.

give a man a fire, you keep him warm for a day. set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Alisha is arsonist, confirmed. :p

Elaborate? FMPOV Boo was sussing Alisha hard. Then as soon as I take a vote elsewhere, they follow in step.

The implication here seems to be an HK vote, regardless of its source, is inherently bad.
I do agree with this. Boooo I would like a full reads list from you.

it hurts to be misgendered so much
?
I feel that. :(

duff seems more concerned with the leaderboard then the actual game. moog feeling townie, per usual.mars started questioning skel and I for being inactive very early on, while others seemed to be suspicious of them as well. i personally dont agree for going after someone for day 0 inactivity, but i could see where they are coming from. on the flip side they could be pushing to drive suspicion away from themselves, but thats sorta a weak argument in itself. inf had some vibes on hip i guess, dont have much of a vibe on either. boo seems to be vocal. still skele's aura is defensive to me, then again iirc boo said thats just their personality reading back, even tho they had only a few posts, it makes be a big uneasy. notty is making very short to the point remarks, i like it. tim hasnt seem to contribute much, feel free to prove me wrong. mars aura is a bit aggresive imo, usually that is a slight scum vibe, then again havent played much with mars that i can remember. okx and alisha are town i wont elaborate. while tstranger has been active, i have nothing on stranger, neutral aura.

enjoy the shite layout of this post.
I highly appreciate the shite layout of this post.

If you won't elaborate on okx or alisha, could you elaborate more on how you feel about boooo?

1. i dont understand how you made that connection and this concerns me slightly, seems like you backed off just because you felt you should rather than you were actually satisfied with her response since i dont see how duffies response explains why shes being offtopic and i dont think what you say here explains it either unless im completely misunderstanding something
I think the main reason I made this connection is that I've never played with Duffie before and so my brain was searching for some sort of template to apply to her to make sense of her actions. I'll admit that I wasn't fully satisfied with her response at the time, I mainly backed off to consider the possibility that it was my own mistaken assumptions rather than Duffie legitimately being third party. I still do get a weird vibe from her, but at least one that's not blatantly anti-town. I can see her logic behind a d0 no lynch - especially since no-lynching is an option I'd prefer to keep on the table day zero - I'll generally vote for someone I think has a good chance of being scum d0, but I won't vote someone just because they're AFK d0.

I'm trying to get a read on people, but with zero history on everyone, and everyone referencing previous games, it's a little difficult.
It's ok, we still love you.

what do you mean by lock-in lynch then? since duffie was never advocating for your lynch, or any lynch, you wanted a NL. notty voted you without a reason, presumably a reaction test if shes town, but gave no indication she was locked in on lynching only you. stranger i dont remember. hk implying youre panicking doesnt mean they want to lynch you though? i can understand my demeanor seeming like i wanted you dead and had made up my mind though
Lock-in as in my lynch was certain, if not today then later. That is the demeanor I interpreted. HK and Duff both made posts that acted as a soft-prep for a push, esp. the weakest link comment.
This is the one other thing that confuses me about Mars - he himself acknowledged earlier that mafia votes can change very quickly, especially during d0, and yet he was prematurely referring to himself as the lock-in lynch despite at least one other player (Duffie) actively advocating against his lynch.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
what is oogs maf game like
convincing

it just confuses me since hes been on the forums but he hasnt even viewed the thread like i swear someones tagged him ( Okx incase) + his role pm so its kinda like ????
ltin said on the signup thread that that thread will open when the game starts so maybe hes just been waiting for that thread to become active

that would be great