[GAME OVER] Formula Mafia

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
would you like to explain that stranger
+ alisha how does this frame me
+ wait so what???????????? if you werent part of the play then my theory on the hip/inf thing was very wrong
+ given mars' role im 99% sure one of skele/stranger are scum (likely stranger) so that mafia could have a nightchat when mars chose to do the suicide play BUT mars did it spontaneously so they didnt have time to plan it out the night before

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
my theory of what happened with the message debacle (which is wrong since apparently alisha wasnt involved):

- inf demands hip tells him his role
- hip claims in code by bringing up the replay thing
- inf gives him a fake claim about the messenger thing (which was shoddily put together to suggest alisha got the message during the night which then got a lot of flak since the role seemed op so inf told hip to say he misunderstood it and fake it)
- inf gets alisha on board
- infs role desc saying that the messages may be broadcast to main thread -> inf sends alisha 1000000 messages saying '21735' until 1 appears in main thread so it looks like hip's role is real

why inf did this 0 idea

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I'm also inclined to agree that Notty is evil until proven otherwise
Atleast I was the only one pointing out Mars wanting someone to claim is out of character. And behold he was a Mafia role that benefitted of having a massclaim happen so he could kill the strongest town (and then proceed to kill Inf & Hip anyways but whatever)

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Ltin wouldnt let me voteblock you due to Inffy being ded. :(
i am almost certain in your claim post you said you didnt have to penalize so i will go back and look for that
Explain please.

I'm also inclined to agree that Notty is evil until proven otherwise
why i think its you:
- ability to have 3 people in the chat (admittedly you cant speak) so whole mafia can be there
- if it comes down to final days, if you get a mafia and a town in the chat and make sure the town cant vote for the mafia then that swings the vote more favourably towards the mafia so they dont necessarily need 50/50 to win (admittedly idk how this works since mafia would have to out themselves by not voting for the mafia and then town can just jump on the remaining mafia)
- ability to roleblock (albeit it publically but that makes up for the other benefits of your role) and this truly is essentially a cc to me (but then notty also exists so ????????)
- you blocked me and im 99% sure you said you dont have to penalize

but on the flipside the simplicity of good skele's claim against yours makes me suspicious of him too so idk

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
my theory of what happened with the message debacle (which is wrong since apparently alisha wasnt involved):

- inf demands hip tells him his role
- hip claims in code by bringing up the replay thing
- inf gives him a fake claim about the messenger thing (which was shoddily put together to suggest alisha got the message during the night which then got a lot of flak since the role seemed op so inf told hip to say he misunderstood it and fake it)
- inf gets alisha on board
- infs role desc saying that the messages may be broadcast to main thread -> inf sends alisha 1000000 messages saying '21735' until 1 appears in main thread so it looks like hip's role is real

why inf did this 0 idea
To be fair, I wouldnt rule out a plan like this with Inffy involved

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
So, as the race director I have the power to select two players and stick them in a group chat together at night. That said, one of the players I select has to have voted for the other player I select at some point during the day.
I can then watch that group chat from an anonymous account during the night phase. I can not interact with the group chat in any way, only watch.
Oops hit post too early

I also have the power to penalize a player if I so choose.
Race Director, town aligned
During day I can choose 2 people to stick in a night chat together. I can watch that night chat anonymously from a separate account.
During night I can choose either of the two players in the anonymous chat and penalize them either by roleblocking them or preventing them from voting for their night chat buddy the following day.
i mean, i would argue that your wording (bolded stuff) suggests the ability to not penalize but this is also you and your bad wording has gotten you mislynched the past 2 games or whatever so idk anyMORE

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
ability to have 3 people in the chat (admittedly you cant speak) so whole mafia can be there
Why would mafia duplicate their existing night chat tho?
if it comes down to final days, if you get a mafia and a town in the chat and make sure the town cant vote for the mafia then that swings the vote more favourably towards the mafia
Ok but this would only be effective if it comes down to 2 town v 1 mafia and even if I did it then it would be stupidly obvious that I'm evil.
also my one-shot roleblock gives a message saying someone got a blue flag so I can prove my action just as easely.
Convenient that you didnt mention this earlier.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
'A light blue flag, sometimes with a diagonal yellow, orange, or red stripe, informs a driver that a faster car is approaching and that the driver should move aside to allow one or more faster cars to pass. During a race, this would only be usually shown to a driver who is getting lapped' -from wikipedia

i guess this suits the championship contender role name but you also could have easily googled this as a fakeclaim

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Why would mafia duplicate their existing night chat tho?
for when mars kills the night chat with his torpedo
Ok but this would only be effective if it comes down to 2 town v 1 mafia and even if I did it then it would be stupidly obvious that I'm evil.
i mean it wouldnt matter if you were obviously evil in the 2v1 scenario you would have won unless one of them is a roleblocker (hey thats me)!
i dont see how its a useful town ability any other way tho since mafia would need majority to be able to pull off a lynch and at that point they should auto win the game at 50/50 i think
Convenient that you didnt mention this earlier.
its true i did ask if they were holding back anything about role and they promised me they werent
why did inf make such a big deal out of not claiming its not like he was the DETECTIVE or anything
literally same and if you read back (ill try and find the quote) hip sarcastically makes a comment that makes it semi obvious he was working with inf but like no matter what inf was readily prepared to waste my roleblocking abilities forever despite trusting me for ???????? reason

he wasnt even doing any smart fence plays (the 21375 thing literally outed him as fake anyway so it couldnt have worked) so its not like not claiming was benefitting anyone but himself

aka inf is bad

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
its true i did ask if they were holding back anything about role and they promised me they werent
I wasnt holding anything back though. This is literally just a message indicating someones been roleblocked. I guess it is slightly different than usual since I got told what the message is but tbh i didn't even really consider it as something worthy of sharing seeing as I completely forgot about it when you asked me this.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
well infs play inadvertedly helped the town since if he had claimed its possible mars wouldnt have torpedod him for being a useless role + it set hip up to look like a confirmed town with the fakeclaim inf handed him when in reality he was 3p (i assume thats what green meant?????????) so the torpedo was wasted on him too

but other than that couldnt he have like claimed to me in a message or something so i didnt waste my blocks????????

like nothing can convince me that it wasnt a bad play that happened to work out due to mars' role and inf hammering into mars