They Are Among Us [Game Complete!]

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also, the less you speak, the more people just forget about you. Then people start placing stupid votes, like on me.
Thanks for the update chief.

I really disagree that I went to "great length" to defend Erik. I shared my read on him, saying it was 'slight town', and explained why.

I then mentioned erik's posts about UNU's claim made me question erik, though I still held him as 'slightly more likely to be town than scum'.

Then I spoke with UNU, my gut read on UNU was that he was town, and then erik cc'd. So, my read on erik became scum.

I always want 2 wagons, you can go back and search past games to check if you want.
'Great length' is perhaps an exaggeration. But you were rather detailed in defending someone you hardly knew in this game at the time. It was a weird moment.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
There is harm in waiting. Like I've stressed numerous times, we *need* to lynch, and 50/50 is about as good as it gets for Day 0.
That 50/50 will still be here tomorrow, but at least then we may also have a clear lead from whoever-is-really-the-cop. The only real risk is if the liar is a powerful mafia PR who can do a lot of damage to us tonight.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
=

'Great length' is perhaps an exaggeration. But you were rather detailed in defending someone you hardly knew in this game at the time. It was a weird moment.
I've never really understood why you saw it that way honestly. It was just a paragraph explaining my townread on him. If I town-read someone who's being pressured to die, I voice my concerns.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
My vote will stay on Erik unless me not moving would be the difference between a lynch and a no-lynch. If someone claims your role, it simply doesn't make sense to not cc immediately. Like I said above, it doesn't get better than 50/50 raw odds on D0 so statistically, it's best to lynch between the ccs, cop or otherwise.
Even if I did want to wait to lynch between erik/unu tomorrow, who are the other options?
Fog? What has fog done to be suspicious? I haven't seen anything that pinged my radar. It seems to just be vibes and wagoning?
Their reactions to pressure and some of their posting have been pinging me. It's mostly an Inf conflict.

Pair? I admit that I I don't feel great about him, but I do actually think he's probably town. His 180 from no-lynching out the gate to now wanting a lynch does actually makes sense because his expectation (nothing happens, day ends) didn't match reality (wait, people actual vote here?). I don't like how he seemed to be just following others' opinions, but it appears that he's put his foot down and stood up for his own opinion...I don't know if that means he's town or if it's a gambit...

I know mars is going to call me out for fencesitting on this one, but I really am torn on pair. The more I think about it, the more I convince myself that I'm willing to lynch him. But maybe I'm going soft here, but I wouldn't want to lynch him D0 his first game here.
Have you considered an Inf vote though

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I've never really understood why you saw it that way honestly. It was just a paragraph explaining my townread on him. If I town-read someone who's being pressured to die, I voice my concerns.
But they weren't pressured to die yet. It was the same case as Unu in that regard wherein pressure was applied, but it wasn't to a level that would necessitate a response such as yours.

It was 'just a paragraph,' sure, but you really detailed how Erik would be town in that scenario, and then Erik latched on to it immediately.

Which is why Inf/Erik must have one scum in it, esp. in the context of the recent claiming

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
But they weren't pressured to die yet. It was the same case as Unu in that regard wherein pressure was applied, but it wasn't to a level that would necessitate a response such as yours.
I disagree. If I town-read someone I want pressure off them as soon as possible. There's no reason to wait for when they're almost dead.

It was 'just a paragraph,' sure, but you really detailed how Erik would be town in that scenario, and then Erik latched on to it immediately.

Which is why Inf/Erik must have one scum in it, esp. in the context of the recent claiming
I detailed how I thought erik would probably be, because that was the read I had on him, though I cautioned that it was based off my memory of meta from years ago. I dunno, it was just how I perceived erik, and I wanted to share it since I believed in it.

Erik latching onto it immediately doesn't have anything to do with my alignment unless you think we're both mafia together, which you already said you don't.

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Why are you up for an inf lynch? I haven't actually seen you give a reason to suspect me but you keep bringing me up as a suspect
1) You have just seemed off this whole game -
2) You have been suing arguments to say that some people are scum... but then doing the exact thing that you've called them out for being scummy for
3) You're pushing hard for a Fog lynch... and surprisingly that's not in my best interests
4) #Lynchinf2020
5) It would just make me happy right now ?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Have you considered an Inf vote though
To an extent, yes. I didn't include it in my post because frankly, I don't have the brain capacity to butt heads with inf this time. Obviously I've done it in the past, and it's a good time, but I have no strong convictions other than Erik right now.
I don't like arguing with inf unless I have an argument that I feel strongly about, and at the moment that's Erik.

If I were to vote someone else it definitely wouldn't be Fog.
My negative feelings of inf come mostly from him pushing fog (actually moreso than him defending Erik) and thinking about it...My positive feelings of him just come from him being inf....I just naturally want to trust him ;-;

But if it comes down to it, I'd be willing to switch to either Pair or Inf if it means the difference between lynching or not.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Such as voting against Pair as they used their "gut feeling/vibes" to place a vote on me. Yet your vote on me is purely based on your vibes.
Such as doing a complete 180 on your whole vote and then saying that other people doing the same thing was a scummy move.

UNVOTE
VOTE INFFY
Wha

The first thing never even happened, I never voted against pair for that

I never said people 180ing on their opinions was a scummy move either. I said pair 180ing on their day 0 principle was.

So neither of your points actually happened

But nice to know I was right about you darling <3

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
To be more specific, I said pair's 180 was scummy because it didn't make sense. The reasons he gave for having the stance he did earlier on haven't changed or gone away, so to my mind it didn't make sense to 180.

People changing their minds isn't scummy necessarily. Especially if it's about their gut feeling of other people, which mine was

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount 9: I've Been Ninja'd
erik5456 - Timdood3 [L-5]
Fog - Pairjax, erik5456, InfectedAlien8_ [L-3]
InfectedAlien8_ - Fog [L-5]

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 players to lynch and 6 players to no lynch. If no player receives the majority of votes by the deadline, nobody will be lynched.