They Are Among Us [Game Complete!]

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
To be more specific, I said pair's 180 was scummy because it didn't make sense. The reasons he gave for having the stance he did earlier on haven't changed or gone away, so to my mind it didn't make sense to 180.
(though he did end up clarifying this and I was fine with it in the end)

I guess what I'm trying to say is, what happened with pair isn't what happened with me, one is someone going back on their 'this is how I do day 0' post even though it didn't make sense, the other is someone changing how they feel about someone's alignment based on their gut feeling

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Okay so I've finally read and gotten to a stance. We should 100% lynch either of Erik and Unu. We know 1 is cop, the other is lying. It is a 50/50 chance of us lynching a mafia (or alien rather), which is excellent odds within mafia. I'll admit that I am conflicted between which of Unu and Erik to lynch, therefore I'll sum up my thoughts on both and then come to a conclusion.

First off UNU, now unusual was rather... quiet before his cop claim. What I mean with that was not that he barely posted, but also his posts were not *that* valuable. Then he gets susp-read by a some and has a vote on him, and decides to claim cop:
Yeah, this is post is a typical mafia move from Infected. Has barely mentioned me for the entire game, but just as soon as some others (HK, Good Skele, Sessy) say they're suspicious of me, he quickly makes up some reason he thinks I'm a good lynch.

Vote Infected

And for anyone still wanting to lynch me. You may not want to lynch the cop.
Immediately you notice that this is not an usual defensive cop trying to save their lives. Not only was unu far from being lynched. But his post also is mostly about... getting Infected lynched for some reason. I mean as soon as infected votes him, and *wham* he instantly jumps to the conclusion that Infected is mafia. What I would expect from someone is to speculate, you know maybe ask around and see if their hypothesis is correct. And we really don't see anything of that here - I mean this is the first post he mentions Infected. Now he ends the post with a - sort of - subtle cop claim, "btw im cop". It begs the question - why? I thought and began thinking and looking through unu's responses:

Sorry, I guess the more sensible thing to do was to wait until the deadline chaos so people would have less time to process information, and which more often leads to rushed decisions.

That's the best I got.
People suspecting me where a lot more than 1, and with the two most active and arguably influencing people being amongst them I am fairly confident that I would recieve enough votes to eventually have to claim in hopes of surviving.
None of these answers satisfy me. Firstly I believe Unu would wait longer with claiming. I think he'd be saying that Inf was suspicious at first - then later drop the bomb. I think Unu would do a more a childish play of waiting till the end of day before claiming cop (if he truly was). "ha, don't lynch me! see i was right all the time" <- how he'd format it. No I don't believe Unu is cop after what we've seen.

I'd also like to add this last point that I originally thought was a bit suspicious but at a second glance may be *not so relevant*. It was that Unu claimed right after, and with a similar spelling as Erik.
I am James Pinkerton. At night I can visit one player and learn whether they are an alien or not
I don't think they're relevant. I am Bill Rutherson and can select a player to check if they are an alien or not.
ABOUT ERIK:
Before Erik claimed I'll admit that I leaned towards him being town, ie what inffy said about made really sense in my mind. He seemed very genuine about his items and his views which made me lean him towards town. After Unu's claim it didn't really seem like he changed his behaviour too much - I mean he was questioning Unu beyond what others did. Jumping to Erik's claim I'll admit I was under the impression that Unu was cop (seeing as he hadn't been counterclaimed or challanged yet), and Erik's claim didn't make sense to me; Why would a mafia counterclaim? I couldn't find any good motivation behind it, maybe he wanted to save Pairjax? I didn't really make sense for me that he'd claim cop in a situation like this if he was mafia. Of course I read back at what he had said and IMO they were really interesting.
I'm calling absolute bullshit on this one. Time is ticking down deadline wise and you decide to hard claim cop right before N1? I was suspecting sessy more than you but after going all of your posts of which most seemed minimal along with this claim from out of nowhere, you def seem most sus right now. Inf didn't even come up with BS reason that you're a good lynch. All he mentioned was a gut feeling and how he has a slight suspicion of you. I'm reluctant to simply bandwagon onto you especially with deadline coming up, but could you come up with a better defense then "Inf voted me, I am cop so lynch him"?
(this is the post right after unu claimed)
What caught my eye is that Erik is already questioning Unu. Erik is already determined here to cc unu's cop claim, I don't really see why he would set himself up as a cop cc at that point. It was in the cards that he wasn't no. 1 priority on the chopping block, Unu also pointed out inffy to lynch. I mean a mafia would maybe just accept Unu's claim rather than actively questioning it from the start. If Erik's mafia then this would be a really good play.

I'll admit that my post isn't 100% nuanced - about halfway into writing about unu, it made sense for me that Unu is the mafia. However I will also point out a one thing about Erik that didn't really make sense to me. It's his jump from Unu to Fog. Like, yes he said it was because it seemed more likely for Fog to be lynched than Unu, but you know 100% Unu is lying if you are the cop. There should be no doubt in Erik's mind. He wouldn't find a "compromise" - no he would go for the one he knew with certainty is scum. This throws me off a bit, however it's still in my mind that Erik likely is the cop.

Also one final thing. OFC I searched up the names (i dont assume this is meta), and Pinkterton is actually a detective agency ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinkerton_(detective_agency) ). I wouldn't take this as too much of proof since Erik could've known of it's existance and used it, but still funny.

I hope this post was enlightning and I'm sorry for the lack of structure in my post, but it's getting late and I want to sleep soon!

Vote unu

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Erik, Inf and Pear all on a Fog wagon

yikes
Don't worry erik and fog are bussing, and me and pair are town!

Okay so I've finally read and gotten to a stance. We should 100% lynch either of Erik and Unu. We know 1 is cop, the other is lying. It is a 50/50 chance of us lynching a mafia (or alien rather), which is excellent odds within mafia. I'll admit that I am conflicted between which of Unu and Erik to lynch, therefore I'll sum up my thoughts on both and then come to a conclusion.
Haven't quite got time to read the rest yet, but: we'll still have that 50/50 tomorrow as well. Either that or a 100% mafia lynch. There's no harm in waiting to let them try to get reports before potentially killing the real cop, unless the liar is a powerful mafia PR who we'd need to kill asap. I'm willing to risk that though for the sake of a report

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I disagree. If I town-read someone I want pressure off them as soon as possible. There's no reason to wait for when they're almost dead.
There's a difference between defending someone and very clearly explaining their mindset to such an extent that you've written their own defense for them.

I detailed how I thought erik would probably be, because that was the read I had on him, though I cautioned that it was based off my memory of meta from years ago. I dunno, it was just how I perceived erik, and I wanted to share it since I believed in it.

Erik latching onto it immediately doesn't have anything to do with my alignment unless you think we're both mafia together, which you already said you don't.
It has everything to do with your alignment lol. It determines that Erik/Inf are probably w/t. Whether you're the w or Erik is the w I have no clue. But there's a w in there.

You gave Erik a perfect defense and he immediately latched on to it. Either you jumping in to save him was TMI or you were genuine and Erik decided to sheep you for an easy out.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
There's a difference between defending someone and very clearly explaining their mindset to such an extent that you've written their own defense for them.
If my defence is entirely rooted in that, what else do you expect me to do? If I have a town-read on someone because I think I understand their mindset, then I'm gonna share it to best persuade people not to kill them.

It has everything to do with your alignment lol. It determines that Erik/Inf are probably w/t. Whether you're the w or Erik is the w I have no clue. But there's a w in there.
No, it doesn't. Not erik latching onto me alone. Else give me an example of how erik latching onto me says something about my alignment, except for if we're both mafia.

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Woah, sorry for dropping off the face of the Earth there. My internet has been really sucky lately :/

I personally think Erik is the most suspicious, but I don't want to risk that cop lynch. Therefore I'm going with Pairjax as I find both them and Inffy equally scummy, but Pair has been flipflopping and very wishywashy with their answers. I also believe they are more likely to gain the votes we need compared to Inffy.
I think claiming a role so early on is quite sus. Unu is the most sus since he did it to "save himself" but we now have a counterclaim moment happening and I'm not sure how to think. Unu is the most suspicious for me but Erik is almost equally so...

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Woah, sorry for dropping off the face of the Earth there. My internet has been really sucky lately :/

I think claiming a role so early on is quite sus. Unu is the most sus since he did it to "save himself" but we now have a counterclaim moment happening and I'm not sure how to think. Unu is the most suspicious for me but Erik is almost equally so...
How do you feel about fog?

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
No, it doesn't. Not erik latching onto me alone. Else give me an example of how erik latching onto me says something about my alignment, except for if we're both mafia.
Yes, it does. I've explained it in an earlier post. Getting deja vu when you were 'sloppy' and missed one of Fog's posts.

Erik due to the item shenanigans/swapping stances over the items. Nothing wrong w/defending trs ofc, but Inf's defense went to hella great lengths to put himself in Erik's shoes and very clearly give him an out. Reads way too strong considering its early game. Then Erik confidently sides with Inf and buys into it.

Inf could be playing a bit sloppy as maf, but he's not entirely rash, so throwing himself on the train tracks for scum!Erik would be an off play. By the same token, if scum!Erik has been around the block, he wouldn't so clearly side with scum!Inf. Ergo it's possible to assume w/t in Inf/Erik. A world where they're partners is difficult to see.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
As I will have to inevitably reiterate, let me further break it down:

You clearly defend Erik. Erik clearly loves your defense.

Scum!Inf could be sloppy. I give a nod to the experience of Scum!Inf in assuming they wouldn't outwardly back a partner like that.

I assume Scum!Erik understands mafia reasonably. As such, he wouldn't outwardly accept the backing of partner Scum!Inf.

Now this equals a world where Scum!Inf and Scum!Erik are a possibility, of course, but rather unlikely.

Both have acted wolfy in their own manners, so I'm confident in saying it's w/t in here.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
(this is the post right after unu claimed)
What caught my eye is that Erik is already questioning Unu. Erik is already determined here to cc unu's cop claim, I don't really see why he would set himself up as a cop cc at that point. It was in the cards that he wasn't no. 1 priority on the chopping block, Unu also pointed out inffy to lynch. I mean a mafia would maybe just accept Unu's claim rather than actively questioning it from the start. If Erik's mafia then this would be a really good play.
That is definitely a fair point for Erik.

And, assuming good guy Erik, Inf defending the so confidently definitely equals TMI then.

Doing a little dance with Unu helped to distance between two partners. I can see that world for sure.

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Haven't quite got time to read the rest yet, but: we'll still have that 50/50 tomorrow as well. Either that or a 100% mafia lynch. There's no harm in waiting to let them try to get reports before potentially killing the real cop, unless the liar is a powerful mafia PR who we'd need to kill asap. I'm willing to risk that though for the sake of a report
I don't really like to postpone lynches since everyone comes with a different attitude the next morning aswell as the mafia can coordinate stuff - what if unu/erik has a valuable item they can drop to their teammates? Still, seeing the reality of this situation (that an unu lynch for once isn't possible... I guess I wouldn't either mind lynching Fog atm.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Yes, it does. I've explained it in an earlier post. Getting deja vu when you were 'sloppy' and missed one of Fog's posts.
Literally all that post says is 'they're not a team'. Which is what I'm saying, it only means something about my alignment if you think we have to be a team. Otherwise it means nothing, because the other combinations are all still possible to you.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Can you give me a quick guide of the letter/letter thing? I get the format, I just don't know what the letters mean. I would assume t for town, but I don't get what w is, and I saw you do v/v/v earlier and I was confused then too.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Literally all that post says is 'they're not a team'. Which is what I'm saying, it only means something about my alignment if you think we have to be a team. Otherwise it means nothing, because the other combinations are all still possible to you.
Finna make a PowerPoint presentation and lay this out for you.

If you mean it doesn't perfectly say your alignment, then, well, no shit. I don't know anything for certain. I'm going by interactions and assumptions because that's the best there is right now. Obviously all other combos are still possible. Without any investigations or flips, there are no certainties. I'm not claiming otherwise.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Can you give me a quick guide of the letter/letter thing? I get the format, I just don't know what the letters mean. I would assume t for town, but I don't get what w is, and I saw you do v/v/v earlier and I was confused then too.
Yeah sorry, some other forums use Werewolf terms intermixed with regular maf terms.

W = wolf, v = villager. Scum and Town essentially.