They Are Among Us [Game Complete!]

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hmm... not sure what to think here.
My first instinct says that either
1) inf is doing inf things and trying to set the town in a wrong direction with a big post and is mafia or

2) Unu and sessy are big scum.

I know which way I'm leaning right now, but I don't have the time to put a post together right now, and I'm pretty busy today. Maybe I'll have time this afternoon.

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
My first instinct says that either
1) inf is doing inf things and trying to set the town in a wrong direction with a big post and is mafia or
I don’t know what to think but I’m definitely sus of both inf and unu. Like didn’t we already kill off the cop? So why is there a sheriff role too??

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
so you think maf have an item thief as well as being able to steal items from anyone they kill? or do you not believe im an item thief at all?

also UNU was never "about to go down" so I'm not sure what you're even referencing there, and nothing that happened yesterday can be reasonably described as a "surefire" bus attempt

what exactly was the point of your fake hammer yesterday by the way? did you think if I was maf I would admit it before stranger posted or something?

p.s. sorry for turning on you at the end erik
You were about to go down, not Unu. Don't start that overly-pedantic shit again or I'll really regret not following through with that lynch.

I thought that given the fast pace of things it might reveal a reaction from a player, and your reaction at the time seemed genuine in wanting to remind town of a detail, that being Fog's items.

Part of my problem was 1) Fog's later posting was still pinging me, especially when they decided to really praise me for some reason--sorry by the way, I'm garbage at this game and now you know--and 2) I was weary of killing Inf again considering I always go against him. I love you but your playstyle has a way of getting under my skin like no one else, and I didn't know if I was letting that cloud my judgement.

It was a dumb play in my book because I botched the vote and I put my role claim into basically an impossible position because of my second-guessing, which I do too much since I have zero confidence in myself by the end of the day.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Plot Twist:

My role is annonymeously actually referred to as "Sheriff X" (not my role name and I will come back to what I mean), but my ability works differently than a cop. My role is called Bill Rutherson like I said earlier, but my actual ability is that I can select a player each day, which will be added to a private conversation with an annonymeous account I can use, during the night phase. The account I was given was called "Sheriff X", and I was given the password so I could use it.

When I said "You may not want to lynch the cop", I wasn't technically wrong (at least in my eyes), but in handsight we can all agree on that I should have clarified how my role actually worked, although the claim could have been a little more scummy. After Erik claimed I was very suprised, so I regret what I did before that. However, after Erik was outed I think I did the best I could do which was to claim the same ability as him, otherwise I think I most surely would be lynched, and try to get neither of us killed d0. That went quite smoothly in my opinion. If it was someone else who counterclaimed me I think I might have been lynched. Although, much harm was done I was hoping doctor would be on Erik, or mafia wouldn't kill Erik, but it turns neither of this happened (cause Erik was doctor, and somehow mafias knew doctor wouldn't be on Erik) and so Erik died and the harm was done.

As the day was ending I figured my visit was quite important of choice. If I selected mafia or someone who would then die, my role wouldn't be proven, which is sort of what I relied everything on, and I would likely be lynched. That's why I chose sessybessy as I did read them as slight town, and they rarely gets night killed. Sessy claimed her role and items. After trying to make sure I believed her, I claimed my name and role. She can confirm this.

Basically I have been the cause of a very unusual game which has driven the town in the wrong direction, and got our cop+doctor killed. Sorry :S

I'm interested to see what you think of this.
I am Annie Carlton. Each day, I can select a player and have them added to a private chart during the night.

I'm in possession of a 20 carat diamond and a camera, no description or use added for either.

You are scum, shush.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Now my issue is that I can't have my claim supported b/c my chat partner was going to be Fog, but I got nervous and swapped off the Inf vote. Otherwise that was my target. Obviously I'm aware it's NAGL but that's what I've got, and I'd rather say it as opposed to giving up.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
2) Unu and sessy are big scum.
And I assume that goes for everyone I will converse with every night from now on as well.

I am Annie Carlton. Each day, I can select a player and have them added to a private chart during the night.

I'm in possession of a 20 carat diamond and a camera, no description or use added for either.

You are scum, shush.
If you are implying I'm scum then please explain why I was given that "Sheriff X" account.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
If you are implying I'm scum then please explain why I was given that "Sheriff X" account.
The idea of their being two private messaging roles that are town-sided is frankly ridiculous from a balancing perspective and I doubt that our roles could exist at the same time.

Sessy could easily be scum partner and you're an investigative maf role. Feels very convenient you claimed a private chat ability after I help vote off the only person that would be able to support my claim.

And from the get-go, your claim of being the cop is incompatible with what you now claim; I don' think an experienced player confuses a private chat with an investigative ability when the two are clearly separate.

And Erik wasn't doctor, he was a doctor/cop hybrid.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
Sessy could easily be scum partner and you're an investigative maf role. Feels very convenient you claimed a private chat ability after I help vote off the only person that would be able to support my claim.
Ok

So explain why we shouldnt do the following:

Let me live for another day, and then we'll lynch someone else who's scum *cough Infected *cough*. If I am not proven by another person tomorrow or dead, I'm scum and so is Sessy.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
The bus attempt on Inf is noted.
As if it wasn't already? Noted.

Erik dying literally confirmed you were scum. Otherwise, why would you never, at any point in time, try to clarify your role is actually a private chat and not investigative in any way?
Before Erik claimed:
- I thought I was the closest you would come to cop as my role was named "Sheriff X" and the game has few players, and I was going to see if I could use that for any further advantage.
After Erik claimed:
- Didn't want to retract my claim or clarify my role as harm was done and I would be lynched.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
atm you're once again claiming a role that is possessed by another person and/or interferes with them. I really don't understand why there would be two private chats in this game with such a small player count.

And I'm implying that you could have an investigative role to either know my role or to track my ability so you would have known I visited Fog. Far-fetched, but you making this role claim atm is sketchy already.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
atm you're once again claiming a role that is possessed by another person and/or interferes with them. I really don't understand why there would be two private chats in this game with such a small player count.
Agreed

And I'm implying that you could have an investigative role to either know my role or to track my ability so you would have known I visited Fog. Far-fetched, but you making this role claim atm is sketchy already.
Day actions are very rare, and not only that but I would need to have both a tracker role and a role cop role, to fully know that.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Day actions are very rare, and not only that but I would need to have both a tracker role and a role cop role, to fully know that.
No. Role cop = you know my role
Tracker = you know who I visited

Either way, that's info that can be used against me. You don't need both.

Though, in fairness, considering Erik was both doc and cop, one role theoretically having multiple abilities wouldn't surprise me.

MarsKid Even if you don't believe me, we can lynch someone else today and wait for my role to be confirmed by another player.
This is what happened yesterday to sort out the cop claims. Erik died. Ergo, that leaves you as an exposed scum. You don't get another shot to be verified again when you've already been called out by the flips.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Except it doesn't and you would be a fool to ignore a townie which can prove themselves.
I don't want you to interpret this as an attack, because I know you're in defense mode right now, I just want help understanding something:
Can you explain to me how someone saying they were in a nightchat with you proves you?