They Are Among Us [Game Complete!]

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
‘I know how many town there are’
This was discussed day 0 before I was already in the game btw.

As Tim rightly pointed out mafia should be around 30% of the player base.

with 11 players that equates to 3 being the safest guess as mafia, 2 would be too low so would require some amazing benefits if it were the case and 4 would be too high (we would have already lost the game today).

Especially now with the 3rd party theory, 3 mafia fits perfectly so we can assume at least 7 players are town.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
And yeah too be honest, especially since he's been very vacant today yet has rated some of my posts, I'd be up for a TWG lynch.

Assuming inf is 3rd party, which is a hard assumption to make. I think we can risk leaving him alive today. Plus he's my big spammy essay buddy, the game would be boring if I killed him off now <3

Mafia if he isn't one of yours btw, I suggest you block him religiously as you also don't want him to win.

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Now, at this point i could definitely see inf and sess as maf. Sess for the reasons mentioned before, and i dont trust inf townread on her at all. The way i see it either inf of aqua is maf. The safe is still a bit wonky to me, but i can see it being a role specificially against inf 's role. Considering the two messaging roles, we could have (could have yikes) used it quite effectively.
and what is your read on me?
why would mafia have a diary, what use does it serve to them?

How did he read your role? You mean that you claimed to him? I assume you claimed the diary to him as well

And I'm sure you're expecting this question: What question would only a town member know to ask?
And preemptively: What was your answer to that question?

Your entire argument right now seems to be "A dead town member thought I was town."
Well Unu did say he was certain I am town. I claimed both of my items to him. I’m not sure if he read my role and was asking me questions to see if I’d lie.

Unu asked me what my items were and my role name. I answered truthfully.

Right now im looking to vote for TWG as he’s been pretty quiet this game and his arguments have been shaky and almost like he’s trying to stay out of the spotlight.
Im not going to vote for HK, I just don’t really see him as definite scum. There is a potential for him to be scum but rn I’m not entirely sure.
As for aqua, I don’t know. The aggressive play is part of his style I guess. I’m leaning toward potential mafia but I’m not sure.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
9 and a half hours left in the day, but it's unlikely I'll be able to check in after about 1 pm (2.5 hours from now). But I'll try to be available at day end.

Just so we know where everybody stands, here I am with a spiritual vote tally.
Inf: HK
Aqua: Twg, inf
Sessy: Twg
Tim: Aqua, sessy
HK: I forgot. inf?
Skele: ??
Twg: ??

(as I think aqua pointed out) Just a reminder that we're most likely in mylo, so every townsperson needs to agree on a lynch to get it through without mafia assistance.
TheWeakGuy48_ Good Skele Are you guys real?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
feels wifomy. maybe maf made the thing up in night chat to give sess cred in just the way you are acknowledging it now.
yeah i know thats possible, but my gut says no. after some consideration of why that might be, i think it just seems too creative of an idea to be likely for scum to have made it up in the short time between UNU visiting her n1 and her responding to him about her item claim later that night, to me.

another reason could be that sessy claimed having an item with a use day 0. i see no reason for her to lie, which means either she had a pro-town item and thus felt ok being honest about it (and was probs town, since i now agree its unlikely maf start with a pro-town item like the cow), or had a pro-maf item but was still honest about having an item with a use. even tho that item's use was scummy, she still admitted to having an item with a use, even though there was no pressure for her to do so since only 2 other people said the same, and she was under 0 suspicion. so i dont see why shed take the risk of saying she has an item with a use, when surely she'd know that people could ask her what the use is at some point of the game, knowing she'd have to lie about what it does which is of course risky, when she could just keep it hidden. yeah, it's completely possible she did it as scum since she thought maybe town could check who has a use item or something, but i think it feels a bit more likely to me that shes just town. but idk if thats because of my gut feeling biasing my judgement there, or whether thats reasonable and thats one of the causes of my gut feeling.

i swear most of your arguments come back to this, and its something mars kept saying aswell. I feel i mostly did this day 0, and usually i dont take day 0 to seriously (i realize this is a very weak argument, but ive been meaning to say it for a while). I've tried to be more precise since then, but i cant seem to catch a break.
like i said, its reasonable to come to neutral conclusions sometimes. but id expect some gut feelings or something to come into play and lead you to a conclusion at some points in the game. like ive done a bunch.

and yeah mars said a couple times that my opinion on you was fencesitting but it wasnt and i refuted that, he'd misread my post.

i remember people praising twg for his posts, thought you were one of them, but havent checked.
no, i did say it had some insightful comments, but ultimately disagreed. i then later on day 1 brought up how it felt weird to me, and said it smelt of a bus post or at least that twg knew more than he was letting on.

I've said before i think, i dont see the point in tirelessly arguing with you, but i was here for a small back and forth yesterday. Besides, you've been on me from the start, but its been mostly the same argument, something i cant really respond to. Just that you are focal and keep putting me up for lynch, doesnt mean others share that mindset. Besides you, there doesnt appear to be anyone that set on lynching me.
ok fair, but that only answers why youre not concerned with your life - its almost end of day and its mylo, why arent you trying harder to find a suspect?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
yeah i know thats possible, but my gut says no. after some consideration of why that might be, i think it just seems too creative of an idea to be likely for scum to have made it up in the short time between UNU visiting her n1 and her responding to him about her item claim later that night, to me.
and like, i know we've seen that item before, but it was like a year ago so it seems unlikely someone remembered it in that short space of time. i could see stranger/alusha thinking of it over a bit of a longer period of time though.

i dunno if im being reasonable there or again if my gut feeling is biasing me. but nevertheless my gut feeling says its legit.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
and like, i know we've seen that item before, but it was like a year ago so it seems unlikely someone remembered it in that short space of time.
(as in, yeah i said it was a creative idea to come up with, so if its unlikely they thought of it via memory in that short space of time, then theyd have to have come up with it themselves, which is also unlikely to have happened in that short space of time, imo)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
idk if i explained that well at all

basically, i think it was creative enough to be unlikely to come up with during that short time

it mightve not come from creativity however, and come from memory, because we've seen a diary thing before, you may say. and my answer to that is that i also find it unlikely that they remembered this concept in that short space of time as well, since it was like a year ago since it was last used.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
like, i came up with a diary esque thing in comedy club but it wasnt like an obvious go-to role idea. i came up with it since the role was inspired by kyoko from danganronpa and id been watching the anime recently and kyoko was writing stuff in a journal and they found it when she died, so thats where the idea came from. if it werent for that idk if id have thought of it.

i did do another diary thing in zuplar but i didnt think of that quickly or anything, it was effort to come up with creative roles like that.

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
idk if i explained that well at all

basically, i think it was creative enough to be unlikely to come up with during that short time

it mightve not come from creativity however, and come from memory, because we've seen a diary thing before, you may say. and my answer to that is that i also find it unlikely that they remembered this concept in that short space of time as well, since it was like a year ago since it was last used.
oh...I’ve never been prompted to do this? I must’ve misread that then...

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
btw i dont like how aqua is completely ignoring hk
I'm not, I just don't see him as particularly scummy.

He seems uncaring about the game but (from what I can remember, it's been a year I'm sorry bby <3) that's just hk.

besides it was his birthday yesterday, I don't want to lynch someone the day after their birthday :(

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
oh...I’ve never been prompted to do this? I must’ve misread that then...
i think you misread my post cuz i was just talking about why i think scum wouldnt be likely to come up with the idea of a diary and fake claim it n1

thats not completely fair. You've simply been tunnelvisioning on me from the start. Ive shared my thoughts, and said who i think we should lynch. I dont see what more i could do rn.
yeah today when theres 24 hours left after i wrote my reads list. before that, all day youve not really done much poking/questioning at people. ive saw no attempt at trying to get into peoples mindsets or anything.

He seems uncaring about the game but (from what I can remember, it's been a year I'm sorry bby <3) that's just hk.
its not.

Infected_alien8_ since there isn't much to go off on Hk from today, want to compile what it was that made you susp of him day 0 & 1?

Nothing particularly stood out to me during my initial read through, do you have any specific examples?
theres not really any post(s) in particular that would show my argument. its the fact that theres a clear absence of any legitimate feelings that guide his reads imo. all his reads and stances are just 'it could be this. but, it could be that.' and leaving it there. just go on his profile, go to his posts and read through them all if you want to see for yourself.

theres a post i made in a bit more detail about why i think thats happening that you might find interesting though:

my reads are flipping a lot

but I'm not on you for '??', it was

a) yesterday your post felt too wordy to say too little, reminded me of my memory of your scum game
b) end of day yesterday you were online but silent which makes more sense for maf than town to me
c) i think you're still yet to provide an actual read on anyone other than 'could be this, could be that too though' - youre not usually like this as town

for c) i wonder if you're doing what i used to do as scum. as town the starting point and main bulk of my reads come from feelings that i experience (i think youre the same?), and as mafia those feelings dont come anymore, so suddenly 'scumh hunting' when youre mafia is really hard since youre so used to relying on feelings and theyre no longer there since youre not actually in the unknown anymore, and you cant help but see excuses for why people are behaving in the way they are, reasons for why theyd do that as town, and feel that those townie reasons and excuses are really reasonable, because deep down you know theyre town and so your mind automatically reads them for 'why are they behaving like that' while taking into consideration that they are in fact town, and its difficult to ignore the reasonable opinions youve thought of because you feel you should say them because then youre being honest and honesty is townie and hopefully people will sense your honesty and may sense dishonesty, but then it just ends up as not really taking a side

nowadays im brave enough to blatently lie about my feelings so i dont have that issue anymore but maybe you havent got to that stage yet, i mean you havent played as many maf games as me i dont think so makes sense you might still be facing obstacles ive already gotten over

i dunno, sorry if im just projecting myself onto you and if none of that paragraph is relatable at all, its just something i wonder whether is happening and find it kinda interesting

regardless, i think youre scummy this game <3

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
theres not really any post(s) in particular that would show my argument. its the fact that theres a clear absence of any legitimate feelings that guide his reads imo. all his reads and stances are just 'it could be this. but, it could be that.' and leaving it there. just go on his profile, go to his posts and read through them all if you want to see for yourself.
like, to have moments where theres no feeling is reasonable, but my point is theres a lack of moments where there are feelings, and i cant show that by just posting a few posts where its lacking since the possibility of him having those feelings elsewhere is real - you need to read all his posts to agree with me.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
theres a post i made in a bit more detail about why i think thats happening that you might find interesting though:
I just don't see it tho and I really don't think there's enough to go off for a lynch this important. Maybe tomorrow (although that's reserved for you <3) or the day after but not today.

Besides you were fairly quick to dismiss my vibes on you, considering the "your posts were too wordy to say too little" was literally what you were doing. Plus you actively contributed to muddying the waters and confusing the town.

I'll go back and reread all of hk's posts but I still think you or TWG would be preferable.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I just don't see it tho and I really don't think there's enough to go off for a lynch this important. Maybe tomorrow (although that's reserved for you <3) or the day after but not today.
you have nothing on TWG at all aside from 'hes quiet today' yet youre fine voting for him

Besides you were fairly quick to dismiss my vibes on you, considering the "your posts were too wordy to say too little" was literally what you were doing.
wat?

Plus you actively contributed to muddying the waters and confusing the town.
doesnt mean i did it on purpose.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
yeah today when theres 24 hours left after i wrote my reads list. before that, all day youve not really done much poking/questioning at people. ive saw no attempt at trying to get into peoples mindsets or anything.
its been mostly you and aqua going at it, with the rest being mia a lot, so again thats not fair. sure i could have pinged them more to get a discussion going, but at the end of the day, they gotta put in the effort aswell. hard pressuring players is just not my play style, im not you or mars. i tried to put some questions in here and there, and I drew my conclusions from things that took place