The Bastard Game: Day 5

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well tbh my explanation to this is (saved it on a document to reveal later but since unu is just saying that he can't remember and not going into more detail I guess I'll provide a potential explanation):

I mean with the unu list I think I kinda assumed the order was just made by him looking at list of names and writing down ones from memory in one go at first, but then it got hard to do so he just copied it one by one

- short term memory -

Iggish, Inf, Vat, Aqua

- list -

Aqua, Iggish, Inf, Vat

- short term memory -

Notty, TWG, Unu, Oog, hip

- list -

Oog, hip, notty, twg, unu

- bored of remembering so I'll just copy it 1:1 from now on -

But I guess it could mean something, although I don't know what
that seems reasonable I guess
It is a bit strange how the names are consistent with the bottom of the list, but that could have been easily fixed after the copy-paste
I seemed to remember for some reason that the list was in reverse order for the first half which would look a lot more incriminating, but it isn't so...

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Like, the names are in groups of 4/5 at first but in the wrong order, so it'd make sense that it's the work of short term memory since average short term memory can only hold up to 7 items (wow psychology class!)
I dont appreciate you insulting Unu like that >=(

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Nottykitten Infected_alien8_ comment on iggish; p.sure he's scum all his recent posts make no real sense and he's just completely contradicted himself because I called him out on it.

thank.
No, he changed his mind in that same post and then pointed out the contradiction himself so I think it was probably just a brain fart.

Ok, I'm caught up. That was both tedious and interesting at the same time.

I don't know why people are saying Inf's theory is shit. I think it's perfectly reasonable, considering this is a bastard game.
Since the "chain" goes like "Aqua - Danni - OneOneTwo", if we lynch Danni, OneOneTwo could die and I townread him at the moment. We could lynch Aqua to try and get Danni but that could kill Aqua instead. I would be more in favour of lynching Aqua then Danni. This would give us the info we need about if the name killing chain is actually a thing without the risk of killing OneOneTwo (who I think is town). On the other hand, Aqua seems to really want protection so maybe we should just back off for the moment.
Eh, I think I might have conflicted myself a little in the previous post and it could confuse some people. While I think OneOneTwo is town and it would be preferable not to risk killing him, I think it would be worth the risk and the potential "sacrifice" to prove the chain theory. If the chain theory is wrong then only Danni dies and no harm done (no offence danni).

So IMO the two options we realistically have are Aqua and Danni. If we lynch Aqua we have a chance at killing Aqua or Danni and if we lynch Danni, we have a chance at killing Danni or OneOneTwo. This is a difficult choice to make for me anyway because you have to weigh up the risks. Aqua's eagerness for protection could give away a PR while I town-read OneOneTwo.

Listening to my gut, I think risking lynching Aqua could be a big no-no so I'm tentatively going to vote Danni. Sorry if you get killed OneOneTwo but IMO we need this information and I don't want to risk killing Aqua. Hopefully the chain theory is wrong and Danni just dies harmlessly.

Vote Danni

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I don't care what my alignment was on this fake list.
Unusual is laughing a lot now.
If you don't care why are you so focused on it? Pretty sure like 90% of your energy this game has gone towards persuading us the list is wrong. Seems a bit desperate.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Aqua you are genuinely angering me for being suck a dick this game and nobody wants to play with someone who constantly insults everyone so can you just stop
Like, the names are in groups of 4/5 at first but in the wrong order, so it'd make sense that it's the work of short term memory since average short term memory can only hold up to 7 items (wow psychology class!)

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
No, he changed his mind in that same post and then pointed out the contradiction himself so I think it was probably just a brain fart.
I mean maybe his phrasing was bad but that reads aqua lynch is best I have determined this from weighing up possibly killing danni but also aqua wanting to be protected

I'm still p.susp

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
- short term memory -

Iggish, Inf, Vat, Aqua

- list -

Aqua, Iggish, Inf, Vat

- short term memory -

Notty, TWG, Unu, Oog, hip

- list -

Oog, hip, notty, twg, unu

- bored of remembering so I'll just copy it 1:1 from now on -

But I guess it could mean something, although I don't know what
This would be a decent theory except he wasn't remembering names in bulks because he wrote out full names. Theres no way he wrote 'infected_alien8_' all out of his own memory and I doubt he just made partial names from memory like you said and then went back to the player list to actually get your full names. That seems terribly improbable to be anyones thought process, considering he wrote full names it seems more likely he either directly copied it while looking at a player list or copy+pasted it.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
This would be a decent theory except he wasn't remembering names in bulks because he wrote out full names. Theres no way he wrote 'infected_alien8_' all out of his own memory and I doubt he just made partial names from memory like you said and then went back to the player list to actually get your full names. That seems terribly improbable to be anyones thought process, considering he wrote full names it seems more likely he either directly copied it while looking at a player list or copy+pasted it.
That just moves the problem to someone else (presumably Ender) where the same logic applies though.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I mean I can remember infs name, I think it's more the fact he wouldn't write it out in full because who in their right mind would :zzz:

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Idk, when I do votecounts I write full names from memory. And going by #psychology class, if he was remembering full names as opposed to just shortened easy versions of them, that would explain why he could only remember 4/5 not 7 too.