The Bastard Game: Day 5

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
this is stupid because i'm pretty sure everything has been outlined already but if you want it repeated it's pretty simple
Yes in seperate posts mostly by Inf, I'd rather have it said by you so thanks for that.

so basically your sanity is a tossup and you scumread me?
Are you saying I should ignore my cop report and just pretend I am a happy vanilla towny?

If we're gonna play the what if you're bastarded game let me ask your fake claim how you can even supposedly know if what ender tells you about their lying is true or not, your sanity is as much of a tossup as mine and if the town is going to take my cop report with a grain of salt they shouldn't take your lie detector reports with any more merit.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I had to read it 5 times before I finally understood what you mean so alright I'll give you that, I thought you were saying you made the softclaiming extremely obvious.

With the information that you're guilty theres 3 things I could see going on here:
1) I'm like some sort of crazy bastard cop but saying I am has as much merit to it as saying I'm not, and I'd rather believe the part where I'm sane and I guess you can call that naïve but I have a guilty report and I plan to act on it instead of ignore it.
2) You and Inf made this inn nonsense up and are both Mafia!
3) You are Mafia but Inf isn't, meaning the inn has the be real since Inf wouldn't randomly come up with an inn thing would he? That means Inf and dess were in a real inn and you're the innkeeper who invited them and as Mafia this is for Mafia purposes (it might of even been your idea to name it the lie detector inn and try and trick them into stuff). I'd like Infected_alien8_ to tell me exactly what he knows about the inn from ender, and nothing else about what jivvi or dess may have told them about it. And I'd also like to know what exactly went down in this inn and this time clearly without and white lies please.
PARAPHRASED LIE DETECTOR CHAT

[Night 1] The Lie Detector
Ender: welcome, u can talk here
inf: hello
<silence for like a day>

jivvi: hi so this is the lie detector, im the town interrogator, i chose oog/<insert my role> but you guys joined instead which confirms the mechanic works on actions so bear that in mind. the way the lie detector works is <bla bla bla claims role>, now tell me info and if i die tonight the other of you should be suspicious that the other person is anti-town, lied and killed me to silence me
inf: <claims>
dess: <claims third party>
inf: wow dess care to go into detail? if its harmless we wont push on you tomorrow <3
dess: it wont harm me claiming anyway since im neutral so <insert role description that u all know about>
jivvi: ok thanks. if ur not lying ill see u tomorrow
inf: may we let others know about this chat tomorrow
jivvi: yes just obviously dont tell them about me being the interrogator.
inf: ok
inf: night is taking ages wow lets share suspicions, im sus of arelic/ltin/oneonetwo, you guys?
dess: sus of ltin, not sure about one one two, also a bit sus of notty
-night ends-

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Are you saying I should ignore my cop report and just pretend I am a happy vanilla towny?
no, i'm saying you should verify your sanity before pushing for lynches that everyone will regret.
If we're gonna play the what if you're bastarded game let me ask your fake claim how you can even supposedly know if what ender tells you about their lying is true or not, your sanity is as much of a tossup as mine and if the town is going to take my cop report with a grain of salt they shouldn't take your lie detector reports with any more merit.
ok now THIS is a strawman. there is a world of difference between ender blatantly lying to me in role pms in direct contradiction of my assigned role, and you (a cop) having an extremely common trait/modifier.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
PARAPHRASED LIE DETECTOR CHAT

[Night 1] The Lie Detector
Ender: welcome, u can talk here
inf: hello
<silence for like a day>

jivvi: hi so this is the lie detector, im the town interrogator, i chose oog/<insert my role> but you guys joined instead which confirms the mechanic works on actions so bear that in mind. the way the lie detector works is <bla bla bla claims role>, now tell me info and if i die tonight the other of you should be suspicious that the other person is anti-town, lied and killed me to silence me
dess: <claims third party>
inf: wow dess care to go into detail? if its harmless we wont push on you tomorrow <3
dess: it wont harm me claiming anyway since im neutral so <insert role description that u all know about>
jivvi: ok thanks. if ur not lying ill see u tomorrow
inf: may we let others know about this chat tomorrow
jivvi: yes just obviously dont tell them about me being the interrogator.
inf: ok
inf: night is taking ages wow lets share suspicions, im sus of arelic/ltin/oneonetwo, you guys?
dess: sus of ltin, not sure about one one two, also a bit sus of notty
-night ends-
Thank you, I wanted to know what you actually knew about the inn but it seems Ender told you nothing and all you know or think you know about the inn is Jivvi's claim.

ok now THIS is a strawman. there is a world of difference between ender blatantly lying to me in role pms in direct contradiction of my assigned role, and you (a cop) having an extremely common trait/modifier.
???? It's not in direct contradiction to your 'assigned role' it's litterally just giving you false positives/negatives just like I would get with my modifier if I had one theres nothing special or weird about that. If you don't see that you're being a hypocrite

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
???? It's not in direct contradiction to your 'assigned role' it's litterally just giving you false positives/negatives just like I would get with my modifier if I had one theres nothing special or weird about that. If you don't see that you're being a hypocrite
i'm not a hypocrite? i refuse to believe someone who has played as much mafia as you have is unfamiliar with insane/confused/paranoid/lazy /etc cops. it's an entirely different thing. results being affected by a consistent modifier/direct communication between player and host being deceptive
worth noting that you claimed your alignment but not your role, thus my bewilderment when you claimed today

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
i'm not a hypocrite? i refuse to believe someone who has played as much mafia as you have is unfamiliar with insane/confused/paranoid/lazy /etc cops. it's an entirely different thing. results being affected by a consistent modifier/direct communication between player and host being deceptive

worth noting that you claimed your alignment but not your role, thus my bewilderment when you claimed today
well the reason I didnt claim my role was because I didnt see how it was needed, you never explicitly asked for it and I thought dess was maybe anti-town

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score

Its not that hard a concept to grasp.

Heres me:
I ask for someones alignment -> Ender looks at my modifier to decide what result I get -> I get the (possibly)modified result\

Heres you:
Someone(Inf) claims an alignment -> Ender looks at modifier to decide whether to tell you or not -> you get a message

The only difference here is that you don't get a message in several outcomes

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
o
Alright mr leader of the town
h man here we go this is the biggest meme of the game although perhaps only due to aqua's absence
If it's not 'let's follow the cop report' then what do you propose we do now?
man i dunno maybe question both investigative roleclaims and make a rational judgement instead of blindly following a rogue cop claim in a bastard setup
Heres me:
I ask for someones alignment -> Ender looks at my modifier to decide what result I get -> I get the (possibly)modified result\

Heres you:
Someone(Inf) claims an alignment -> Ender looks at modifier to decide whether to tell you or not -> you get a message

The only difference here is that you don't get a message in several outcomes
so you're saying inf is mafia? this is in contradiction to pretty much all you've said about him thus far.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
also worth noting i'm not using my "maybe tampered" lie detection to push for a lynch, i'm using the fact that notty has come out of the woodwork pushing for a lynch on an important town pr

Is seriously noone else suspicious of Vatumok
where's the suspicion coming from? i haven't really seen him post much and nobody's brought up the stuff they're suspicious of him for yet

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Yes in seperate posts mostly by Inf, I'd rather have it said by you so thanks for that.

If it was a different role then maybe I'd agree to lynching them to test your sanity/assume you're sane but this is a hefty role we're risking, if it's true (which I think it is)

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
I agree with notty, the fact that Jivvi is the one that told inffy and dess about the inn, weakens his claim.

also i want to point something out:
WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP WANTING TO LYNCH EOPLE EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE NEAR NO INFORMATION ON WHO ANYONE'S FLAVOUR NAME IS?!?

there is more people doing it, but specifically inffy is triggering me with wanting to lynch real vatu:
Is seriously noone else suspicious of Vatumok
alright lets lynch vatumok. oh wait we dont know what his flavour name is. vatu would you mind telling us your flavour name so we can lynch you? how does anyone think this is gonna work?

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
so you're saying inf is mafia? this is in contradiction to pretty much all you've said about him thus far.
I didn't say that though but thanks for asking.

also worth noting i'm not using my "maybe tampered" lie detection to push for a lynch, i'm using the fact that notty has come out of the woodwork pushing for a lynch on an important town pr
I dont view you as important at all but im biased so what do I know

man i dunno maybe question both investigative roleclaims and make a rational judgement instead of blindly following a rogue cop claim in a bastard setup
haHAA yes great idea when do we start.

My hypothesis of this rational judgement is that it will at all come down to people guessing whether I'm bastarded or not but since there is 0 evidence of either they'll decide to not lynch neither of us as it's 'too risky' and instead we pond off for new directions where we might just instead go with Inf's Vat VIBES which are much more likely to be wrong than expecting a cop report to be wrong but I guess I'm biased since It's my report

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I agree with notty, the fact that Jivvi is the one that told inffy and dess about the inn, weakens his claim.

also i want to point something out:
WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP WANTING TO LYNCH EOPLE EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE NEAR NO INFORMATION ON WHO ANYONE'S FLAVOUR NAME IS?!?

there is more people doing it, but specifically inffy is triggering me with wanting to lynch real vatu:

alright lets lynch vatumok. oh wait we dont know what his flavour name is. vatu would you mind telling us your flavour name so we can lynch you? how does anyone think this is gonna work?
So because we don't know anyone's real names, we're not allowed to throw suspicion on people/ask if anyone else is suspicious of people?

Besides mass claiming is always an option