They Are Among Us [Game Complete!]

Good Skele

Reaction score
This is the most chaotic, yet smallest game I've ever seen...
Have to start off that Fog v Inffy felt really Town v Town to me, mostly because both seem to be more chaotic as mafia (although I've seen Fog play as mafia in discord, not here).
For today I'd put up Unu because what I've just read confuses me badly. It looked like a panicky, but good attempt to survive.
In short:
Mars - Town
HK - Neutral
Pairjax - Neutral/Mafia
Inffy - Town/Neutral
Tim - Town
TWG - Neutral/Mafia
Sessy - Neutral/Mafia
Unu - Mafia
Obviously after the lynch my reads will change, depending on the flip.
Most of my reads are based on what I feel about what I've read and also experience with other players, although problem is that it was mostly not really on Forum, but I think there isn't much of a difference in behavior of people just because of that. Other are vibes.

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Apologies for not being here all day - I’ve been really busy with work related stuff and my internet has been up and down like a yo-yo.

I haven’t really been able to sit and read the pages of theorising and the many paragraphs that have been posted so that’s why I’m not entirely up to date with all of the current things going on.

Sessy - Sessy hasn't really given me anything readable outside of potential ties to UNU. She didn't put up a vote yesterday which I obviously don't like. But honestly, reluctance for any sort of lynch is something I'd kind of expect from her.
I don’t understand why not voting is particularly scummy? Surely if I pushed for a vote then that would mean I was mafia since mafia want town to be lynched? There are only 2 reasons I didn’t vote because: 1) I fell asleep before the deadline 2) I didn’t want to bandwagon especially since I didn’t particularly think they were mafia...

I have no ties to Unu, the only ‘tie’ being that he visited me last night. We are not teamed whatsoever.

I am town, a boring old townie with no night abilities. I can item claim if you want me to but they’re both pretty insignificant.

Inf seems particularly adamant to just push people into the spotlight and get them lynched (from the few sentences I’ve read lmao). Though I haven’t been able to read all of the massive paragraphs (nothing against you in any way, just my inability to read lmao.) so I’m just basing my opinion of some short snippets.

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I’m suspicious of Inf because he seems to be picking through every little word in every post with a fine-tooth comb. I know massive paragraphs and penta-posts are kinda Inf’s thing but at the same time the over-analytical behaviour of every little tiny error made by someone just screams mafia to me. He’s almost trying to make people trip up so he can get the town on his side and lynch people easier. Also agreeing with people so easily is almost like he’s trying to get on our good side.

I’m still really unsure about Unu, the fact that he shows up as a Sheriff role at night kinda says town to me but then why did he visit me?

are we allowed to discuss what was said in the conversation last night?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I don’t understand why not voting is particularly scummy? Surely if I pushed for a vote then that would mean I was mafia since mafia want town to be lynched? There are only 2 reasons I didn’t vote because: 1) I fell asleep before the deadline 2) I didn’t want to bandwagon especially since I didn’t particularly think they were mafia...

I have no ties to Unu, the only ‘tie’ being that he visited me last night. We are not teamed whatsoever.
I didn't say it necessarily made you scummy, I said obviously don't like it. But don't forget that town want mafia to get lynched. It's not as though "you want to lynch someone? You're mafia because you want town dead!"
But the way you phrased that "If I pushed for a vote that'd make me mafia since mafia want town lynched"....That makes it sound like you knew that all of the lynch targets yesterday were town...I overlooked the "didn't we already kill off the cop?" 'slip' as poor word choice, but this seems a bit more like you've accidentally let on that you know something

And yes, unu visiting you and you corroborating his claim are the ties I was referring to.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
TWG - neutral. If UNU is scum, TWG is gonna become a slight-to-moderate scumread, because his push on UNU still gives me bus feels (or at least, i get the impression he knows more than hes letting on) as soon as I start to imagine UNU being scum. But he'd only be slight-moderate scum, not strong-scum, because there was a post he made today which actually felt pretty townie, when he, for the second time, said he was mad at me for taking his items, and talked about me from a third person perspective. I dunno why it felt townie but it did. Also tim's read makes me doubt it as well. If UNU is town then I'm probably like, neutral or slight-moderate town on TWG.
So his items have not indicated to you his alignment?

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
But the way you phrased that "If I pushed for a vote that'd make me mafia since mafia want town lynched"....That makes it sound like you knew that all of the lynch targets yesterday were town...I overlooked the "didn't we already kill off the cop?" 'slip' as poor word choice, but this seems a bit more like you've accidentally let on that you know something

My ‘instinct’ was that Fog was town, nothing about them screamed mafia to me and I don’t really like to bandwagon on people. Hence my suspicion of Inf, he was adamant that Fog was mafia when there was nothing really scummy about them in my opinion.

I meant “kill off the cop” as in Mafia killing the cop not town directly. Just a general ‘well the cop’s dead’ and I can’t remember if Erik was cop or doctor...

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
My ‘instinct’ was that Fog was town, nothing about them screamed mafia to me and I don’t really like to bandwagon on people. Hence my suspicion of Inf, he was adamant that Fog was mafia when there was nothing really scummy about them in my opinion.
Then why didn't you vote for inf?
I meant “kill off the cop” as in Mafia killing the cop not town directly. Just a general ‘well the cop’s dead’ and I can’t remember if Erik was cop or doctor...
Erik was both. And like I said, I wrote that off as poor word choice.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Apologies for not being here all day - I’ve been really busy with work related stuff and my internet has been up and down like a yo-yo.

I haven’t really been able to sit and read the pages of theorising and the many paragraphs that have been posted so that’s why I’m not entirely up to date with all of the current things going on.

I am town, a boring old townie with no night abilities. I can item claim if you want me to but they’re both pretty insignificant.

Inf seems particularly adamant to just push people into the spotlight and get them lynched (from the few sentences I’ve read lmao). Though I haven’t been able to read all of the massive paragraphs (nothing against you in any way, just my inability to read lmao.) so I’m just basing my opinion of some short snippets.
can you confirm whether your items fall under any of these descriptions? don't say exactly which item you have though, in case mafia can do something bad if they know the exact name of items (e.g. steal them):

Anyways, I'd like to know if anyone out there has one of the following items. They've been paraphrased/riddled just in case maf has a role which can take things from you if they know exactly what they are or something:

Item 1: My eye has the first word. The second word is a tool.

Item 2: With this, I can keep my food cool and my hair dry!

Item 3: It's light, and it's hot, and I have one on my desk actually.

Reason I'm asking should hopefully be obvious. TWG can confirm it isn't malicious
I’m suspicious of Inf because he seems to be picking through every little word in every post with a fine-tooth comb. I know massive paragraphs and penta-posts are kinda Inf’s thing but at the same time the over-analytical behaviour of every little tiny error made by someone just screams mafia to me. He’s almost trying to make people trip up so he can get the town on his side and lynch people easier. Also agreeing with people so easily is almost like he’s trying to get on our good side.

I’m still really unsure about Unu, the fact that he shows up as a Sheriff role at night kinda says town to me but then why did he visit me?

are we allowed to discuss what was said in the conversation last night?
I know you say you haven't read much but honestly I don't think this describes what I've been doing at all really. I've been analysing people yeah but I don't think I've been like, picking out word choices or pushing on people for tiny errors. If anything I've been massively forgiving to people who have made errors this game (e.g. erik with his word choice at the start, UNU with this all mess).

Also I don't think I've agreed with anyone easily? I've townread tim and mars easily though. Well mars I went back on temporarily, it's moreso tim that I'd say I easily townread

and I assume you're allowed to discuss what happened in the conversation yeah, but you should ask stranger/alisha just in case probably? you might have to paraphrase, dunno

So his items have not indicated to you his alignment?
not really no, I could see both alignments starting the game with it. TWG's behaviour at the start of the game, in spite of starting with said item, is arguably fairly suspicious, but not necessarily damning, and I can see why he'd behave as he did as a townie as well. so it's mostly inconclusive

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
not really no, I could see both alignments starting the game with it. TWG's behaviour at the start of the game, in spite of starting with said item, is arguably fairly suspicious, but not necessarily damning, and I can see why he'd behave as he did as a townie as well. so it's mostly inconclusive
Can you remind me of what his behavior was? I don't recall anything suspicious from him.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
also I'd appreciate it if people would respond to my item thing asap since we're kinda running out of days (ik some people are waiting on TheWeakGuy48_ to confirm that the item isnt malicious)

everyone should respond even if it's a 'no', after TWG has confirmed it if you're waiting for that

after all people have responded we may need to massclaim items so we should really be getting this discussion going sooner rather than later

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
to clarify, since idk if I worded the 'in spite of' thing correctly, I'm saying that, given TWG started with this item, the behaviour I observed is a bit eyebrow raising (as in, the behaviour I would've probably expected to see from him was completely absent), though I can think of reasons why he'd have it absent as town so it's not hugely informative of his alignment, just depends on what his thought process was. but like i said, i'd probably expect to see that behaviour, and he didnt behave in that way at all, so its like ?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
to clarify, since idk if I worded the 'in spite of' thing correctly, I'm saying that, given TWG started with this item, the behaviour I observed is a bit eyebrow raising (as in, the behaviour I would've probably expected to see from him was completely absent), though I can think of reasons why he'd have it absent as town so it's not hugely informative of his alignment, just depends on what his thought process was. but like i said, i'd probably expect to see that behaviour, and he didnt behave in that way at all, so its like ?
I sorely miss the days of being able to search and see all of a person's posts. So I'll look back over day 0 and get back to you.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
So assume that I know what this item is, explain to me what you would've expected to see versus what you saw.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
So assume that I know what this item is, explain to me what you would've expected to see versus what you saw.
well like i said it's not like i'd have fully expected it, I can see value in not doing it, it's just something I kinda think TWG would've probably (and by probably i mean like, 65% chance kinda, to my mind) as town

and that thing is, trying to get people to out their items, or trying to start an in depth discussion about whether item claiming is a good idea or not, or suggesting people should give out items to people they trust in case they need that item

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
well like i said it's not like i'd have fully expected it, I can see value in not doing it, it's just something I kinda think TWG would've probably (and by probably i mean like, 65% chance kinda, to my mind) as town

and that thing is, trying to get people to out their items, or trying to start an in depth discussion about whether item claiming is a good idea or not, or suggesting people should give out items to people they trust in case they need that item
Would you say that it's possible he didn't because he saw that that's the direction I was going and people weren't all that willing to go along with it?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Would you say that it's possible he didn't because he saw that that's the direction I was going and people weren't all that willing to go along with it?
possible, but I'd argue TWG would've likely (again like 65%) started the pitching of ideas of how we can communicate items himself

his post about his items only described what his were vaguely, not suggesting ideas or opening up discussion around the pros and cons of mass claiming items, that I'd kinda expect him to (again, kinda, not fully). TWG is someone i'd expect to want other people's opinions to help find whether an idea is good or not. starting with this item, id kinda expect his first idea to be mass claiming items, and be bringing up that as a discussion point himself, but he didnt do anything like that, the first time he mentioned anything relating to communicating items was after hed already made a few posts, and it was just saying he wouldnt mind following erik's idea, of saying what items we need but in a vague way.

but i can think of a reason why he ended up behaving like this as town so its not like i think hes definitely scummy because of it, its just kinda ? want to keep my eye on him, that sort of thing

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
i feel like i didnt properly address your question sorry im playing apex so was kinda rushing to answer, but basically:

yeah i think its possible he saw that you suggested item claiming stuff and saw people werent interested and gave up, but he made posts around the time items were first being mentioned, when nobody had properly discussed mass claiming items yet and he didnt bring it up as a discussion point himself, and thats whats concerning me, since i feel like he'd probably ask 'what does everyone think about mass claiming items' at that time

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
i feel like i didnt properly address your question sorry im playing apex so was kinda rushing to answer, but basically:

yeah i think its possible he saw that you suggested item claiming stuff and saw people werent interested and gave up, but he made posts around the time items were first being mentioned, when nobody had properly discussed mass claiming items yet and he didnt bring it up as a discussion point himself, and thats whats concerning me, since i feel like he'd probably ask 'what does everyone think about mass claiming items' at that time
I can sort of see where you're coming from there, but thinking about the game in a more objective sense, does it make sense for a mafia member to start with that item?