OOC Remnants of the Elements Discussion

Faliara

Reaction score
Josef and Nora will officially be in Vikkarim.

Due to the smallness of this region, not counting the City of Ghosts, there are only three villages, one of them having an anti-magic group roaming around. I'll be calling them Falexis, Jiminar and Sarena, Falexis being the one with the antimagic group. Jiminar is the one by the coast, where you can see the Eclipse, and the one where Josef and Nora reside in. And Sarena is more closer to the City of Ghosts.

I dunno, nothing too bad has happened between the three villages, but with that particular anti-magic group's nature, it could end up taking over Falexis entirely and try to annihilate the other two villages to try to rid them of magic. Jiminar and Sarena could end up allying to fight a war.

There it is. Vikkarim's culture confirmed. Any objections?

Faliara

Reaction score
um what even is the eclipse having to do with anything

also why are there wing people now, i don't think anyone actually agreed to that
Well, whether you can see it from the coast or not determines the size of Arun. And no one really disagreed, either, so I say we just go with it.

Also, the Eclipse is actually pretty big on its own, too, so I'd say the fact that it looks like a pinprick from the coast says something too.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
And no one really disagreed, either, so I say we just go with it.
okay dokay but you cant just say theres a new species without giving a backstory about it

• where do they live
  • what got them friendly with marisa
  • how common are they? what do they eat?
  • marisa does not seem surprised to meet flight
  • why is flight avis now we already have an avis as fire
  • where are their wings? backs exclusively?
  • how does having wings affect politics/warfare/dress/attitude
  • what got them wings in the first place
  • don't alouette/airis have like 6 wings??? does every harpy have six wings???
  • calling the wing people harpies now
  • due to the similarity to catcocomics wouldn't they have like a statue of him or remember him fondly in some way
  • is catco involved in their history that would be cool

Faliara

Reaction score
okay dokay but you cant just say theres a new species without giving a backstory about it

• where do they live
  • what got them friendly with marisa
  • how common are they? what do they eat?
  • marisa does not seem surprised to meet flight
  • why is flight avis now we already have an avis as fire
  • where are their wings? backs exclusively?
  • how does having wings affect politics/warfare/dress/attitude
  • what got them wings in the first place
  • don't alouette/airis have like 6 wings??? does every harpy have six wings???
  • calling the wing people harpies now
  • due to the similarity to catcocomics wouldn't they have like a statue of him or remember him fondly in some way
  • is catco involved in their history that would be cool
... We make it up as we go along?

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also, the Eclipse is actually pretty big on its own, too, so I'd say the fact that it looks like a pinprick from the coast says something too.
That's not how horizon works, though. You can only see as far as the planet hasn't curved enough yet (sorry if that sentence made no sense, I'd have a hard time understanding it myself if I didn't know what I was saying but that's the best I can say it). On Earth standing on the ground and assuming the ground is with the same height as the rest of the ground around it, the distance from you and the horizon would only be 3 miles, not counting for refraction because I don't completely need a mindfuck atm. The higher you get, the farther you see, but still, the distance between mainland Arun and Eclipse on the map makes it pretty clear that unless you're very high up, you can't see it unless either a) Arun is really small or b) Gaia is really big.

Last edited:

Naoh

Scott Pilgrim
Reaction score
That's not how horizon works, though. You can only see as far as the planet hasn't curved enough yet (sorry if that sentence made no sense, I'd have a hard time understanding it myself if I didn't know what I was saying but that's the best I can say it). On Earth standing on the ground and assuming the ground is with the same height as the rest of the ground around it, the distance from you and the horizon would only be 3 miles, not counting for refraction because I don't completely need a mindfuck atm. The higher you get, the farther you see, but still, the distance between mainland Arun and Eclipse on the map makes it pretty clear that unless you're very high up, you can't see it if either a) Arun is really small or b) Gaia is really big.
Educational and awesome at the same time. How do you do it Ender? :p

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
Hunter have fun

where do they live
Everywhere/possibly homogeneous groups on mountaintops and other high places

what got them friendly with marisa
Note what was said on the topic of their clothes- "at least according to her tutor." She knows of them and may know a few, but certainly can't speak for all of them; she's also excessively friendly, rather reckless, and quite airheaded, which contributes to her reaction.

how common are they? what do they eat?
As common as Ross's water people I suppose; normal human food, which of course varies depending on location

marisa does not seem surprised to meet flight
Yes, I already commented on the factors in her own personality; she's been taught about all of the mutated types of people so that as well is a contributing factor

why is flight avis now we already have an avis as fire
Fire's name is Topaz. I'm only referring to Alouette as Avis until she is revealed as a Guardian- which is at a time to be determined.

where are their wings? backs exclusively?
Yes, unless Ansoro2112/Faliara think differently I guess

how does having wings affect politics/warfare/dress/attitude
They tend to care more about air space, the environment, and animal care I suppose, which is all basically irrelevant thanks to the time period. I'm not well-versed on medieval politics.
they tend towards offensive and/or scout positions because they have the advantage of a view/approach from the air
clothing tends to have no/a rather low back, or at very least wide, appropriately placed gaps/slits
Attitude depends on the person. There are naturally some that consider themselves a superior race, some that consider themselves just normal people, etc, etc.

what got them wings in the first place
They evolved to be more similar to their 'patron Guardians' due to the fact that they already had flight/wind powers and likely needed a failsafe in case they exhausted their powers

don't alouette/airis have like 6 wings??? does every harpy have six wings??
Airis and no

calling the wing people harpies now
Ok I guess unless we'd rather them be called sylphs, @anso/fali again; Timdood3 are we calling yours merpeople

due to the similarity to catcocomics wouldn't they have like a statue of him or remember him fondly in some way
They aren't? They're similar to Alouette and Airis who are only similar to Catco because he has wings, but he doesn't even have them all the time iirc

is catco involved in their history that would be cool
Catcocomics