Status
Not open for further replies.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount #8
About 8 hours until the deadline.
Boooo - 1 (Jacethegray) [L-7]
Stranger from Planet 9 - 5 (MarsKid, Mischief, Mooglie, Infected Alien8_, Nottykitten) [L-3]
Mischief - 3 (Stranger from Planet 9, PokeSvorlds, Boooo) [L-5]
PokeSvorlds - 1 (hipmeow) [L-7]

With 15 Players alive it will take 8 votes to lynch and 8 to no-lynch.

A deadline has been set. 4 PM UTC Sunday, 10/6.
If no majority has been reached by the deadline, the player will the most votes will be lynched, with ties being decided randomly.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm seeking clarification of something I'm confused about which involves me directly. There's nothing wrong with that.
Context matters; a lot of discussion happened between your posts and that is the first element you focus on. It doesn't focus on a player and brings conversation back to a more minor detail.

Considering what kind of reads/assumptions you could have made, making that your only contribution sticks out like a sore thumb. I don't get any stances from you. Deadline approaches and you've yet to vote, where do you want this day to go?

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
There has been reasoning on Stranger from multiple players so that reads as dismissing suspicion on a teammate. Bad look.
Im not dismissing anything. All i know is that inffy seemed to think stranger is scum, but to me to that could also be inffy as scum or inffy tunnelvisioning in the way its going down. Have to admit this pizza stuff is weird, but i could see stranger telling the truth for all i know.

Considering what kind of reads/assumptions you could have made, making that your only contribution sticks out like a sore thumb. I don't get any stances from you. Deadline approaches and you've yet to vote, where do you want this day to go?
Seems to me you are going after players who still have doubts regarding stranger. Its vibing off to me quite a bit.

Its tough, because as things stand rn the lynch seems to be between stranger, a lynch i dont feel comfortable with too much, and mis, which i feel could be helpful to town. Then again if i have chose between a possible town blocker and a 3p, i have to chose to join the 3p lynch.

If anyone else comes up whose a better choice id be up for it, but i doubt it at this point.

Sorry mis, just dont feel like we should lynch stranger
vote mis [\B]

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Im not dismissing anything. All i know is that inffy seemed to think stranger is scum, but to me to that could also be inffy as scum or inffy tunnelvisioning in the way its going down. Have to admit this pizza stuff is weird, but i could see stranger telling the truth for all i know.
But I'm not talking about just Infy. I suspect Stranger as well. Interesting you hone in on Infy here.

Seems to me you are going after players who still have doubts regarding stranger. Its vibing off to me quite a bit.
This only works if you ignore my Poke/Mis suspicions and the Notty tunnel fun time. Either you genuinely missed those or you're sweeping them off to prep a push on me.

Its tough, because as things stand rn the lynch seems to be between stranger, a lynch i dont feel comfortable with too much, and mis, which i feel could be helpful to town. Then again if i have chose between a possible town blocker and a 3p, i have to chose to join the 3p lynch.

If anyone else comes up whose a better choice id be up for it, but i doubt it at this point.

Sorry mis, just dont feel like we should lynch stranger
vote mis [\B]
There's no good argument to counter because Mis is most likely 3P here; scum motivation for their play is nonexistent outside of probably the weirdest WIFOM gambit. The issue is precisely that of it being a lynch of convenience; it removes a threat undoubtedly, but all votes on Mis become meaningless in a 3P flip because both maf/town are invested in their death. It boils down to trying to read who started the lynch, when people joined, why they joined, etc.

If Mis = 3P, barring a scumslip they die here every time. It's just not as immediately useful, hence the trepidation.

PokeSvorlds

Reaction score
Yes I have. I feel like Boooo is playing pretty similarly to how she plays on LCN, that is playing erratically like shes only skimmed instead of backreading fully. So I dont think she's necessarily making shit up, but I disagree with her comment that I'm just echoing what everyone el
i mean i would think this could potentially be true if she didnt back up everything she says. i've given her evidence straight up that she's wrong several times and she's completely ignored it or claimed i was twisting her words, or whatever, and kept pushing whatever she was saying

Im gonna post soon promise!
?

Like I would only hold a grudge if I die for other games. As in I would not trust my role with town as third party anymore as a learning experience.
can you stop trying to use other games as leverage for this one.

honestly just confused at this point. i don't think it's "unbelievable" that stranger didnt bring up the pizza for 2 days cause there's possibilities other than ltin lying and i can see them dismissing it for a later time with more info (if they died it would be obvious who they visited n1 anyways)
idk about the pm mechanics but i dont think im supposed to think about them either
Ltin hasn't actually confirmed they were roleblocked though which is weird. i mean either they didn't visit last night or they just havent brought up that fact, but hmst
misreading your entire role is apparently either an easy excuse or a common theme this game and i can't tell anymore which it is
but i still don't like the stranger wagon, and probably as either mafia or town stranger probably made most of those mistakes accidentally since mafia!stranger is just claiming their role as town and do you know how low of a chance theyre mafia rb'r twice in a row is

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
If you are lucky, I may end up helping you in fact.
Just a reminder about this lovely quote in relation to whether to help town or not. As others have pointed out, we don't know if they're lying about their win condition, and could easily sabotage us in the later stages of the game. (e.g. voting with Mafia to lynch/no lynch in order to force a win). Having said that, is it conceivable that they could end up helping town? Definitely. I just kinda feel like its too much of a risk especially considering its a (almost) guaranteed 3p kill vs we don't really know.

WILD THEORY HERE THOUGH
What if stranger is actually a 3p joker role!! and just has to be lynched in order to win?? (unless thats like a super uncommon role idk)

Anyway, I'll do my list of reads (don't put much weight on them mind you):

Ender: Probably town, not really too much to go on but to me he doesn't come off the same way as last game where he felt quite scummy to me
Moog: Kinda just joking around most of the time it seems. Then again, that seems fairly normal, although does feel like he votes randomly more than usual. Could be 3p but not really sure
Ltin: Feels kinda scummy at times. The whole pizza thing could be him just denying everything and trying to put suspicion onto stranger to get a free lynch. Maybe mafia
HK: Doesn't post too often and I wouldn't say his posts are particularly insightful. I don't think he's town, but out of 3p / mafia? Not sure on that
Stranger: Even though I was mostly kidding about being a joker role, I dont feel strongly one way or the other. Most things can usually be explained by stupidity after all! Overall really not too sure on them
Notty: Kinda hard to read, but seemed to be pushing a lynch of mis harder than I would normally expect. Im gonna go with kinda mafia but that can easily change as the game progresses
Hip: Probably town
Inf: Harder to read just because of the amount of pentaposts mixed with one line corrections of typos several posts later. I don't really feel strongly either way on him yet.
Mulbery: Has really been lurking (ok maybe I kinda do but still). From memory, I'm pretty sure as town mulbery usually posts more as is a lot more active. I'm going with Mafia
Boo: Kinda unsure. Nothing that they've said has particularly stood out one way or another. I'll go town
Mischief: 3p obviously
Marskid: No offense but seems to be taking the game pretty seriously and trying to find holes in arguments etc. I'm pretty confident he's town
Poke: I know there were some votes on him earlier but I couldn't really see much of a reason for them (?). Not sure, but I think town
Jace: Somehow I think we've found someone who posts less frequently than I do! Given he's posted so little, I'm going to use the infamous "pre game reads" to label him as 100% town

I think I've covered everyone there. Its still pretty early on the game though and I can definitely be convinced a different way on most of these

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
misreading your entire role is apparently either an easy excuse or a common theme this game and i can't tell anymore which it is
I'd normally agree that its just an excuse but because its early in the game and I don't think (?) there was anything that forced the whole situation such as a cop report etc, its a bit more likely to be genuine in my opinion

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
i mean i would think this could potentially be true if she didnt back up everything she says. i've given her evidence straight up that she's wrong several times and she's completely ignored it or claimed i was twisting her words, or whatever, and kept pushing whatever she was saying

?

can you stop trying to use other games as leverage for this one.

honestly just confused at this point. i don't think it's "unbelievable" that stranger didnt bring up the pizza for 2 days cause there's possibilities other than ltin lying and i can see them dismissing it for a later time with more info (if they died it would be obvious who they visited n1 anyways)
I mean even if this part is true (which I highly doubt since it still seems extremely unlikely to me that someone wouldn't think they should confirm ltin is denying their claim rather than both being compatible, especially when it's not like saying that would reveal anything about their role that would make them any more vulnerable, it's just more information, the only drawback of mentioning it would be the possibility of pitting themselves in a 1 v 1 against ltin and anyone who withholds information for the sake of that is most likely scum to me)

do you seriously believe she genuinely didn't consider the possibility ltin was lying until the moment I suggested he become a counter wagon that I'd maybe switch from her onto

Mischief

Reaction score
PokeSvorlds you realize I'm just gonna be more quiet as third party next time right, it's not like I'm gonna purposely be on one side, just not gonna be less out in the open. Besides emotional appeal or whatever is allowed and frankly the only thing I can do to swing votes (or at least an effective way).

I know you probably don't like that and like to play honorably but it's definitely something that works for me, it's not like I use it all the time anyways. Only in bad very bad times

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Moog: Kinda just joking around most of the time it seems. Then again, that seems fairly normal, although does feel like he votes randomly more than usual. Could be 3p but not really sure
why does 3p cross your mind specifically vs mafia

Marskid: No offense but seems to be taking the game pretty seriously and trying to find holes in arguments etc.
how dare you this is extremely offensive

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
disagree tbh
id accept that im not as active as usual but i dont think im joking around most of the time
you tryna say something

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
disagree tbh
id accept that im not as active as usual but i dont think im joking around most of the time
also i havent been random voting
hip vote: done to pressure notty into saying they were lying - wow look at what happened!
stranger vote: literally my only strong scum read this entire game
mis vote: rudeness! it may not be classed as reasoning by other people but honestly idk why people would want someone like that around for the whole game but they apologised and are acting normally so i have forgiven!
stranger vote: literally my only strong scum read this entire game

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
PokeSvorlds you realize I'm just gonna be more quiet as third party next time right, it's not like I'm gonna purposely be on one side, just not gonna be less out in the open. Besides emotional appeal or whatever is allowed and frankly the only thing I can do to swing votes (or at least an effective way).

I know you probably don't like that and like to play honorably but it's definitely something that works for me, it's not like I use it all the time anyways. Only in bad very bad times
You know right now you don't have the most votes right are you trying to make it more likely to be lynched??

id accept that im not as active as usual
HMMMM not as active as usual except when called out HMMMM

In all honesty though my reads are usually pretty dreadful and I'm probably wrong about most of them knowing me

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
You know right now you don't have the most votes right are you trying to make it more likely to be lynched??

HMMMM not as active as usual except when called out HMMMM

In all honesty though my reads are usually pretty dreadful and I'm probably wrong about most of them knowing me
excuse me wheres the answer to my question

PokeSvorlds

Reaction score
do you seriously believe she genuinely didn't consider the possibility ltin was lying until the moment I suggested he become a counter wagon that I'd maybe switch from her onto
no it sounded to me it was one of a few possibilities they thought of (though they did say other ones were first but also lying about getting an item would be stupid so it shouldnt be the first one anyways)

the only drawback of mentioning it would be the possibility of pitting themselves in a 1 v 1 against ltin and anyone who withholds information for the sake of that is most likely scum to me)
i mean that's wrong .. because ltin wouldn't lie about something like that since it would put them in a 1v1 so if ltin says they didn't get pizza they probably didn't get pizza

@PokeSvorlds you realize I'm just gonna be more quiet as third party next time right, it's not like I'm gonna purposely be on one side, just not gonna be less out in the open.
threatening us with less of your presence, now you're breaking out the real threats ?

Status
Not open for further replies.