[GAME OVER] Formula Mafia

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
since the 'disconnect' from game (idk how to describe it) feels like not town but also not exciting and i class mafia as exciting and fun 3p roles as exciting so it's boring 3p
i guess it could be a boring town role too but it feels more 3p to me
i dont think hip would find being mafia exciting

he hates being mafia and would probs be more disconnected than excited

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
read lists are always great, they pretty much show what someone is thinking and after people die you can go back to these to look for any clues and stuff.
im pretty sure ive already explain all my scumleans already
townleans are purely just vibes

also my push for no-lynch is purely because i dont expect a consensus and im not confident on a lynch for anyone
No consensus if you don't try, there's still discussion happening. Hard to say reads lists are always great when Stranger's read list last game led to a ML.

I recall your leans, but give a refresher? Your list imo doesn't show thinking, it just has labels. Put some reasoning to those labels.

inf felt more like he was playing fair

while oog was yelling about betrayal and blamed inf for saying too much - feels less real since oog took the time to explain his meta read right after instead of seeing how other people explicitly see him

so im ok with an oog lynch before an inf lynch
Not liking this pattern of overestimating/reading too far into emotions that may/may not be there. Oog complained, didn't yell. Have to take some liberties to make Oog look mad here.

this was deconfirmed
This set-up is a lot simpler then I guess.

did you IGNORE my posts where i talked about feeling excited for stranger and the correlation with that and a mafia lynch in the past and my theory about my subconscious having more confidence about scum because more incriminating things = feelings of excitement + more likely to be a successful lynch??
Still would like some more clarification on a Stranger lynch, and what has put it above hip/Oog for you.

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
My read for Duffie is leaning town right now. I was a bit unsure of what to think by her weird/apathetic intro but given that she's been actively contributing to the discussion here im getting the feeling she's town.
To expand a bit further, the questions she's been asking seem to be productive questions to ask in the given situation and while I don't agree with her viewpoint that we shouldn't lynch d0 period, I do see where she's coming from.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Still would like some more clarification on a Stranger lynch, and what has put it above hip/Oog for you.
it's a meta read, they're being way more careful/reasonable than usual so i think they're putting extra effort into not being mislynched, which i think is more likely to come from scum than town since they have more reason to worry about getting themselves lynched - although thinking about it stranger's been mislynched quite a few times recently so maybe that's why as town they're being more careful

oog/hip weren't getting any support for a lynch really (other than alisha on oog and boo on hip but that won't be enough to lynch them) and it felt like if i stayed on hip nobody would end up lynching him and i didnt want to let things stagnate since i want a lynch, so i decided to vote stranger to see if more people would be stirred up/willing to vote them with me if i brought that up as a possibility

then when i voted them i felt excited about it, and in the past feeling excited about lynches has always been when that lynch ended up being a scum lynch. that might be a coincidence but a theory i have is that i get excited when i subconsciously feel confident the person is scum because of the amount or significance of stuff ive subconsciously picked up/seen and forgotten, and that the things my subconscious picks up on as scummy are reasonable/accurate/likely to turn out correct, since that'd explain that phenomenon of why excitement is correlated with mafia lynches for me and i think it makes sense (even though i probably sound insane)

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
then when i voted them i felt excited about it, and in the past feeling excited about lynches has always been when that lynch ended up being a scum lynch. that might be a coincidence but a theory i have is that i get excited when i subconsciously feel confident the person is scum because of the amount or significance of stuff ive subconsciously picked up/seen and forgotten, and that the things my subconscious picks up on as scummy are reasonable/accurate/likely to turn out correct, since that'd explain that phenomenon of why excitement is correlated with mafia lynches for me and i think it makes sense (even though i probably sound insane)
i dont agree with your read on stranger but i understand the feeling of elation over a hunch

like in comedy club when i realized the correlation between not getting items and having stuff happen to you during the night, like with oog n1

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
notty doesn't feel scum/id rather have okx be modkilled incase his activity magically picks up/hip im not confident enough in lynching (i think he's a boring 3p role personally)/ uh idk my feelings on boo they kinda disappeared
thank you for giving reads on all 4 of these

i know i quoted this once for hip but how are you reading boo right now if the feelings went away + how does notty not feel scum

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount
MAR - [1] - GOO
GOO - [1] - MAR
INF - [1] - MOO
ALI - [1] - NOT
STR - [1] - INF
BOO - [2] - ALI, STR
NL - [2] - DUF, HIP
With 14 players it takes 8 to lynch and 7 to no lynch.
The deadline is 23:59 GMT on November 6th. If nobody gets enough votes before the deadline day will default to no lynch.

_________GAP
| 1. ALI -
| 2. MOO 82
| 3. DUF 2
| 4. STR 8
| 5. INF 8
| 6. NOT 0
| 7. MAR 17
| 8. BOO 12
| 9. HIP 4
|10. HKC 10
|11. GOO 10
|12. TIM 3
|13. SKO 11
|14. OKX 2

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
To expand a bit further, the questions she's been asking seem to be productive questions to ask in the given situation and while I don't agree with her viewpoint that we shouldn't lynch d0 period, I do see where she's coming from.
Not sure I've seen the same participation, and this is a decent reversal on where you were previously. Can you give me more of a progression here? Want your take on their defense of HK/Skel when they appeared before.