[GAME OVER] Formula Mafia

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
I work in mysterious ways
better be nightkilling him tonight with your 1 shot kill since youre actually a jack of all trades
also i just realised
Infected_alien8_ you should actually claim if youre town (lol fat chance) and a PR since i will literally be blocking you until the end of time now that im out and proud
and im not a wifom person i will literally just block you forever

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
better be nightkilling him tonight with your 1 shot kill since youre actually a jack of all trades
also i just realised
Infected_alien8_ you should actually claim if youre town (lol fat chance) and a PR since i will literally be blocking you until the end of time now that im out and proud
and im not a wifom person i will literally just block you forever
not if i block you first

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
i know what youre wanting me to think but if you truly were that role then it would be more valuable to claim it so that both of our actions werent wasted for eternity, but alas you wont claim it outright so that you cant be cc-ed and am hoping that i will have a change of heart and not block you but i literally cannot stress this enough i will be blocking you for eternity until i die

Duffie

Reaction score
why dont you read the thread and find out!!
Moog, you see the struggles I'm going through just to catch up...

so i get randomly like intercept messages between peeps and i get the choices to broadcast the messages whenever i want to
so far ive only got one message and i mean it doesnt really mean much to me and i didnt want to broadcast it just incase it would make people hesitant to put any juicy info in their messages
Wait, so you get to see messages between peeps? Like, in group chats, or what?

weak but fine my role is kinda boring
I would say it wouldn't be boring if you were able to wait, but 6 people wanna #massclaim so...

i personally dont think both yours and her role would both be town and i think strangers scum cuz shes also claiming town blocker when oog also claims town blocker and again i dont think thered be two
Good point, one or the other feels Third Party more than anything, unless one happens to be Mafia, but I've yet to find any counterclaims.

which means its unfair/bad since it can pick up a mafia chat person where someone says like
'[mafia member 1] you do this action, [mafia member 2] you do that action, [mafia member 3]...' etc which just can ruin the game in 1 night
and if whatever random quote picker chooses this quote, i imagine the host will deliberate on whether to send it or not since it ruins the game in 1 night
See, this is where it makes me think, private messages? If it is a group chat post picked at random, it would be gamebreaking, surely, based on possible conversation topics, right?

I'm not saying dismiss the idea, but I trust the setup to be fair and balanced, and direct and private messages make more sense to me.

Claimed town you say? In that case

Vote Stranger
Ohoho, does that mean you're claiming Town Innkeeper?

To be more accurate I did tell Skele I was a 3p role to bait him to see if we was non-town aligned. However, I'll add that said bait happens to be true.

My goal is to penalize non-town aligned players 3 times.
✔

NAMEALIGNMENTROLENIGHT STATUSTARGET
TIMTown✔Tracker✔Killed by❓
MOOTown❓RoleblockerRoleblockTIM
BOOTown❓Alignment Cop??N/A
STRThird Party✔Innkeeper✔ / Roleblocker / VoteblockerInnkeep✔ALI & NOT✔
ALI❓❓Day One BroadcastN/A
GOOTown❓Innkeeper✔Innkeep✔STR✔
INFRupaul??Drag Queen / Roleblocker❓❓

Also, I forgot to count Good Skele's role from Stranger from Planet 9's out... Whoops.

For the chat, I figured I might get some spicy claims in a group chat between Notty and Alisha given how much Notty suspected Alisha yesterday. I was considering Boooo and Alisha but i didn't think Booo would be very active in a night chat.

As for penalizing Notty, I didn't think Alisha's claim seemed particularly scummy and I couldn't see how it would work as a 3p role so I chose Notty.
It makes perfect sense for you to choose Notty, given the evidence you were provided. I thought Alisha was Third Party at first, but after what I heard today, she feels like Town to me.

This doesn't prove Nottykitten to be Third Party, but a larger chance at hitting one, at least.

This indicates it was a message received by Alisha, not sent by Alisha
Numbers? Is this a code?

Also, Alisha, how come you never mentioned this?

Also, it says ALI Team Radio...

Scuderia Americano

11. ALI (02)
12. BOO (31)
Does that mean that Boooo is a likely candidate for that radio message..? Ltin did say there were small mechanics he didn't want to explain, so... xD

is it possible you were right about mafia being told and mafia spammed their chat with a bunch of spammy messages so the odds of it landing on something valuable was much lower

that was my first instinct but i didnt wanna say it here incase mafia used it but
These are clearly the spots of the anti-town within the standings. Allow me to elaborate:
I mean, Ltin did say there were small mechanics he didn't want to explain, so... xD

im conflicted this role seems super OP since it says who received the message aka it essentially confirms an antitown
i want to hear alishas defense but like ???
If it seems overpowered, why do you think it exists in such a way..? ?

Also:

why does it mean the person who receives it is antitown
This. ☝?

Stranger from Planet 9 Nottykitten was there any message in your chat that was just 5 letters long and thats it since maybe it is a code and hip wasnt told messages would be encrypted

like i cant fathom a role this op being included
Then how can you think it exists???

Mooglie, are you sure you're Town? You're so confusing, it feels like you're trying to confuse me. Do you send messages??? Are you getting defensive???

#Page71/82

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
i highly doubt you do
well it doesnt really matter anyway
if youre town and you refuse to claim after i said im blocking you forever then youre wasting the blockers ability for the entirety of the game which is throwing
if youre mafia/3p/whatever (like you are, mafia) and you refuse to claim then you are successfully wasting my ability for the entirety of the game since now one of your mafia buddies will carry out the kill and your personal action is just sacrificed

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Moog, you see the struggles I'm going through just to catch up...
skele said that earlier than you!
+ i swear its in the rules that youre expected to keep up to date with the game or something so i stand by my case
@Mooglie, are you sure you're Town? You're so confusing, it feels like you're trying to confuse me. Do you send messages??? Are you getting defensive???
what
i cant tell if youre operating with info youre meant to not have at the point youre reading at or not
i dont want to spoil your fun
but to throw myself back to that point in time
alisha receives a message that hip has said was during the night
notty has confirmed this message didnt come from the race director chat
alisha wasnt in good skele's inn
thus the message must have come from scum chat!

im 99% sure duffie is the message sender now since they seem to be operating with the knowledge about when the message was actually sent when hip did not phrase it like that once at all

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
+ i swear its in the rules that youre expected to keep up to date with the game or something so i stand by my case

what
i cant tell if youre operating with info youre meant to not have at the point youre reading at or not

im 99% sure duffie is the message sender now since they seem to be operating with the knowledge about when the message was actually sent when hip did not phrase it like that once at all
shes just saying she thinks the role wont get msgs from scumchat since that seems OP and is confused why youre considering it to be real when you think its OP

not being from scumchat =/= sent day 0, she thinks it was a private msg sent day 0 like i did at some point

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
shes just saying she thinks the role wont get msgs from scumchat since that seems OP and is confused why youre considering it to be real when you think its OP

not being from scumchat =/= sent day 0, she thinks it was a private msg sent day 0 like i did at some point
duffies the message sender its time to move on from hk

also nice not responding to
well it doesnt really matter anyway
if youre town and you refuse to claim after i said im blocking you forever then youre wasting the blockers ability for the entirety of the game which is throwing
if youre mafia/3p/whatever (like you are, mafia) and you refuse to claim then you are successfully wasting my ability for the entirety of the game since now one of your mafia buddies will carry out the kill and your personal action is just sacrificed

Duffie

Reaction score

what

It's just that I've played in Mafias in the past with radio-like roles, and so have you... Do you remember Russian Mafia? TBD?

Really now, I don't think there was even one Mafia with radio roles that even took from inns for group chats.

How did you receive your intercepted messages in Russian Mafia? Where did they come from? Am I serioudly interrogating you about how you played in an older game?

Yes, yes I am.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
It's just that I've played in Mafias in the past with radio-like roles, and so have you... Do you remember Russian Mafia? TBD?

Really now, I don't think there was even one Mafia with radio roles that even took from inns for group chats.

How did you receive your intercepted messages in Russian Mafia? Where did they come from? Am I serioudly interrogating you about how you played in an older game?

Yes, yes I am.
this comes down to when you believe hip received the message and i think the only way to interpret it the way he was saying was that he received it at the start of day 1 meaning it was a night message which i guess i can see being a role that sends a single message over night but i refuse to believe there was any way to interpret it as a day messager from how hip spoke about it
I havent even caught up on chat sober, do you want me to claim already? xD
ok drunky!!!!!!
and no i want inf to claim

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
this comes down to when you believe hip received the message and i think the only way to interpret it the way he was saying was that he received it at the start of day 1 meaning it was a night message which i guess i can see being a role that sends a single message over night but i refuse to believe there was any way to interpret it as a day messager from how hip spoke about it

ok drunky!!!!!!
duffie never said day messager though???

she just said messager??

and it couldve been a system message as well via ltin which resulted from someone elses role which is why shes talking about josef in russian mafia i assume

Duffie

Reaction score
Okay, first off, Page 72 is my favorite page thus far. ?

ok drunky!!!!!!
Dood...

actually this reminds me i got notified of this message during d0 so this couldnt of been from mafia chat
I literally just passed this quote at the end of Page 72