They Are Among Us [Game Complete!]

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
tbf I'm not a fan of HK either and this kind of performance is well within his scumrange, but that was some hardcore JKposting there

Go on a bit of a story about how this is how you once behaved and how HK is behaving now, then apologize for perhaps projecting too hard.

You're leaning into him being scum and you've got reasons, but you're got a nice backdoor if you need to pedal out.
my projecting comment was about that one paragraph going in detail about why I think c) is happening, a) b) and c) still are valid and I provided 0 backpedal for those

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
c) i think you're still yet to provide an actual read on anyone other than 'could be this, could be that too though'
fair. well ill give some reads:
- unu: scum, things dont up with the roles. Slight meta vibe that unu could be legit based on what i know from discord werewolves (which arguablu is very different) so less relevant.
- inf: scum, based on vibes mostly but also you feel more chaotic in some of your posting.
- mars: town, feels composed, also trust him over unu.
- tim: town, similar to mars, feels composed.
- twg: town, the way they came forward about their items felt towny to me.
- sessy: neutral. havent seen too much. interested in having a response on what i asked in previous post.
- skele: neutral/scum. similair to sessy, but even less to go off.
- pair: neutral/scum. Behaved funny yesterday, need to see more.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
So HKCaper Pairjax where should this day be going?
Would be nice to see a bit more of the likes sessy, skele, pairjax (and i guess me). I wouldnt mind a lynch on unu or inf, my biggest scum susp.

Usually just figure things out along the way. Perhaps deciding on how much we want to discuss about items. twg and inf mentioned a blueprint or something, and that seems useful if we figure out who needs what. Downside is, mafia prob has a use for that info. We could figure that deal out, i bet some reads will also follow from that discussion.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Would be nice to see a bit more of the likes sessy, skele, pairjax (and i guess me). I wouldnt mind a lynch on unu or inf, my biggest scum susp.

Usually just figure things out along the way. Perhaps deciding on how much we want to discuss about items. twg and inf mentioned a blueprint or something, and that seems useful if we figure out who needs what. Downside is, mafia prob has a use for that info. We could figure that deal out, i bet some reads will also follow from that discussion.
Well me, Inf, Tim and TWG have done a lot of discussion.

Here's the talking torch, lead the way.

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Okay, cool night. I'm not really that surprised that Erik was killed last night, seeing as the mafia must've realised that my influence and ability to read would've gotten Unu lynched either way. I'll get right into my views about unu first.

Okay about Unu. Obviously, seeing that Erik got killed last, Unusual would be in the spotlight. When day started I thought that he was the best lynch, and I still believe so. Let's begin with his 'real' claim:
My role is annonymeously actually referred to as "Sheriff X" (not my role name and I will come back to what I mean), but my ability works differently than a cop. My role is called Bill Rutherson like I said earlier, but my actual ability is that I can select a player each day, which will be added to a private conversation with an annonymeous account I can use, during the night phase. The account I was given was called "Sheriff X", and I was given the password so I could use it.
First thing first, he says that his previous claim was a lie. What caught my eye when reading this for the second time, is that he says "but my ability works differently than a cop", I'll make sure to get back to this later. He also claimed to had a conversation with Sessy the night before, and Sessy also confirmed this. I'll say that I don't necessarily think that he's lying about this specific part. I would actually want to see for his role to flip before we can determine if Sessy also is on on this (obviously if Unu is lying about this, then so is Sessy / alternatively someone on the mafia team is this anonymous player).

He continued his post:
When I said "You may not want to lynch the cop", I wasn't technically wrong (at least in my eyes), but in handsight we can all agree on that I should have clarified how my role actually worked, although the claim could have been a little more scummy. After Erik claimed I was very suprised, so I regret what I did before that. However, after Erik was outed I think I did the best I could do which was to claim the same ability as him, otherwise I think I most surely would be lynched, and try to get neither of us killed d0. That went quite smoothly in my opinion. If it was someone else who counterclaimed me I think I might have been lynched. Although, much harm was done I was hoping doctor would be on Erik, or mafia wouldn't kill Erik, but it turns neither of this happened (cause Erik was doctor, and somehow mafias knew doctor wouldn't be on Erik) and so Erik died and the harm was done.
I don't really understand what he means by this. I don't see how he wasn't technically wrong - he was obviously not a cop. I'll get back to this later. The next sentences makes me question Unusual's critical thinking. Erik claimed to be cop - and then Unu 'had' to cc to not get lynched? Is this the perspective of a town that wants to clarify about their role, or a mafia trying to avoid being lynched? Kind of off-topic, but he also says he claimed the same ability as him *mysteriously*, which I pointed out last day.
I'd also like to add this last point that I originally thought was a bit suspicious but at a second glance may be *not so relevant*. It was that Unu claimed right after, and with a similar spelling as Erik.
Anyways I'll get on to what makes me 100% believe Unu is scum, at least from my point of view.
And for anyone still wanting to lynch me. You may not want to lynch the cop.
Like I said in my big post last day; When Unu claimed, he claimed as a cop. He claimed to be a cop, and used the cop role as an authority role as to why we should listen to him. He made it obvious to us that we shouldn't lynch him since he was *the* cop. Now, my question for Unusual is the following: How would you ever think that your role, a messenger, is a cop role? Unu's role does not involve anything near what a cop traditionally does. Unu has had a huge experience within mafia and I know for a fact that he would not have a simple misconception about this if he was telling the truth.

If Unu had said something along with "I have an messaging / interrogation role" or something like that I would believe it far more. But Unu not only directly claims cop, he also directly counterclaims the cop. Does it seem very town to see a cop claim and think "well I gotta cc them to stay alive"? No, because no town thinks like this. I'll make it more clear:
but my ability works differently than a cop
Obviously states that his ability is differently than a cop (hint: differently what he claimed yesterday)
I wasn't technically wrong (at least in my eyes), but in handsight we can all agree on that I should have clarified how my role actually worked, although the claim could have been a little more scummy.
No shit.
After Erik claimed I was very suprised, so I regret what I did before that. However, after Erik was outed I think I did the best I could do which was to claim the same ability as him,
Why? Why would a town ever counterclaim (and yes, this is literally counterclaiming) a cop? Makes no sense
otherwise I think I most surely would be lynched
States that he cares more about surviving than getting cop lynched.

Further on, he states that he wanted to get neither of them lynched:
and try to get neither of us killed d0
Sadly that's a lie since he voted Erik right after Erik claimed:
what on earth. I didnt even sus you

unvote

vote erik
Tada!

I'll sum it up in a big nice block of text this last point if you didn't get it previously. Unu first claimed cop because that's how he interpreted his role. When he was counterclaimed, he was surprised. He says he realised that Erik was the real cop, and wanted that both should live. However, he voted out Erik and counterclaimed him by claiming more or less the same ability. Unu's argument is fake because 1. He should/would not claimed cop in the first place (since he obviously wasn't one). 2. He counteclaimed the cop. 3. He claims he did it with good intentions as he wanted both him and erik to stay alive. 4. He now claims to not be the cop, infact a totally different role that in no shape or form could be interpreted on being cop.

I'm sorry if this post is a bit chaotic, I'm having so many thoughts and I think I forgot like half on them when I wrote this, make sure to ask questions though, I probably forgot some things. Sadly gonna cut the post here since it's getting late and I want to watch a movie tonight, but I'll make sure to make a post tomorrow about other people/aliens ;).

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
fwiw I think my opinion on Inf is well-established. I stand by that Unu gets flipped today no matter what first and foremost, but there's no sense ending a day phase prematurely.

Alright. I know a few already claimed items, but as i said, it seems some things can be made with these items. Should we start finding out who needs what? Interested in your opinions.
Erik brought this up D0 and I really don't think laying out blueprints is useful w/o there being full coop. Even then it makes maf's job easier and it can be assumed they already have an advantage given recent deaths.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
fwiw I think my opinion on Inf is well-established. I stand by that Unu gets flipped today no matter what first and foremost, but there's no sense ending a day phase prematurely.

Erik brought this up D0 and I really don't think laying out blueprints is useful w/o there being full coop. Even then it makes maf's job easier and it can be assumed they already have an advantage given recent deaths.
You make a fair point, but maybe we need a full coop then. Just feels pointless to be able to send my items around, when i dont know who has a use for it.