Girl Friends/Boy Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summer10

Reaction score
1. DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON TEEN PREGNANCY
2. DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON HOW INSANELY FUNNY AND DISTURBING THE THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN SAID EARLIER IN THIS THREAD ARE
3. I have a few ladies who definitely like me (how they act while around me/to me)
5. All the love I need is here, in the internet <3

6. @Megatron more please.

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score
1. DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON TEEN PREGNANCY
2. DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON HOW INSANELY FUNNY AND DISTURBING THE THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN SAID EARLIER IN THIS THREAD ARE
3. I have a few ladies who definitely like me (how they act while around me/to me)
5. All the love I need is here, in the internet <3

6. @Megatron more please.
4= dead

O

OneIntervention

Well, I think my love life is the most laughable of us all.
So there's this one girl, let's call her, say, Samantha. Not her real name, just for purposes. I've liked her since 6th grade, and I told one of my best girl friends about it. Apparently, that friend liked me, so she told Samantha to screw up my chances with her. Two years later, I've still been trying to get her. She's pretty, plays video games, and gets meme references. Still no luck. Lately I got tired and asked her straight-up if I had a chance with her, and she said no.
Now, in 8th grade, there's this other girl I think I have better chances with. Let's call this one Christina. Again, not her real name. Unfortunately, I've been friendzoned by Christina. Here comes a weekend and I'm so incredibly bored, what do I do? I call her damn dad. I'm not insane, she has no Facebook and no cell phone, so had no way to contact her. So, he's the most overprotective man I know. I don't know why I did this, but hey, I thought what did I have to lose. So I ask him, I'd like to take your daughter out to a movie. He says she's busy today, but maybe another time. Now this guy is insane. He yelled at a guy for hugging Christina in front of him for five minutes, and then here I am, asking him, and he's totally cool about it. Ten minutes later, she calls back (on her dad's phone) and tells me she doesn't want to be my girlfriend.
So there I am, two rejections in a matter of a week. Friday, there's a field trip to Islands of Adventure. So apparently, she meets this guy who lives 2 hours away from where we live and she falls in love with him. Seriously. Monday I see her crooning over him, texting him the entire day. Everyone in school agrees she's in love. She wants to go to St. Augustine where he lives to visit him.

TL;DR, One girl rejected by, the other in love with a 15 year old guy.
How screwed am I?

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Well, I think my love life is the most laughable of us all.
So there's this one girl, let's call her, say, Samantha. Not her real name, just for purposes. I've liked her since 6th grade, and I told one of my best girl friends about it. Apparently, that friend liked me, so she told Samantha to screw up my chances with her. Two years later, I've still been trying to get her. She's pretty, plays video games, and gets meme references. Still no luck. Lately I got tired and asked her straight-up if I had a chance with her, and she said no.
Now, in 8th grade, there's this other girl I think I have better chances with. Let's call this one Christina. Again, not her real name. Unfortunately, I've been friendzoned by Christina. Here comes a weekend and I'm so incredibly bored, what do I do? I call her damn dad. I'm not insane, she has no Facebook and no cell phone, so had no way to contact her. So, he's the most overprotective man I know. I don't know why I did this, but hey, I thought what did I have to lose. So I ask him, I'd like to take your daughter out to a movie. He says she's busy today, but maybe another time. Now this guy is insane. He yelled at a guy for hugging Christina in front of him for five minutes, and then here I am, asking him, and he's totally cool about it. Ten minutes later, she calls back (on her dad's phone) and tells me she doesn't want to be my girlfriend.
So there I am, two rejections in a matter of a week. Friday, there's a field trip to Islands of Adventure. So apparently, she meets this guy who lives 2 hours away from where we live and she falls in love with him. Seriously. Monday I see her crooning over him, texting him the entire day. Everyone in school agrees she's in love. She wants to go to St. Augustine where he lives to visit him.

TL;DR, One girl rejected by, the other in love with a 15 year old guy.
How screwed am I?
I won't pretend to be some kind of romantic expert, but from what I've been told, the odds of you finding the love of your life the first time you go head over heels for someone are pretty low. I empathize with you - it sucks to be rejected, especially for someone else. If you want to withdraw from romance for a bit, go ahead; finding a life partner or something isn't anything you need to get done by the end of eighth grade, so no one should think any less of you just because you don't have one.

Alternatively, you could keep on trucking. They passed you up, and there's probably no point moping about it.

Reaction score
Well, that is how nature works, it's all about having children, and yes, women pick their man mostly on how healthy they look because they want healthy and successful children. It's just how mankind works, that your school bully gets a lot of girls is probably because he is strong and so would be good at protecting her and the family. However, don't be afraid or something, because the class bully is most of the time not smarter than you are (in some cases it can be) so you will be successful later in life and YOU will get the girls because you will have more money and a bigger house and stuff. And what you said fatalis, of a certain age women and men get attracted to eachother for, yeah, sex, because every normal living person has (or will have) the urge to get children.

tl;dr, girls/women are mostly attracted to successful/healthy men to get successful children with and people just get the urge to have sex from a certain age to reproduce theirself.
I agree with this. It is how nature works

P

poas

do not talk to me about teen pregnancy. i help my midwife mother at work, and the youngest pregnancy ive seen in a ward, is 12 years old. it really sickened me to see that.

Pick Yer Poison

Reaction score
@Ciphered and @fatalis

Well, that is how nature works, it's all about having children, and yes, women pick their man mostly on how healthy they look because they want healthy and successful children. It's just how mankind works, that your school bully gets a lot of girls is probably because he is strong and so would be good at protecting her and the family. However, don't be afraid or something, because the class bully is most of the time not smarter than you are (in some cases it can be) so you will be successful later in life and YOU will get the girls because you will have more money and a bigger house and stuff. And what you said fatalis, of a certain age women and men get attracted to eachother for, yeah, sex, because every normal living person has (or will have) the urge to get children.

tl;dr, girls/women are mostly attracted to successful/healthy men to get successful children with and people just get the urge to have sex from a certain age to reproduce theirself.
I mean no offense, but I don't think a 17 year old male is the best general judge of why women do what they do.

Emues7

Uranus
Reaction score
@Ciphered and @fatalis

Definitely.
I'm also attracted to you.

Pick Yer Poison

Reaction score
@Pick Yer Poison
No, I do not know what goes on in the head of a woman, but my interests are Biology and Psychology and I do understand how human nature works. What I said in my post are just basics of Biology, people do get attracted to eachother from a certain age (Most of the time earlier than 18) and feel the urge to do ... things ... and with that I tried to clarify the behaviour.
But is your stance really that the primary thing most women desire is physical strength, wealth, or other material qualities? I'd beg to differ, given the number of women who make choices based on aspects like personality. For example, look at relationships forged online - those rarely take off because of physical qualities.

It's true that sex leads to reproduction, and as a species we value reproduction, but what's just as important to consider is that as a species, we have a vast amount of variation. Not everyone even values reproduction - look at celibates like monks or nuns. It's an inherently human quality, and an encouraged one at that, to be able to override instinct through conscious thought. Psychological theories that insist that our biology and instincts control us more strongly than higher brain functions tend to fall apart because of the wealth of counter-examples.

snowma

Dwarf
Donor
Reaction score
But is your stance really that the primary thing most women desire is physical strength, wealth, or other material qualities? I'd beg to differ, given the number of women who make choices based on aspects like personality. For example, look at relationships forged online - those rarely take off because of physical qualities.

It's true that sex leads to reproduction, and as a species we value reproduction, but what's just as important to consider is that as a species, we have a vast amount of variation. Not everyone even values reproduction - look at celibates like monks or nuns. It's an inherently human quality, and an encouraged one at that, to be able to override instinct through conscious thought. Psychological theories that insist that our biology and instincts control us more strongly than higher brain functions tend to fall apart because of the wealth of counter-examples.
YEAH WELL. LOOK AT ME AND DANNY. SHEESH.

Other then that you are completely right.

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
If you're meaning the relationships that are made on dating online sites where they pair you up and you go to them in some desperacy then I agree with you on this. :b

But relationships over the internet* can actually be more closer and more unique in the placement that the people aren't attracted to each other only physically or their wealth. They love the person for who they are and the willingness of the two to meet in real life is another proven point. I know of another couple* who met over the internet; she moved to Canada and now they're married for three years now. C:
*and by internet in this stance I mean that they met in a community or such over the internet
**of another community I used to be a part of

Just to add: I'm not saying that a relationship doesn't require any physical attraction at all or impressing your mate. It's just to my physiological sense that the chance of the releationship being successful seems more higher.

ALSO: To sum up @Chillingworth 's post it means this:
We look at ppl who have the best qualities to have the best babeiz.
Due to unconsious though or our animal insticts.
((DON'T COMPLETELY QUOTE ME ON THIS. Someone else can go way more deeper if you want them to. :b))

Summer10

Reaction score
If we want to get down to science..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_selection

^ This is all that needs to be said.
Wikipedia is never a good source for research, people can always just get on and edit it so it's not trustworthy.
Not sure if it really relevant but another thing that I think is taken into account on this whole "mind vs. nature" debate is if he is an alpha male or not, http://www.halfsigma.com/2007/01/alpha_beta_and_.html This article made a lot of sense for me, oh and please make sure to read some if not all of the comments ;) , oh and there is some bad words/bad actions in the wolf section.

Status
Not open for further replies.