OOC Remnants of the Elements Discussion

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Okay, if we want to meet in Ciasta at the ball, we gotta get our times in the same place. TP, how long does the ball last? Erien implied in one of my earlier posts that it lasts for several days, but I can change that if you'd like. If it is several days, though, then how many days? Also, when did you and Alouette meet and stuff?

Erien and Himinn will arrive at the ball on the last evening, which should logically be the grand finale and all. If we meet you in Ciasta, we'll meet you then.

Also, I think (and yes, this is the third time I've brought this up) that with all of us getting together and all, it's time to discuss what the plot should be. We still haven't agreed on anything and once we meet, Erien would waste no time to get things in motion, since he knows that there is (are) some problem(s) that need(s) their intervention.

I support one of those options:

Magic energy (not only Erien's element, but any kind of magic) fading from the world and that starting to cause problems.
An outside threat to Arun or Gaia (what that would be, I don't yet know).
Something else big and important enough for the Guardians to all wake up.

What I don't support:

War between magic users and those who can't use magic, because the way this has been going so far, there isn't that much segregation between them to justify it completely.
Political conflict (a failed state marriage???), because wars happen and stuff, that doesn't mean Guardians wake up each time they do.

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
Okay, if we want to meet in Ciasta at the ball, we gotta get our times in the same place. TP, how long does the ball last? Erien implied in one of my earlier posts that it lasts for several days, but I can change that if you'd like. If it is several days, though, then how many days? Also, when did you and Alouette meet and stuff?

Erien and Himinn will arrive at the ball on the last evening, which should logically be the grand finale and all. If we meet you in Ciasta, we'll meet you then.

Also, I think (and yes, this is the third time I've brought this up) that with all of us getting together and all, it's time to discuss what the plot should be. We still haven't agreed on anything and once we meet, Erien would waste no time to get things in motion, since he knows that there is (are) some problem(s) that need(s) their intervention.

I support one of those options:

Magic energy (not only Erien's element, but any kind of magic) fading from the world and that starting to cause problems.
An outside threat to Arun or Gaia (what that would be, I don't yet know).
Something else big and important enough for the Guardians to all wake up.

What I don't support:

War between magic users and those who can't use magic, because the way this has been going so far, there isn't that much segregation between them to justify it completely.
Political conflict (a failed state marriage???), because wars happen and stuff, that doesn't mean Guardians wake up each time they do.
Well, I wasn't even really thinking about the fact that the ball went on for a couple of days, but I assume it would I guess. I'd think it'd continue for around a week and Alouette and Zwn met on the first night. Assuming it went on for a week, that would give the guardians who aren't already in Ecremar/Ciasta time to get there. I go for the outside threat (if we can think of one) or the magic fading thing (which could be a dead guardians's element or someone getting disconnected from their element and becoming more human.)

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Actually, I just had an idea.

Basically I've always imagined that the elements themselves, who have no real physical manifestation (the Guardians would be the closest thing to that, but not quite), are basically sentient themselves, and trapped and suppressed inside the Guardians. They'd be raw, wild, always trying to get out and spread themselves as much as possible, never thinking about the consequences. Basically everything you'd expect from an Eldritch Abomination.

So, in addition to spreading their element and looking out for it, Guardians always had the task of keeping the elements in check as well, so that they wouldn't go berserk on the world, as it would most likely destroy it or at least cause some serious damage. But since the Guardians were asleep for so long and their elements seeped out into the planet and the world around them, the Guardians cannot keep them in check any more just by remaining asleep.

Instead of magic and the elements fading from the world, they're instead starting to grow too strong, pushing the scales of balance between them into some serious swing (which is bad). So, now all the Guardians have to get them back under control.

Yes/no?

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Actually, I just had an idea.

Basically I've always imagined that the elements themselves, who have no real physical manifestation (the Guardians would be the closest thing to that, but not quite), are basically sentient themselves, and trapped and suppressed inside the Guardians. They'd be raw, wild, always trying to get out and spread themselves as much as possible, never thinking about the consequences. Basically everything you'd expect from an Eldritch Abomination.

So, in addition to spreading their element and looking out for it, Guardians always had the task of keeping the elements in check as well, so that they wouldn't go berserk on the world, as it would most likely destroy it or at least cause some serious damage. But since the Guardians were asleep for so long and their elements seeped out into the planet and the world around them, the Guardians cannot keep them in check any more just by remaining asleep.

Instead of magic and the elements fading from the world, they're instead starting to grow too strong, pushing the scales of balance between them into some serious swing (which is bad). So, now all the Guardians have to get them back under control.

Yes/no?
Ironically my message about me probably fucking up my posts ended up fucking up.

Goddamnit on a stick.

Good idea, I mean, we have no other plot conflicts, so htis is fine, I guess.

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
A few things:

Welcome back Fiesta! :DDD

Endal and Himinn are progressing way too fast like the time scale is already unbalanced they're a week ahead of everybody else

I'll support Ender's plot idea because that is also a nice setup for ark's thing later on which yes i am still advocating for as another main conflict as well

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
A few things:

Welcome back Fiesta! :DDD

Endal and Himinn are progressing way too fast like the time scale is already unbalanced they're a week ahead of everybody else

I'll support Ender's plot idea because that is also a nice setup for ark's thing later on which yes i am still advocating for as another main conflict as well
Wait, a week ahead? They're just headed to the ball now while the rest (Catco, Caff, Tora, etc) are already there! They're further than us!

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
The ball lasts for a week, Ender time skipped to the end of the week while we're on the first night.
Ah, fair 'nuff. Well, I'll be sitting at the end of the week by now, just about when Ender and Fali'll be arriving.

I went over the posts I hastily downloaded to my iPhone on the night I discovered RotE JUST before the wi-fi went down and noticed I missed around 5 posts .-.
Gotcha, we'll just wait for you people to catch up once we get there. Or timeskips, or whatever.

Note: I'm throwing references to a certain GBA game around in everyone's faces, first one to guess it gets some expert advice on said game.

Last edited:

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I timeskipped because there was pretty much nothing for us to do, other than showing Erien teach Himinn about Arun, which I didn't want to do, because it would've been boring and I don't want to build the entire world, cultures and history myself. We'll wait until you guys have caught up.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
I timeskipped because there was pretty much nothing for us to do, other than showing Erien teach Himinn about Arun, which I didn't want to do, because it would've been boring and I don't want to build the entire world, cultures and history myself. We'll wait until you guys have caught up.
Could we at least have Himmin and Erien talk to Light for now before entering the city? c:

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Could we at least have Himmin and Erien talk to Light for now before entering the city? c:
Yes, of course.

Just for clarification, the time is not noon, but mid-morning and the town we're currently in, Destern, is the main port serving Ciasta and the lands around it (since Ciasta isn't quite on the coastline on the map, I figured there'd be a separate port town close to Ciasta that would serve as the main seaport of the area). It would take us the whole day to reach the city itself and we'd arrive more or less by sundown.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Yes, of course.

Just for clarification, the time is not noon, but mid-morning and the town we're currently in, Destern, is the main port serving Ciasta and the lands around it (since Ciasta isn't quite on the coastline on the map, I figured there'd be a separate port town close to Ciasta that would serve as the main seaport of the area). It would take us the whole day to reach the city itself and we'd arrive more or less by sundown.
Well nonetheless I'm still sitting close to Ciasta, or at least on a spot where both places could be visible (if one could look that far from a hill) so.
A.) Fali changes her post so they didn't come across Light just yet and re-posts it later.
B.) I retcon my post by either:
B.1.) Changing my location
B.2.) Changing the time

Ideas?

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Note: I'm throwing references to a certain GBA game around in everyone's faces, first one to guess it gets some expert advice on said game.
Fire Emblem?

Anyways, my only character who is at the ball is Kramia, and I've not confirmed which day night of the ball she arrived on.
There will also be a good few dwarves from the group shipping tools and weapons to Ecremar present at the ball.
Unless something serious happens in the first few days of the ball, Aldkuld will have no reason to go there.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Damnit phone, FINISHING MY POST.

Fire Emblem?

Anyways, my only character who is at the ball is Kramia, and I've not confirmed which day night of the ball she arrived on.
There will also be a good few dwarves from the group shipping tools and weapons to Ecremar present at the ball.
Unless something serious happens in the first few days of the ball, Aldkuld will have no reason to go there.
DING DING DING ON A STICK. Fire Emblem the Sacred Stones.
That was too fast ;-;
EXPERT ADVICES:
Make Franz a Death Knight, get him an S affinity with axes and give him Garm in the late game.
Consider using Duessel as a tank-like unit. He can soak up lots of magic and ranged attacks with his high defense and speed which makes him great for holdinng a position.
Make Artur and Lute sages, Artur's INSANE magic resistance and Lute's insane attack + evasive skills makes them great as an "Anti-magic unit"
Consider giving Artur Ivaldi and Lute Excalibur in the late game.
Garcia's a beast; he can fuck up an entire army once you upgrade him to a Hero later, boasting ridiculous speed, ridiculous attack, and a neat defense, he should certainly be one of your front-line units.
Colm's a cute unit, but relies heavily on his evasion as his attack and speed are low. Consider upgrading him to an asassin, but note you're not going to pick any chests until you find the Rogue in the Grado capital later on in the game.
Joshua as swordsmaster. Always. Although his defense doesn't get much better, he deals decent damage (14 against the late-game units) his Critical Atk. Chance can raise to 57% with a weapon like 'Killing edge' later on.

Will write more when I got time .-.

Last edited: