[GAME OVER] Formula Mafia

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
you asked me for my meta on oog

oog told me not to or hed kill me or something

i said a version i thought oog wouldnt feel annoyed about by leaving out 'oog does what he thinks hed do as town' and just saying 'he says townie things and is on townie wagons'

oog seemed to interpret that as revealing that 'oog does what he thinks hed do as town' and agreed on it/expanded on it since i said it anyway

thats how i remember what happened at least

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
yes it is

im trying to see whose case and actions are more genuine - if your stories are straight and whatnot
try again

but:
its like almost identical to his town game, there arent any clear tells or anything
i say 'almost' but ive never noticed any differences between them

usually in the past ive always townread oog even when hes scum

now i feel like ive got a scum vibe on him though and im trusting it
but yes as mafia i play as town with minor exceptions depending on the situation i will have 0 quarrels with bussing anyone
something i have told inf in private so thanks for essentially saying it on the thread :)
also ive decided inf is scum

vote infected_alien8_
tell me inf didnt say it completely but just tried to skirt around it

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
nope its just a general thing from like all of his posts, just feels like what an oog scum vibe would feel like
Would you say that he has a scum aura? ?
at this point i am 100% willing to lynch okx based on the fact he doesnt care about the game and i cannae be bothered with that attitude for the rest of the game
For once I am in favor of #lynchtheinactives
so you're ok with (in your eyes) lynching a confirmed town
What is confirmed town about him? I must've missed something.

I just want to bring this up as a worsening issue: I feel that referencing past games has gotten somewhat out of hand. Meta reads are fine and all (personally I dislike them, but that's not the issue), but I just read a whole page of Alisha and oog arguing about his behavior in a previous game. And that isn't relevant to this game (fight me if you think it is). I think in recent games people have been falling back more and more on "Well they did this in this game and they were X alignment!" and I feel it should be toned back significantly.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I would say "I'll try to put together a reads list" but frankly, I won't. It's Day 0, I still have no information that I'd be willing to do much of anything with.
oh yeah i had a question for you earlier if you dont mind answering

earlier on you agreed with my posts about mars

then later you said you were totally in mars's corner

could you explain that pls

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
oh yeah i had a question for you earlier if you dont mind answering

earlier on you agreed with my posts about mars

then later you said you were totally in mars's corner

could you explain that pls
I'd be happy to.

Your initial post about Mars brought up some reasonable points, but it's his reactions that made me believe that he was town. To me it appeared pretty clearly as a case of a frustrated townie feeling like there was no argument that couldn't simply be dismissed.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Taunt all you want, you wont be here tomorrow to stay in the race ?
Mmkay, here be the Notty I'm used to. Feels pretty half-hearted though tbh.

oog's intentions as mafia would, most of the time at least, be 'what would i do if i was town, and ill do that' so trying to find any scum intentions would be pointless most of the time anyway

oog's said himself that he plays as town now so im fine to say this even though i was avoiding it before because he THREATENED me and i felt bad
Trouble w/a Oog vote rn is that, if scum Oog essentially = town Oog, barring exceptions, early game doesn't reveal AI for them. It's a vibe sus and not too strong compared to what I've seen you speak about re: hip. Why lean Oog more?

Boo's posts have felt off and their switch to HK was a clear breach of character
Going to do something about it, or is this just gonna hang out in the air?

your vibe on oog and oogs defense
Elaborate please? What makes one more genuine than the other?

I would say "I'll try to put together a reads list" but frankly, I won't. It's Day 0, I still have no information that I'd be willing to do much of anything with.
Don't need a reads list, but thoughts on the game are useful rn. There's been a lot of discussion, different situations, etc. that you can have takes on.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
HKCaper appreciate a response to #881. Looks like you ignored or missed it here.

Still waiting on clarification from Boo, and Skel continuing to be absent is still a hard NAGL from me. Skoomaeater participation here would also be helpful, you haven't really seem to have caught up yet.

The reactions to the bait votes and Boo backing off HK are worth pushing and I'm sitting on Skel rn.