[GAME OVER] Formula Mafia

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
why would there be two people finding out alignments in a 14p setup???
well stranger would have motive to not out the scum ones so that she can keep choosing them i guess but then i guess she could out them to make herself look town and not be lynched but i could see ltin not considering that

idk if she even gets to know the results though?

Boooo

Reaction score
but boo is literally an uncc cop too so even if one of you dies theres 1 left standing!
When it could have been both of us, nice

i got my secret code with 5 numbers late day 0 and i thought oh someone must have a purpose for sending this since there’s nothing i can actually do with it so i thought the best thing i could do was wait till someone claimed so i could figure out what the purpose of it was

and since i have all the attention from it on me and nobody is coming out and claiming they sent it id say that was their plan!
No one said it was sus you got a message, hip got more slack for their weird role claim than you did, calm down

yes i did because i could get proven and town needs someone they can trust and uh id say its not going the way i wanted it to

so i blame notty
Thats some flawed logic love, we'd have a proven townie and a mislynch if notty was really aiming to frame me

i think he sent me the message to call me out later!
It's not a sus message though, so I don't see why you'd be worried

Anyways Ill claim too since people asked. I am the third roleblocker. Except mine is only 1-shot so I did nothing last night. I also cannot be penalized (which is now proven thanks Stranger). This makes me wonder why me, a town person, would be immune to the town cops investigations. Best explanation is that theyre not town cop so thats why I still suspect Boo. Also penalizing sounds anti-town

Unvote
Vote Boo
What does you being immuned to cop investigations have to do with anything? You're not immuned I just didn't visit anyone

Also I don't really get why you would set up this huge show to get some kind of reaction from me and then not 1, address my reaction or 2, end up voting me because of it
Voting me just for my claim an ridiculous meta reason imo

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Stranger from Planet 9 so if you successfully chose a maf, would you be told you got 1/3?
I was told at the beginning of the night phase that I still need to penalize 3 non town aligned players to win. I wasn't told anything at the end of night phase. I'm assuming I'll be told how many people I need to penalize at the beginning of the next night phase.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount
INF - [1] - MOO
NOT - [2] - STR, ALI
STR - [1] - BOO
HIP - [1] - INF
BOO - [1] - NOT
With 13 players it takes 7 to lynch and 7 to no lynch.

hipmeow if you had a vote on someone it got lost somewhere. Whoopsies.

_________GAP
| 1. MOO -
| 2. INF 6
| 3. HIP 25
| 4. NOT 8
| 5. ALI 6
| 6. STR 19
| 7. BOO 3
| 8. MAR 2
| 9. GOO 5
|10. HKC 0
|11. DUF 3
|12. OKX 0
|13. SKO 0
|14. TIM

Duffie

Reaction score
Race Control: Incident involving cars number 02 (ALI) and 55 (NOT) under investigation.
This is a game mechanic. Neither of these players have broken any rules.
Alisha and Nottykitten, why were you guys under investigation..?

Retirement
Timdood3
Dive Bomber
Each night you may visit someone to see who they visit.
Nooooo, Tim... I actually didn't expect you to go so soon... :<

Race Control: Incident involving cars 02 (ALI) and 55 (NOT): No further action.

Reporting from the broadcast booth:
-----
BOO spent the pitstop with TIM
-----
Hmm... No action regarding Alisha and Nottykitten, but a strange broadcast in simple text and improper grammar regarding Boooo supposedly visiting Timdood5? Seems fishy, but can you explain?

ahahahaha im still alive
I'm honestly surprised, given how out in the open that Race Control made you... xD

The incident mentioned at the day 0 end, put Notty and I into a shared chat with a mysterious independent entity with an anonymous account called the Race Director. Notty and I could talk but the Race Director could only listen.

Apparently the Race Director could do something to us judging from that message when day began, and I had no idea about that. I was heavily convinced Race Director is scum or third party since why would you need to be anonymous if you're town? (Then again maybe it's a way to judge people's intentions if they actually get a decision to do something as of the day 1 opening, so maybe they are town after all but I scumread them when the chat started)
Interesting... So, a chatroom in the midst, and a unique one at that. Did you learn anything from said chat with Nottykitten?

Also I townread Boo now don't ask me why I'll elaborate later
Why? :p

Disagree they were seen visiting Tim which was totally expected! They probs murdered them aka lynch time

Vote Booo
I wouldn't think Boooo did it judt yet, something feels off...

Also can confirm I spent the night with Alisha and a race controller in an inn.
?

also i visited tim last night (not saying what my action is!!!) (also im saying this so i can get it out of the way now incase somehow there was a watcher on tim and they accuse me IM INNOCENT I SWEAR)
Interesting...

NAMEALIGNMENTROLENIGHT STATUSTARGET
TIMTownTrackerKilled By???
MOO??????Visited (Power?)TIM

and tim was the tracker, meaning that this role that exposed boo would have to also be a tracker-esque role rather than a watcher who was watching tim and then announced everyone who visited him (unless i was blocked)
So... Tim was the Town Tracker. But there is another Tracker. Not a Watcher. That tracked Boo. Instead of watching Tim. And then announced in broadcast..?

What does you being blocked have to do with anything?

so either this a weakened watcher or a setup imo
alternatively im defending the person who killed tim haHAA
alternatively i killed tim!!!!!!!!!
maybe i shouldnt be posting this WOOPS
All jokes, until we find out you are against us. ?

also i can 100% see this being a setup by inf since tim gave me that dislike rating so thats motive to kill him and then he was gonna bring this up later
but then why setup boo unless this was a fake frame so people thought boo was being framed and so is innocent when theyre mafia??

idk
ITS INF
vote infected_alien8_
Your logic befuddles me... xD

also if this was host made these names would 100% have the numbers infront of them
its 100000000000000000000000% a setup by inf (except i think inf would get the numbers infront of them maybe hes slacking)
I don't think it's guaranteed, but I agree that it is fishy. It's too different from the other messages from the host to be host related, and the lines on either side of the message seem to indicate that the message was player-made.

I have a feeling your vote on Infected_alien8_ is fueled by the rage of getting a dislike... ?

why are we assuming inf is behind this did i miss something
Less we, more Moog, all ratings.

IM JUST GONNA SAY IT
im voting #massclaim
probably since ive already like 50% claimed
You claimed that you visit people at night, who is to say your alignment, role, or possibly additional powers? It's more 20% claim than anything...

But, why should everyone claim, and So soon?

i mean my conundrum is
i think inf is 100% scum
Likely because of that rating, more than anything...

this broadcast + the way its being used (aka fake imo) is a mafia thing (also odds of watcher watching tim who was nightkilled is fairly low (admittedly i think tim was the most townread so the best kill option + i visited him so what am i talking about low odds))
Very fake broadcast, but I wouldn't say there is enough evidence to pin it on Infected...

The odds of a Watcher on Tim, same as a Mafia kill, is indeed a low chance... 4.11% actually, if everyone were to use their night actions Night One. Not impossible, though.

Also,how was Tim the most townread? Claiming that due to him being out now, by death, is easy to say... But I literally couldn't read him as Town, I thought maybe 3P, but mostly neutral readings...

i think the broadcast was worded pretty badly and obviously fake
i dont think inf would let that message pass if he was discussing it with his mafia buddies (maybe someone else has the ability)
at the same time its a very inf move (see fence + fence v2)
Agreed, but again too much Infected. The broadcast does feel deliberately faked, though... But, why? Perhaps someone of poor grammar, or a fabrication..?

at the same time, given this ability, what else would you use it for
That highly depends on what their other powers could have been, if any powers at all.

im on board with this
Why are you so eager?

i mean to me i dont get the feeling that broadcast thing is fake unless again im bad at reading (i mean im not saying it is 100% real its just by the sounds of things you just THINK its fake)

also does anyone know anything about colours seeing as that replay thing seems to be obsessed with them
This is true, it could literally not be fake, and just a different form of message from the host. But, I believe it is fake, due to reasons posted above.

So, in other news I got put into a night chat with Good Skele last night. There was no independent entity or anything watching us in that chat. Also I pretty strongly townread Skele at this point.
Two night chats, eh? One with two players, and another with 3 players...

Night Chat 1:
Race Director
ALINOT??? (Race Director)
Night Chat 2STRGOO

Stranger from Planet 9, Why wasn't your chat broadcasted like Alisha's and Nottykitten's?

Sure, Im down.
Why is everyone down..? ?

my reasons for thinking its fake:
- feelings
Strong feelings ✔

- the fact i was with tim that night too and tim was the tracker which means this was a weak watcher (i guess i can see it being a design choice of watcher having broadcasted results for the cost of full results or something) or faked
You visited, Tim is a Tracker, guarenteed a weak Watcher? Or it's fake? ✔

- tbh i think the car numbers should have been used here in reflection, since the race director was 'talking' (listening, i guess) to notty and alisha rather than looking at their cars when ltin's message about them being under investigation said car numbers [number] (3 letter name) rather than just (name)
- fullstop maybe?
- 'spent the pitstop' feels like a weird choice of words
- the fact it says 'reporting from the broadcast booth:' and then the 2 lines around the message
Fair assumptions, but the car numbers are likely linked to this Race Director fellow, more thsn anything. Tim and Boo feel unlinked to this Race Director.

Definitely fabricated, though, right?

Did you personally see Boooo visit Tim or are you just basing your vote off the broadcast that we don't even know whether it's real or not?
Right? Not enough info, it feels like...

Also, spending a pitstop feels like a phrasing for a chatroom, perhaps?

Sounds to me exactly how one would word a system message for watcher results though? I agree it could be broadcasted but it could very well just be public watcher results
You make a fair assumption, as well... Public Watcher broadcasts could potentially save the Watcher from outing themselves.

also im fine with a mass claim
Well, that means that MOO, ALI, STR, and HIP all want a #massclaim

Early game mass claims are fine only if they are full; holding back/crumbing/etc. makes it bad for info. I'm for it if everyone plays ball.
Add MAR to the list #massclaim
He claimed a common role to me that I don't think is likely to be mafia or 3p aligned, and he's also confirmed that he's able to do the role action he claimed to be able to do.
Common roles feel too easy... At least it isn't Vanilla, right?

I didn't visit anyone lmao
I've been neglecting the game again

As far as not putting in a night action, I didn't check the forum and came on today because I thought it might still be night time

I definitely didn't visit anyone last night, which surely can't be that hard to believe as I haven't even been active

Perhaps its possible theres a framing role or something? Because i never even checked the forum until today
No night action?

TIMTownTrackerKilled by???
MOO??????Visited (Power?)TIM
BOO??????NothingN/A

No i am not going to claim until I have to, and furthermore shame on your for fishing for one- I hate when people do that
#massclaim: 5/13
No: 1/13

(Trying to quote as I go, but it is so difficult... xD)

Duffie

Reaction score
i call claiming last
❓❓❓

I agree with this, knowing their role and the action they've claimed to be doing tonight they should not be one of the first to claim.
?

Ugh okay fine

I hand out 'penalties for potential rule infractions'
Which apparently somehow translates to, me visiting someone each night to learn their alignment

If I die tonight Im blaming you guys for the rest of my life
??

TIMTownTrackerKilled by❓
MOO❓❓Visited❓TIM
BOOTown❓Alignment CopNothingN/A

sure ill claim if a couple more people want me to
I'll claim if it keeps this moving along, don't mind either way.
#massclaim: 7/13

hey i didnt want you to claim

and i aint claiming yet
No: 2/13

Heres a question for you all: Does anyones role have anything to do with 'penalties'?
Nope from me.

I'm the Race Director.
Courtesy of last night's group chat I know for a fact that Notty was fully aware of what the broadcast was going to say AND that the broadcast was just a random message typed by a player with the power to broadcast a message in the daystart post.

That said, Vote Notty
TIMTownTrackerKilled by❓
MOO❓❓Visited❓TIM
BOO❓Alignment CopNothingN/A
STR❓Innkeeper / Penalizer❓InnALI & NOT

Well, Alisha is gonna be pissed for this clarification, but Alisha claimed to be able to broadcast a message in the daystart post. Notty suggested that Alisha post that TIM and BOO spent the pit stop together.
TIMTownTrackerKilled by
MOO❓❓Visited❓TIM
BOO❓Alignment Cop??N/A
STR❓Innkeeper / Penalizer❓InnALI & NOT
ALI❓❓Day One BroadcastN/A

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
| 1. NOT - town/3p
| 2. MOO - bulletproof + unlynchable SK
| 3. STR - 3p
| 4. INF - mafia
| 5. HIP - idk at this point, town probs
| 6. HKC - idk i think he sent alisha the message and if hip is town then probably mafia?
| 7. MAR - idk, town probs
| 8. TIM - x_x
| 9. ALI - town probs
|10. OKX - mafia probs
|11. BOO - town probs until he's cc if notty's claim is to be believed
|12. GOO - mafia/town (innkeeper is the perfect role to give mafia to make them blend in, alternatively if the mafia have that messenger role then probably town but idk)
|13. DUF - 3p
|14. SKO - mafia probs

heres your answers take them or leave them

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
| 1. NOT - town/3p
| 3. STR - 3p
| 4. INF - mafia
| 6. HKC - idk i think he sent alisha the message and if hip is town then probably mafia?
| 8. TIM - x_x
| 9. ALI - town probs
|10. OKX - mafia probs
|12. GOO - mafia/town (innkeeper is the perfect role to give mafia to make them blend in, alternatively if the mafia have that messenger role then probably town but idk)
|13. DUF - 3p
|14. SKO - mafia probs

this is mainly because i have mostly townreads on all the actives which means that the inactives are probs mafia
then again i said this in uhhhhh vice? (that was mostly based on number of kills a night tho) and i was wrong

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
| 1. NOT - town/3p
| 3. STR - 3p
| 4. INF - mafia
| 8. TIM - x_x
| 9. ALI - town probs
|10. OKX - mafia probs
|13. DUF - 3p
|14. SKO - mafia probs

actually i dont vibe mars as town (i vibe them as nothing) but the fact that inf went against them like that on day 0 makes me think town but it could have just been a play
could be 3p i guess??