[GAME OVER] Formula Mafia

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
i guess the doctor thing is a valid point but you have to remember nottys motivation was to say boo targetted who was most likely to get killed and idk how else you would choose other than the least scumread person
yeah and if that was their line of thought then thatd be reasonable

but iirc they said they "assumed" tim would die

which rubs me the wrong way

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
one where you lied about being third party for no reason i guess?
Well congrats! That's the world were in except replace 'no reason' with 'because people are too quick to jump to conclusions because of how a role sounds'! I legit only prepared a 3p claim because I knew you would say my role sounded scummy the moment I claimed. And lo and behold you did, and several people agreed with you.

I hope you feel good about yourself now.

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well congrats! That's the world were in except replace 'no reason' with 'because people are too quick to jump to conclusions because of how a role sounds'! I legit only prepared a 3p claim because I knew you would say my role sounded scummy the moment I claimed. And lo and behold you did, and several people agreed with you.
So I used my prepared 3p claim. Several pages later I still can't get a fucking break.

Maybe rethink your plans for once and go with Notty instead of me.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

i mean, do you disagree with my reasoning for your role being scummy? if my logic is fine its not my fault you have a scummy role so dont blame it on me?

So I used my prepared 3p claim. Several pages later I still can't get a fucking break.

ive literally not even said i want to lynch you ever since your 3p claim

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score

what was this meant to prove other than a waste of time

Mafia Host
Reaction score

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Enlighten me again I'm not going to scroll back.

My mistake, I thought your vote was on me. The fact remains that I have more votes on me than anyone else.
you had the same role as someone else (skele), with the caveat that yours was anonymous

i cant think of why ltin would add two town neighbors except have one be anonymous - it seemed more likely to be one was scum and therefore anonymous so that they can come up with a fakeclaim without needing to claim the same role as someone else since people might think it was unlikely there were two

meanwhile you also claimed blocker, when we already had a town blocker softclaim (and then hardclaim), and i found it unlikely we have two town blockers, and i believed oog as blocker more than i did you since meta-wise i know oog wouldnt be likely to fakeclaim a common PR as mafia like that, and youre already sus to me because of the above bit about having the same role with skele yet anonymous

Mafia Host
Reaction score
you had the same role as someone else (skele), with the caveat that yours was anonymous

i cant think of why ltin would add two town neighbors except have one be anonymous - it seemed more likely to be one was scum and therefore anonymous so that they can come up with a fakeclaim without needing to claim the same role as someone else since people might think it was unlikely there were two

meanwhile you also claimed blocker, when we already had a town blocker softclaim (and then hardclaim), and i found it unlikely we have two town blockers, and i believed oog as blocker more than i did you since meta-wise i know oog wouldnt be likely to fakeclaim a common PR as mafia like that, and youre already sus to me because of the above bit about having the same role with skele yet anonymous
OK, so I don's disagree with this logic. But also why would I claim a role that would put a massive target on my head like this? That would literally be asking to get lynched d1 as scum.

Meanwhile Notty claimed a role that seemed super benign in order to avoid getting too much attention after she got called out.
Good Skele has been pretty quiet and not overly helpful.

I guess Im just salty that I cant get a break from being mislynched d1 every time I get a town role. :(

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
OK, so I don's disagree with this logic. But also why would I claim a role that would put a massive target on my head like this? That would literally be asking to get lynched d1 as scum.
depends if you considered all of that or not though, which you didnt i dont think since my argument here is the first time you seem to have considered it

And no one is paying serious attention to this.
i mean saying notty claimed 1-shot blocker to avoid attention is one interpetation, what about the possibility she genuinely is one, why do you interpret it as the first one

im sus of notty though in general

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
And no one is paying serious attention to this.
but they didnt really get called out
they literally said this in a night chat with 2 other people (idk if it was confirmed if the race director was a player or not i think it was)
thinking this would stay hidden was literally never a possibility

Duffie

Reaction score
Yes Alisha made a post that can be seen as five letters but really it was just two 2 letter words with a space inbetween
#metoo

Not really, I just imagine "Me too" to be the 5 letter post... xD

wait we're such idiots lol its in the url:
idk what this means but i found the relevance
Oh. My. God. xD

Well, so much for a fun code/puzzle, I was expecting fun yo be had. x)

hey quick PITSTOP for me during work

yeah i can confirm everything stranger is saying as of page 67 or so

i didn’t call out notty because i thought this was a big reaction test and boo didn’t help her case

i went with notty’s plan in race director chat since i can at least confirm my role, im suspecting tim dying was no accident since someone would have had to coordinate it with my claim in that chat- ie notty or stranger and i trust stranger way more rn

i am the broadcaster and i figured i had made myself suspicious yesterday and wanted to either clear myself early to save everyone from a mislynch or get nightkilled instead of someone more important since yeah how did i know i could trust notty - i didn’t and figured going along with it would still end up helping town if i ended up dying
NAMEALIGNMENTROLENIGHT STATUSTARGET
TIMTown✔Tracker✔Killed by❓
MOOTown❓RoleblockerRoleblockTIM
BOOTown❓Alignment Cop??N/A
STRThird Party✔Innkeeper✔ / Roleblocker / VoteblockerInnkeep✔ALI & NOT✔
ALITown❓Broadcaster✔Day One Broadcast✔N/A
GOOTown❓Innkeeper✔Innkeep✔STR✔
INFRupaul??Drag Queen / Roleblocker❓❓

well i got the message on wednesday
was it super near day end or was it earlier in the day (day end was midnight right)
it wasnt "super" near day end but it was close but this feels cheaty
seems cheaty
Does it matter, since the host could send at any time?

hip frames me with a message
I don't think Hip is scumreading you? :eek:

notty gets me involved in shady plays!
Yes they did. Very shady, very irresponsible. Nottykitten

because i started off townreading boo and notty acted like boo was a suspect first so i was like ok this is a reaction test i think? so i stayed quiet but the setup with tim dying was too convenient witg my message being the way it is
So... Let me get this straight...
  1. Day Zero, you vibed Boooo as Town
  2. Day Zero, Nottykitten suspected Bloop
  3. Night One, you and Nottykitten get into an with an anonymous overseer.
  4. You softclaim to Nottykitten
  5. Nottykitten requests you broadcast "BOO was at the pitstop with TIM"
  6. You didn't expect much of it, seemingly harmless
  7. Day One, you feel accused of things you didn't do
Well, lemme say, I think you are innocent and manipulated by Nottykitten ❤

#Page74/86

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
General notes as I was catching up; apologies for formatting:

Post #1624, Oog continues to defend Notty hard; possible guardian role? = Oog lying about their claim

#1627 re: Stranger describing Skel’s claim: neighbor is one of the safest roles to claim as maf, esp. early game

Re: 1629 – 1630 Oog & Hip talking about Tim tr; Inf called Tim out as a hard tr w/little reasoning = potential TMI; worth noting Notty was also a decent tr across the board

Re: 1634 Boooo asking about Tim tr, I did not make a Tim read; if anything, felt like he might be pocketing me since he seemed to side so strongly w/me.

Per Oog/Stranger claims, seems OP to have two town-sided roleblockers; not sure why Oog blocked Tim though when they tr’d him and expected him to die; why be petty? Why not try to prevent a death?

Re: Inf 1658; Oog obv wasn’t a lock mislynch, meaning Inf would either have to preserve them or nk them or at least those that tr’d him, which Tim never did

Re: 1661 classic WIFOM, don’t know why you disregard this; Inf is experienced and can very easily walk away from an Oog nk w/o becoming a lynch

Re: hipmeow 1660, are all three of those scum? (Ali, Str, Notty)

Re: 1672 Infected_alien8_ Boo was my D0 push b/c of the reaction test crap, shifting votes & reads, then their outspoken pushback to claiming, which is what I meant by saying pushback; their reluctance didn’t seem genuine and moreso bought time to prep a claim

Re: hipmeow 1675 explain why Notty of any given alignment would do that? Then 1677 is fencesitting at its finest; 1684 nobody lynches an un-cc’d copclaim tho, scum!Notty is smarter than that imo; 1690 back to hedging some bets, Alisha staying silent in this scenario makes sense considering the nighttalk wherein Notty allegedly divulged their plan

So there are apparently two inn-makers/chat-makers and two other messengers. The fuck is this.

Re: #1815 Alisha receives msg and didn’t want to out; easy scum reason b/c scum wanting to avoid a possible bait

#1869 re: Inf calling out hip slipping; I don’t like hip here but don’t see the slip? I guess it’s TMI-ing maf strategy from hip’s POV? Backdown in #1882 is kinda wack ngl

Re: #1916 by Alisha complaining about the ‘panicking’ angle; remembering when you were reading deep into emotions D0 bud? This feels hypocritical.

It’s sus that, if there is another messenger, they haven’t claimed. If it was a town role w/presumably pure intentions, idk why they wouldn’t claim and cover for Alisha or push on them b/c of the message. Messenger could be hip in this case.

Re: Boo 1966, Notty being penality-immune is apparently built into their role, so you not doing anything doesn’t confirm/de-confirm that ability. It’s not a meta-related reasoning.

Duffie not expecting Tim to die is the exact opposite of Oog, who is adamant Tim was the primary to-go dude.

#2000 re: Boo, why wouldn’t you believe a 3P claim? It’s literally pointless from a town or scum perspective, it only works when it’s from 3P. Town and maf are both invested in outing and removing 3Ps.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Appreciate Duff putting in the work, good turnaround from D0. Moog wanting to block Tim and then calling them out as scum if they lived doesn’t work considering Tim wasn’t a widespread tr per Oog’s assertions, moreso a neutral read if anything.

Okx, Skooma, Skel, Hk are pretty absent through this whole thing. NAGL all around. Skel still sus to me (see: #1594, the epitome of fencesitting: “Also that cop claim doesn't seem trustworthy to me, although if there are no CCs, could be okay for now, yet I don't like it”). Neighbor claim doesn’t clear away my FoS.

Don’t like Okx and Skooma not participating. Not necessarily AI, but assuming a messenger role, it is either anti-town (hence no claim) or falls in the inactives since there has been no claim. Relatedly, Hk’s content still leaves a lot to be desired imo.

Oog choosing to defend Notty frequently stands out. Town motivation to protect a fellow town, but there are attempts to make excuses/answers on Notty’s behalf = TMI-ing or having an ulterior motive to preserving Notty. Sticking to an Inf roleblock if Oog’s claim is to be believed means Inf is forced to confirm their action, and if not scum/3P Oog can presumably park here and not get attention b/c of their hardline against Inf + their propensity for pettiness.

I don’t buy the logic Tim was confirmed dead N1; afaik he was mostly neutral/null read to that point. If anything he slightly pinged me b/c earlier note about possible pocketing and his outward dismissal of making a post about any takes on situations. Felt distant from the game. Considering that, I can see why town!Oog rbs possible scum!Tim, but this reasoning requires Tim to be a locked tr—he wasn’t—and it means his survival is inherently scummy.

The logic re: Inf not nk-ing Oog is a tale-as-old-as-time in the storybook of WIFOM. A top sus can kill the top sus-er and slip out of it w/enough guile, which scum!Inf has. Oog isn’t a locked mislynch, meaning maf is always forced into an nk attempt. In this case I’d expect to see a bus tbh.

Hip has Notty/Ali both up to lynch and is comfy flopping between either or; door is left open depending on how they want to swing, which imo is always a NAGL.

Related: why would Notty give away their scum plan to Alisha if Notty = scum, and then Alisha lives = Alisha can out Notty. Only scenario this works in is if Oog roleblocked Notty in Notty = scum world and Tim wasn’t a maf hit, but Oog claimed to block Tim. So either Oog is lying or he’s telling the truth and idk how scum!Notty works this out. Zany-ass play.

This brings a scenario w/Alisha = scum and they’re invested in a Boo lynch. Not outing the message fits this train of thought and the scrambling they’ve committed to rn. Conflicted tho b/c Notty & Boo’s roles both contradict each other, and if Notty = town, penalty immunity doesn’t make sense as a scum role if Stranger as 3P is to be believed, and I don’t see a scenario where Stranger lies about that. Boo not believing Stranger pings me.

Hip is a lot like Skel. Roleclaim adds potential town cred but the fencesitting is noted every time. #2101 is the same shtick; Ali is considered panicked as scum but also panicked as town = Ali gets boxed in two different reads depending on how hip wants to ride that out. These sorts of thoughts give cred to an Ali set-up, w/a backdoor in case a lynch doesn’t pan out.

Mafia Host
Reaction score
depends if you considered all of that or not though, which you didnt i dont think since my argument here is the first time you seem to have considered it
I've considered it, and quite frankly I don't know how to respond because I don't know why Ltin would add two town sides neighborizer roles with one being anonymous as well. Ive never seen a mafia/3p sided neighborizer though I do acknowledge one could exist.

Ok, but blocking is not my only ability. Summing up my night ability as a "blocker" is the same issue with jumping to conclusions that I expressed earlier.

i mean saying notty claimed 1-shot blocker to avoid attention is one interpetation, what about the possibility she genuinely is one, why do you interpret it as the first one
Because overall it's a pretty benign claim overall, especially given that she was claiming to have an ability someone already had. Plus, it gives her an excuse not to use a night action without claiming a VT role.

So the 3P claim was actually fake. I am slipping further from the arms of God.
I am too, Mars. :(

Stranger describing Skel’s claim: neighbor is one of the safest roles to claim as maf, esp. early game
Ok but I actually know Skele is a neighborizer. That's a lot different from him just claiming.

the literal only scummy thing that notty has done is claim/proven to be immune to penalties when their only current usage is from a supposedly town role
And if I were to be lynched a flip town would that push Notty up your suspicion list any?

Duffie

Reaction score
HIP❓InterceptorDay Zero: Intercepted Message Received by AlishaN/A

Duffie

Reaction score
HIP❓InterceptorDay Zero: Intercepted Message Received by AlishaN/A
This is 8/13 players thus far, as of #Page74

I promise I'll catch up. Can't ensure when...