[GAME OVER] Formula Mafia

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Up-to-date reads. Ask for clarification when needed.

Notty: Town; assuming scum!Notty means their plan is so convoluted, even by their standards.

Oog: hard-tunneled on Inf; frustration seems genuine, but the fixation leads to dismissing Inf outright or not really providing answers; Inf withholding the claim is sus, but the push outside of that relies on reasoning that doesn’t hold up imo; leaning misguided town/possible 3P

Stranger: was confirmed 3P, but it was all a bait? Stranger from Planet 9 what does this prove, if anything? Lean scum, don’t see town motivation.

Inf: reluctance to claim is weird and the logical jumps noted. Scum!Inf tends to be more focused w/their mislynch attempts, and their play has been floppy to the extreme; lean town

Hip: messenger claim/fence-esque role can easily be scummy/3P, and their reads/takes on situations are all left vague; scum

HK: scum holdover from D0; don’t buy their participation this day

Ali: seems to be making genuine solves and I buy the frame-up angle; behavior has been off but I could be being too harsh in context of D0; town

Okx: lackluster effort is noted, and they don’t come in when accused/ping; frozen out of thread imo, scum

Boo: conflict w/Notty’s role is noted, but an investigative role w/o a cc is never a good lynch choice; not believing Stranger makes sense in this new context, lean town

Skel: fencesitter extraordinaire; reluctance to read thread/commit to playing is noted, and I don’t buy the roleclaim, esp. w/Stranger’s inn-esque claim on the table; scum

Duffie: their effort to catch-up and make sense of things is what was absent from D0, and this seems genuinely trying to find things now; town

Skooma: nullest of the null, and after 80 pages I don’t like walking away with nulls. Skoomaeater join the party.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Oog: hard-tunneled on Inf; frustration seems genuine, but the fixation leads to dismissing Inf outright or not really providing answers; Inf withholding the claim is sus, but the push outside of that relies on reasoning that doesn’t hold up imo; leaning misguided town/possible 3P
explain misguided
especially when youre considering notty town in this scenario!
ive literally been 100% accurate on everything this game so far i will not be called MISGUIDED for being correct about inf when noone else can see the truth of day

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Except I don't buy the Inf angle. Misguided as in it hinges on Inf orchestrating a Tim kill, which was apparently a guarantee when it wasn't; he also scumreads you and Notty, w/a Notty sr not really being controversial given their style. The claim withholding doesn't have a good counter, and the stabs at reads are more in Inf's town wheelhouse.

Regardless of a Notty = town world, you're never a guaranteed tr by association. Could easily be pocketing/having a different reason to be invested in keeping Notty alive.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Except I don't buy the Inf angle. Misguided as in it hinges on Inf orchestrating a Tim kill, which was apparently a guarantee when it wasn't; he also scumreads you and Notty, w/a Notty sr not really being controversial given their style. The claim withholding doesn't have a good counter, and the stabs at reads are more in Inf's town wheelhouse.

Regardless of a Notty = town world, you're never a guaranteed tr by association. Could easily be pocketing/having a different reason to be invested in keeping Notty alive.
why does tim dying exonerate inf im confused
also inf doesnt scumread me anymore
and ya but misguided means that im wrong about stuff (in my head atleast) so calling me a misguided town but us both sharing the same opinion on notty seems contradictory to me!
If you are 100% on the dot here, why is there no support?
since people are bad

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
So there are apparently two inn-makers/chat-makers and two other messengers. The fuck is this.
one other messenger so far unless youre claiming a second one?

The logic re: Inf not nk-ing Oog is a tale-as-old-as-time in the storybook of WIFOM. A top sus can kill the top sus-er and slip out of it w/enough guile, which scum!Inf has. Oog isn’t a locked mislynch, meaning maf is always forced into an nk attempt. In this case I’d expect to see a bus tbh.
what does this mean?

Ok, but blocking is not my only ability. Summing up my night ability as a "blocker" is the same issue with jumping to conclusions that I expressed earlier.
no, thats not me jumping to conclusions at all, its irrelevant if thats your only ability or not and i wasnt summing up your abilities as just 'blocker'. the point is you can block, so can oog, having both of you as town seems unlikely. i didnt need to mention your other ability to say that

Because overall it's a pretty benign claim overall, especially given that she was claiming to have an ability someone already had. Plus, it gives her an excuse not to use a night action without claiming a VT role.
just because its benign and comes with an excuse not to use a night action if shes mafia, why does that possibility seem more likely to you than just the possibility that shes genuinely a 1-shot blocker?

and how does claiming a role someone already claimed = benign?

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Same question I asked Inf: Is there a world where you can see me initial role claim as being town? If so, explain.
Yes, b/c I don't buy Skel is town. Games here are role madness and having two inns is crazy, but not out of the realm of possibilities.

My original question still stands: what does this accomplish from a town POV?

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
why does tim dying exonerate inf im confused
also inf doesnt scumread me anymore
and ya but misguided means that im wrong about stuff (in my head atleast) so calling me a misguided town but us both sharing the same opinion on notty seems contradictory to me!
Tim dying doesn't exonerate scum!Inf or indicate town!Inf. It's not a good basis either way.

Town can share reads and can disagree on reads. Doesn't inherently = scum/town

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Tim dying doesn't exonerate scum!Inf or indicate town!Inf. It's not a good basis either way.

Town can share reads and can disagree on reads. Doesn't inherently = scum/town
but then why is inf orchestrating tim's death relevant to my read on inf being mafia at all

and yes but (assuming you meant misguided in the incorrect sense) calling me misguided would mean notty isnt town which would mean youre wrong/misguided too

unless you mean im just wrong about the inf thing (which im not) but in that case i wouldnt sum up my entire existence to be a misguided town since im only wrong on one thing from your pov!

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
one other messenger so far unless youre claiming a second one?
Ali can broadcast, and hip can make/intercept messages; depending on how you read hip's claim there's another messenger that sent the original numbers message, so about 2.5 messenger/fence roles.

what does this mean?
If scum!Inf is confirmed by night actions & previous day behavior (i.e. Tim dying, Notty sr), I'd expect to see a bussing attempt. None to speak of atm.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
but then why is inf orchestrating tim's death relevant to my read on inf being mafia at all
Outside of vibes it seemed a Tim kill supported Inf = scum. A lot of other posts I sorted through tbh were an assortment of stating something was wrong w/o elaborating. In which case I'd like elaboration.

and yes but (assuming you meant misguided in the incorrect sense) calling me misguided would mean notty isnt town which would mean youre wrong/misguided too

unless you mean im just wrong about the inf thing (which im not) but in that case i wouldnt sum up my entire existence to be a misguided town since im only wrong on one thing from your pov!
If you are wrong about your major push, you are inherently misguided. Idk what other term you'd prefer.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Outside of vibes it seemed a Tim kill supported Inf = scum. A lot of other posts I sorted through tbh were an assortment of stating something was wrong w/o elaborating. In which case I'd like elaboration.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh right that was that super early point i made about the dislike rating thing and inf using that as motive to pin it on me
i completely forgot about this + this was more a joke (i could see it partially being true tho!) i just think that tim was the best choice to kill regardless of anything

and uh idk what you mean about that 'wrong' stuff outside of day 0 when i just replied to infs post saying wrong multiple times since he was literally just wrong
If you are wrong about your major push, you are inherently misguided. Idk what other term you'd prefer.
but im not wrong about it!!!!!
youll all see

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
and how does claiming a role someone already claimed = benign?
Its not the fact that she's claimed that makes her benign. It's the fact that a person with a single shot ability (especially a non lethal one) isnt going to have nearly as significant impact on the game as someone who can use their ability every night.

, thats not me jumping to conclusions at all, its irrelevant if thats your only ability or not and i wasnt summing up your abilities as just 'blocker'. the point is you can block, so can oog, having both of you as town seems unlikely. i didnt need to mention your other ability to say that
Yes it is. You assumed that someone with an ability was scum just because more than one person claimed to have that ability.

My original question still stands: what does this accomplish from a town POV?
Actually making my role sound fucking believable to the people who tend to either assume that having two people with any ability automatically means that one is scum.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ali: seems to be making genuine solves and I buy the frame-up angle; behavior has been off but I could be being too harsh in context of D0; town
what does this mean?

Boo: conflict w/Notty’s role is noted, but an investigative role w/o a cc is never a good lynch choice; not believing Stranger makes sense in this new context, lean town
why does it suddenly make sense?

especially when youre considering notty town in this scenario!
why is he considering notty town in this scenario im confused

could you explain this post in a different way please
If scum!Inf is confirmed by night actions & previous day behavior (i.e. Tim dying, Notty sr), I'd expect to see a bussing attempt. None to speak of atm.
why would i be confirmed scum though and what does that have to do with whether or not i would kill oog, im confused

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
what does this mean?
Middle of the pgs 70-80 they read more frantic to me b/c of seeing a frame-up job from hip. Complaining about being seen as panicking also pinged me since it was hypocritical in context of D0.

why does it suddenly make sense?
It was a fake claim after all. Ergo someone having doubts makes sense.

could you explain this post in a different way please
What's up with it?

why would i be confirmed scum though and what does that have to do with whether or not i would kill oog, im confused
You're not confirmed scum. That is the point.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Actually making my role sound fucking believable to the people who tend to either assume that having two people with any ability automatically means that one is scum.
tbh that's not an assumption without merit. How does a 3P claim make you more believable? Why not just commit to your role and arguing through it; the fake doesn't accomplish anything imo.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Its not the fact that she's claimed that makes her benign. It's the fact that a person with a single shot ability (especially a non lethal one) isnt going to have nearly as significant impact on the game as someone who can use their ability every night.
also

Because overall it's a pretty benign claim overall, especially given that she was claiming to have an ability someone already had. Plus, it gives her an excuse not to use a night action without claiming a VT role.
this seems to say you think its benign in part because shes claiming a role someone already had so im confused?